What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team Game Three

Corbin

Juniors
Im very pissed off, Slater is a proven performer at SOO level, Matt Bowen is good no doubt but i would of done this

1 Bowen
2 Slater
3 Berrigan
4 Williams
5 Sing
17 Bowman

innsaneink

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
laughs or no laughs...when does Webcke ever suck up to someone?
He is a man of his word! He said he wouldnt go on the 2001 roo tour and he stood by it. Webcke doesnt suck up to no one.

Thought you'd have the intelligence to work out it was the Qld selelctors I was referring to....re: suckin up to Webby.

Jordan

Juniors
Corbin said:
Im very pissed off, Slater is a proven performer at SOO level, Matt Bowen is good no doubt but i would of done this

1 Bowen
2 Slater
3 Berrigan
4 Williams
5 Sing
17 Bowman

That wouldn't have been a bad option imo..

morley101

Juniors
I don't care too much who is TBA but he shouldn't be allowed to play for their

team this weekend like the other 33 players.

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:
Thought you'd have the intelligence to work out it was the Qld selelctors I was referring to....re: suckin up to Webby.

You are still a fool. Why would the selectors make themselves look foolish and pick a player that has retired. When Webcke says something he means it...unlike Fittler last yr!

Thats an abysmal call on Slater for Bowen, bowen played like absolute sh*t on the weekend, although he might have scored twice, Slater did nothing wrong to be dropped, what a load of crap

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Good stuff. That's Bowen, Sing, Williams, Thurston and Webb all out of the Warriors - Cowboys match at Dairy Farmers this weekend, I'd say we're more than a chance of rolling them and sneaking back into the top 8.

rugged

Juniors
Rastus_in_Melbourne said:
Hell, play Darren Smith if Carroll isn't right. Works for the Broncos.

That was my thought too.

Another reason Wayne Bennett hides players (I know he's not the coach though!) is if they are extremely young. They could do that if it were Karmichael Hunt, for example. Though why you'd want him in there at present would be the question.

Maybe it'll be Slater, to keep him on his toes.

innsaneink

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
You are still a fool. Why would the selectors make themselves look foolish and pick a player that has retired. When Webcke says something he means it...unlike Fittler last yr!

Well they did it before, why not again?

We'll never know, unless he did happen to change his mind, which is unlikely, but I bet Webke is included in the group called TBA, just on the offchance, they'll offer him a spot one more time....probably already have.

Desperate times do call for desperate measures.:lol:

Rusty

Juniors
Qld selectors have made a big mistake dropping Slater IMO. Look for NSW to target Bowen in defence with forwards running at him all night.

aqua_duck

Coach
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
nutley is in!
can nsw control the phenomenom?
My prediction for Nutley next wednesday night

hit ups:22
metres gained:85

He's a hard working player but he epitomises the phrase "quantity over quality"

NPK

Bench
Rusty said:
Look for NSW to target Bowen in defence with forwards running at him all night.

hmm....have a think about that. They'll have to break the line to get to Bowen, as he is the fullback. They can't run at him all the time. :-k

Rusty

Juniors
Ok I over exagerated the all night part.But close to the line they will target him. Its not like he's a great defender.