What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QF1 Panthers vs Roosters

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Quick match report.

Roosters completed at 90%
Roosters 51% possession
Roosters more metres run
Rooster more post contact metres
Roosters more line breaks
Roosters more tackle breaks
Roosters more kick return metres
Roosters quicker play the balls
Roosters tackle efficiency 90%
Roosters less missed tackles
Roosters given more penalties

Penrith Win..............

Jane Murray

Bench
Holy shit my f**king soul. Exhilarating game, could barely breathe there at the end.

Ineteresting to watch how we handled the occasion. I felt like we started off deep in our shell but once we got into the rhythm that energy and enthusiasm weve seen all year shone through. If anything there was a bit of overexuberance, though how much of those extremely convenient penalties were warranted is hard to say.

Our halves are outstanding. They're perfect foil for each other and will carry us to numerous premierships if we can keep them together. Clearys kicking and organising game and Jarome's creativity is are everything you could possibly hope for in a pairing. I wouldn't trade them for anyone.

Our bench was again a turning point. Our middle was suppressed in the first 20 but Leota and Tetevano were dominant against the bench of the Roosters. No surprise that was when we really ran away with it.

There'll be a lot said about Nadens kick off brain fade but the bigger issue was his missed tackle the set after. I felt like both our edges were exposed defensively, we didn't defend kicks well and there were some poor misses by Crichton in addition to Naden. If we get exposed thats where it'll happen.

On the whole I think this will give us the confidence we need to win the competition. The Roosters are an elite team, came here very much up for it in a massive game. These are the kind of games you draw on in the biggest moments.

16 in a row. Week 3, likely against someone other than Melbourne or Roosters. What a f**king season and its not even over.
When Kiks gets suspended, I wonder who will fill the void?

mxlegend99

Referee
Quick match report.

Roosters completed at 90%
Roosters 51% possession
Roosters more metres run
Rooster more post contact metres
Roosters more line breaks
Roosters more tackle breaks
Roosters more kick return metres
Roosters quicker play the balls
Roosters tackle efficiency 90%
Roosters less missed tackles
Roosters given more penalties

Penrith Win..............
Panthers had Nathan Cleary...check mate.

The_Frog

First Grade
What a game. Nearly killed me but sheesh.

Some things for us to work on but I did think the only thing that kept the Roosters in the game was penalties and six again calls at key moments. We couldn’t get a six again call to save our lives.

Does anyone know how many carryover points Kikau has? I suspect he will miss at least a week even with a guilty plea. Thankfully Capewell looks like he is in good form.
They certainly had oodles of ball in the second half, despite our 95% completion rate.

age.s

First Grade
As an aside I thought Luai was completely justified in running in on Flanagan after Crichtons try. Flanagan slammed his head into the ground extremely late in obvious frustration. Grubby as f**k and good to see one of the littlest guys on the field give him a serve for it.

Real pleased with the win.

Penrith got less penalties 7-4, less 6 agains 2-1, and less possession 51-49.

I thought the scoreline flattered the chooks.

Week off to work on some things will be great.

I agree that the scoreline flattered the Roosters.

I still have my doubts about the Lussick try and the Morris try in the 2nd half was a pure fluke