What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team Game Three

Mr Saab

Referee
steaming stormer said:
How does Slater get dropped after a hattrick on the weekend? One bad game... a bit harsh I think. He'll be handy to have this week against the dogs

vs the rabbits? enough said

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Rastus_in_Melbourne said:
I've read somewhere that Southern is from NSW, can anyone confirm ? :)

I'm pretty sure he is

as for waiting to see if TC pulls up, It cant be the best preparation to have a guy play on a sunday after not playing for 2 months and then put him in origin 3 days later

Morenito

Juniors
I agree with the Jason Smith theory

It cant be waiting to see someone play on the weekend and then choose someone...thats just dumb for a player to backup from their weekend match and play an origin game instead of the other way around

I like Bowen at fullback. If NSW go hunting to contain Lockyer and Thurston then Bowen is going to have a field day. What we lose in Slater dynamic running we more than gain in having an extra creative option. I still don't think it's our best backs. Bowman has do nothing wrong (neither did Slater) but I'd play Hodges in his place and have the Brisbane combination in the centres, both him and Berrigan are in good form.

TBA is for Carroll. If he gets picked he goes into lock and Flannery to the bench. But if he doesn't get picked not sure who comes in then. Ideas ?

Big Pete

Referee
I think the TBA is TC as well, but I would be hoping it was someone like Webcke who was reported in thinking about going into the game by good friend Gordon Tallis.

Personally I like this side, the inclusions of Nutley, Harrison and Parker and putting Bowen at fullback is good.

The only thing I don't like is the non-inclusion of Slater on the wing, no offence to Ty Williams or Matt Sing, but if we had a ball runner like that then we might have a better chance of winning.

Mr Saab

Referee
As Demon wrote... TC will come into the team and start. Flannery will go to the bench.
Jason Smith and Webcke will not be playing

NPK

Bench
wow.

Assuming Carroll doesn't pullm up well after the Broncos game, who will be the TBA player? Marsh?

Mr Saab

Referee
NPK..

TC didnt play on the weekend. He hasnt played since the newcastle game and he only lasted 20min in that game.

kickback

Juniors
Not a bad team, but i think we need Slater in there somewhere. I hope TC pulls up good after the weekend. There's not many other options for TBA!

JJ

Immortal
Slater must be a chance if Carroll can't play (I'll assume it's him) - Slater on the bench gives them an attacking weapon...

Jordan

Juniors
Rastus_in_Melbourne said:
I like Bowen at fullback. If NSW go hunting to contain Lockyer and Thurston then Bowen is going to have a field day. What we lose in Slater dynamic running we more than gain in having an extra creative option. I still don't think it's our best backs. Bowman has do nothing wrong (neither did Slater) but I'd play Hodges in his place and have the Brisbane combination in the centres, both him and Berrigan are in good form.

TBA is for Carroll. If he gets picked he goes into lock and Flannery to the bench. But if he doesn't get picked not sure who comes in then. Ideas ?

Maybe they want someone to be Lockyer's bodyguard... Carroll is the obvious choice. If he's not fit they could bring in another centre (Hodges or Bell) and shift Bowman onto the bench so that he and Flannery could take turns in assisting Lockyer in defence.

Raider_69

Post Whore
skeepe said:
I also thought that this may be a possibility. Smith stated that his prime reason for retiring from rep footy was that he didn't want to miss any matches for the Raiders that he could otherwise have been playing in. By naming TBA and then naming the player next week, that problem is removed.

good point
could be Jas Smith

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
Two rookies for a decider??? Very risky.

You're kidding aren't you ? You remember game one 2001 ?
6 or so rookies and there were 4 tries scored by rookies if I remember correctly.
Walker, Webb, Buttigieg and Doyle

Think most agree that TBA is Carroll. So the Big question is if Carroll isn't up to scratch then who comes in and how is the side configured then.

NPK

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
NPK..

TC didnt play on the weekend. He hasnt played since the newcastle game and he only lasted 20min in that game.

Yea I know, but apparently he is playing next weekend and they'll give him every chance to get game time and prove his fitness.

Mr Saab

Referee
NPK said:
Yea I know, but apparently he is playing next weekend and they'll give him every chance to get game time and prove his fitness.

where did you hear that one?
no chance of him playing vs the sharks and then backing up 3 days later in origin!

mickdo

Coach
theVodkaCircle said:
You're kidding aren't you ? You remember game one 2001 ?
6 or so rookies and there were 4 tries scored by rookies if I remember correctly.
Walker, Webb, Buttigieg and Doyle
That was an opening game. Teams blood new players in them all the time. Deciders are completely different, with three times the pressure and no second chance if they screw up.

DEMON

Juniors
If Carroll pulls up lame then I would like Bowman to be put in the forwards & bring in Steven Bell or the other way is to bring in someone like Dallas Johnson or at a stretch Travis Norton.