What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD team for Game 2

Pigskin

Juniors
Oh ... and if we had some depth at prop, Shillo the Pillow would be in trouble ... he wasn't very effective tonight

but we have nobody else

Oink !

Noa

First Grade
Any others? Or is that it?
Slater, THurson and Cronk have been integral to the series wins, calling for drops after one game is stupid and irrational, the forwards were lacklustre and the team as whole was ill prepared.
Thankfully Mal won't be half as silly with his selections.

So your going to trust mal despite the fact you just said the team was "ill prepared" by the coaching staff.

Make up your mind. Don't know -f I'm drop Slater but mal and hagan have been coasting for a few years.

Blah blah take the blinkers off.

Why the f**k do you think players and commentators are calling GI the best in the world at the moment? Because of everything I just said ffs. Move on from yesterday and watch what is happening today mate. In my side slater gets a gig on the bench like how Bowen used to.

But Inglis is the best fullback at the moment, he plays there week in week out now. He touches the ball maybe 3 times per set, he is the sort of player you want to give the ball too. Having him at center is a waste now a days. He touched the ball what 6-8 times tonight? How are you going to have the most dangerous attacking player in your side and only have him limited to that much ball? He needs to roam, needs to start each set by bringing the ball back and he'll provide momentum to the side 9x's out of 10.

Shorty

Staff member
So your going to trust mal despite the fact you just said the team was "ill prepared" by the coaching staff.

Make up your mind. Don't know -f I'm drop Slater but mal and hagan have been coasting for a few years.
Lol poor attempt at trolling?
There's a difference in a team being complacent rather than completely changing a combination...

There's a difference in a team being complacent rather than completely changing a combination...

Changing a combination?

Because Inglis has never played fullback with Smith and Cronk in the same team:roll:

Noa

First Grade
Shortys a cowboys fan, she's not used to a coach making tough and unpopular decisions.

Big Pete

Referee
Ahh well, easy. Hannant will help a bit, but I'd still seriously consider Big Papi to add an extra dimension in there somewhere.

Parker was pretty impressive again tonight, very underrated for some reason.

I rate Papalii as well, he was on the bench I wanted to see named prior to Game I.

Hopefully the loss spurs a change or two.

Noa

First Grade

Lol having a difference of opinion is trolling now.

Billy deserves another game but if you can't see he's on his way out at this level you a poor judge

Shorty

Staff member
Lol having a difference of opinion is trolling now.

Billy deserves another game but if you can't see he's on his way out at this level you a poor judge

Well it didn't really make sense what you said.
The team wasn't prepared, they were flat footed and lacklustre....that's not necessarily mals fault...dominating for so long will garner complacency.

And I think it's unfair to drop Slater in a game where quite a lot of players were average, namely forwards and halves in which create space for Slater.
Lets not forget Inglis wasn't setting the world on fire until we got a bit of space as well.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Well it didn't really make sense what you said.
The team wasn't prepared, they were flat footed and lacklustre....that's not necessarily mals fault...dominating for so long will garner complacency.

And I think it's unfair to drop Slater in a game where quite a lot of players were average, namely forwards and halves in which create space for Slater.
Lets not forget Inglis wasn't setting the world on fire until we got a bit of space as well.

You just made the case for him being at number 1?

lockyno1

Post Whore

Maybe because they didn't pass him the ball! He plays fullback he touches the ball 40 times, he plays centre he touches the ball 10 times. As yourself this...which one does NSW want...I guarantee you, they want him touching the ball less, he is that damaging!

It isn't just tonight Slater has been useless all season.

NrlCoach

Juniors
ask yourself this if you were one of the nsw defenders who would you not want to see at fullback slater or Inglis

Kurt Angle

First Grade
It's clear that father time catches up with the best of them, and this team, the oldest QLD origin side of all time should retire from rep footy, or play union.

New blood is needed, and considering never-will-bes were in line for Boyd's injury such as Ash Graham, indicating that depth is low, perhaps trialling them for the two remaining losses for this year might be best and allow QLD to aim for the 2014 series.

Which young players, besides Cherry Evans and {apili should be considered?

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Inglis to fullback, Hannant on the bench, get rid of Harrison who was good for 4 errors tonight. Would be tempted to gamble on Ben Barba for Gillett but probably more likely in Sydney.

Latest posts