What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QF1 Panthers vs Roosters

Fangs

Coach
I thought Ivan made a couple of tactical errors tonight.
Capewell should of come on for Yeo instead of May, and Tamou should have been back in with 20 to go.
We needed experience at those stages.

I completely agree.

Tamou was very handy at the death for the field goal. But should have played much earlier. May could have been used better as well.

Also thought Kikau should have been handled differently. Not a big deal though. Unlikely he plays the prelim anyway.

I’m 10 years older but what a game. To’o and Naden have some work to do over the next fortnight on high balls/defensive reads.

There was enough in that performance, especially before half time that shows we have more gears. I’d rather the brain explosions happen in a tight win like that than sudden death footy.

up the pennies!!!

age.s

First Grade
Holy shit my f**king soul. Exhilarating game, could barely breathe there at the end.

Ineteresting to watch how we handled the occasion. I felt like we started off deep in our shell but once we got into the rhythm that energy and enthusiasm weve seen all year shone through. If anything there was a bit of overexuberance, though how much of those extremely convenient penalties were warranted is hard to say.

Our halves are outstanding. They're perfect foil for each other and will carry us to numerous premierships if we can keep them together. Clearys kicking and organising game and Jarome's creativity is are everything you could possibly hope for in a pairing. I wouldn't trade them for anyone.

Our bench was again a turning point. Our middle was suppressed in the first 20 but Leota and Tetevano were dominant against the bench of the Roosters. No surprise that was when we really ran away with it.

There'll be a lot said about Nadens kick off brain fade but the bigger issue was his missed tackle the set after. I felt like both our edges were exposed defensively, we didn't defend kicks well and there were some poor misses by Crichton in addition to Naden. If we get exposed thats where it'll happen.

On the whole I think this will give us the confidence we need to win the competition. The Roosters are an elite team, came here very much up for it in a massive game. These are the kind of games you draw on in the biggest moments.

16 in a row. Week 3, likely against someone other than Melbourne or Roosters. What a f**king season and its not even over.

tripster

Juniors
What a game. Nearly killed me but sheesh.

Some things for us to work on but I did think the only thing that kept the Roosters in the game was penalties and six again calls at key moments. We couldn’t get a six again call to save our lives.

Does anyone know how many carryover points Kikau has? I suspect he will miss at least a week even with a guilty plea. Thankfully Capewell looks like he is in good form.

MTNPanther

Juniors
That was semi final football! Roosters showed why you can’t let up. Naden made a rookie error with the 10m kick off but To’o gave up worse. We withstood pressure but gave a couple easy tries. Kiks is gone for a week over horizontal guarantee grade 1. Capewell is a fine replacement meaning lenui gets the bench spot. We passed a test tonight should be proud with the effort.

BxTom

Bench
What a game. Nearly killed me but sheesh.

Some things for us to work on but I did think the only thing that kept the Roosters in the game was penalties and six again calls at key moments. We couldn’t get a six again call to save our lives.

Does anyone know how many carryover points Kikau has? I suspect he will miss at least a week even with a guilty plea. Thankfully Capewell looks like he is in good form.
This!

Latest posts