What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD team for Game 2

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Hahaha yes you keep thinking that your example isn't being dropped.

Journo: Billy how do you feel about about being dropped?

Billy: I wasn't dropped mate. I just went from playing 80 minutes in game 1, to sitting on the bench in my suit watching Inglis play the position I played in game 1.

:lol:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
You'd be f**king idiot to think THurson or Slater deserve to be dropped, has the last 7 years shown you nothing?

It has, it's shown me that right now, Inglis is a far better fullback than Slater is. That's not very hard to work out. As far as Thurston is concerned, that is very debatable, but Cherry Evans needs to get his chance at some point.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Oh right, show me in the highlights over the years where that is apparently so?

How about Game 3 last year. If GI wasn't in the number 1, we very nearly would have lost. the difference between Inglis and Slater is Inglis can both attack hard an defend hard. Against the current NSW forward pack, that latter factor is crucial.

Pigskin

Juniors
Billy is still great

There is no room at Origin level and there is less room for Billy because he is so dangerous. Its obvious that NSW try to bash the living suitcases out of him and have done for a couple of years now

He looks stuffed for large parts of the game and who could blame him

I just think he could be far more dangerous playing the last 50 or 55 minutes and let GI start at the back.

Billy to the bench would be my decision

Oink !

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Billy is still great

There is no room at Origin level and there is less room for Billy because he is so dangerous. Its obvious that NSW try to bash the living suitcases out of him and have done for a couple of years now

He looks stuffed for large parts of the game and who could blame him

I just think he could be far more dangerous playing the last 50 or 55 minutes and let GI start at the back.

Billy to the bench would be my decision

Oink !

I have to disagree. f**king with our forward rotation is not a good idea, at this point. They're stuffed enough by the last 20 minutes as it is. That's why I said Slater to 18th man.

Oh right, show me in the highlights over the years where that is apparently so?

Watch any Souths game this year and see how Inglis bringing the ball back starts momentum as he usually breaks the first line of the defence + quick play the ball = quick dummy half service to forwards and a roll on effect starts. Slater is great with the Cronks and Smith, but if they're off their game he doesn't have much impact. Inglis has single handedly handed teams their ass without his halves. It's this year, current form. If you want to go down the road of what players have achieved previously then maybe bring Lockyer out of retirement ...

Shorty

Staff member
How about Game 3 last year. If GI wasn't in the number 1, we very nearly would have lost. the difference between Inglis and Slater is Inglis can both attack hard an defend hard. Against the current NSW forward pack, that latter factor is crucial.

Any others? Or is that it?
Slater, THurson and Cronk have been integral to the series wins, calling for drops after one game is stupid and irrational, the forwards were lacklustre and the team as whole was ill prepared.
Thankfully Mal won't be half as silly with his selections.

MSIH

Bench
Hannant should be right and will come back in.

I'd have him take Harrison's place in the side with Parker shifting out to that left fringe.

Ahh well, easy. Hannant will help a bit, but I'd still seriously consider Big Papi to add an extra dimension in there somewhere.

Parker was pretty impressive again tonight, very underrated for some reason.

Shorty

Staff member
Watch any Souths game this year and see how Inglis bringing the ball back starts momentum as he usually breaks the first line of the defence + quick play the ball = quick dummy half service to forwards and a roll on effect starts. Slater is great with the Cronks and Smith, but if they're off their game he doesn't have much impact. Inglis has single handedly handed teams their ass without his halves. It's this year, current form. If you want to go down the road of what players have achieved previously then maybe bring Lockyer out of retirement ...

We are talking about Origin not club football.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Ahh well, easy. Hannant will help a bit, but I'd still seriously consider Big Papi to add an extra dimension in there somewhere.

Parker was pretty impressive again tonight, very underrated for some reason.

Parkers offloads are very damaging. Why he doesn't pull them off nearly as well in club games has got me stuffed.

Pigskin

Juniors
I have to disagree. f**king with our forward rotation is not a good idea, at this point. They're stuffed enough by the last 20 minutes as it is. That's why I said Slater to 18th man.

IBM ... I'm not stuffing our forward rotation by leaving a forward out ... I'm bringing in Hannant for Harrison and Teo plays centre for 25 or 30 mins

Rotation would be different, but not stuffed

Oink !

Pigskin

Juniors
Parkers offloads are very damaging. Why he doesn't pull them off nearly as well in club games has got me stuffed.

thats an easy one ... because Griffin tells him to shelve it ... 6 simple plays and a midfield bomb ... thats all we got

Oink !

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
IBM ... I'm not stuffing our forward rotation by leaving a forward out ... I'm bringing in Hannant for Harrison and Teo plays centre for 25 or 30 mins

Rotation would be different, but not stuffed

Oink !

That would make sense if I thought Hannant would be in good form coming off an injury. I just don't think he will be. Bring him back into the side, absolutely, but not at the cost of another forward who is 100%.

I was never confident about game 1 ,Thought Mal was mad for straying from the 4 prop rotation that has won us 7 in a row.
But in saying that I thought our bench went alright.

Anyone who thinks Jt should be dropped ,is braindead.
He was clearly playing injured,still unwell ,& has personal things on his mind.

He should NOT have played..It was 13 v 12 in the 1st half ..JT was a passenger.Mal should have played DCE.
When he got a little involved in the 2nd half we were a better team than NSW..
If he is 100% fit for game 2 I think we will win by 10+.

We are talking about Origin not club football.

Who cares, we're talking about Inglis. When he was given the slightest room to move tonight he pushed off Morris like a pile of dog shit and got the flick to Boyd to score. Slater had plenty of room tonight but wasn't effective until the last 10mins. If Inglis had all that same space through out the game as Slater did it would equal line breaks, therefore more attacking chances and better field position. Slater has speed which is diminishing every season, Inglis has speed and strength. Look at the hit he put on Fafita ffs.

Inglis will bend the line from the kick return, maybe break it and create open play. Fast strong backs like hodges and chambers can capitalize on that. Slater getting thrown in fresh for the last 10-15 mind each half would provide nightmares for the NSW forwards. But to do that, Inglis must start fullback so his bringing the ball back starts the momentum of 1. His quick play the ball = quick dummy half service to forwards = forwards already in good field position lay the platform created by Inglis = halves get attacking kick opportunities inside opposition half.

It's f**ken simple really.

Pigskin

Juniors
3 Inglis
2 Boyd
16 Teo
4 Hodges
5 Tate
6 Thurston
7 Cronk
8 Scott
9 Smith
10 Shillington
11 Myles
12 Thaiday
13 Parker

1 Slater
14 Hannant
15 McQueen
17 Papalii

Gillett was actually pretty decent tonight, but overall is very overated.

Thats how I'd start the game, with Billy on at about the 25 or 30 min mark

Oink !

Shorty

Staff member
Who cares, we're talking about Inglis. When he was given the slightest room to move tonight he pushed off Morris like a pile of dog shit and got the flick to Boyd to score. Slater had plenty of room tonight but wasn't effective until the last 10mins. If Inglis had all that same space through out the game as Slater did it would equal line breaks, therefore more attacking chances and better field position. Slater has speed which is diminishing every season, Inglis has speed and strength. Look at the hit he put on Fafita ffs.

Inglis will bend the line from the kick return, maybe break it and create open play. Fast strong backs like hodges and chambers can capitalize on that. Slater getting thrown in fresh for the last 10-15 mind each half would provide nightmares for the NSW forwards. But to do that, Inglis must start fullback so his bringing the ball back starts the momentum of 1. His quick play the ball = quick dummy half service to forwards = forwards already in good field position lay the platform created by Inglis = halves get attacking kick opportunities inside opposition halves.
It's f**ken simple really.

Blah blah take the blinkers off.

Latest posts