What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team Game Three

skeepe

Immortal
jono078 said:
Maybe the TBA is Jason Smith, maybe they are trying to change his mind ?

I also thought that this may be a possibility. Smith stated that his prime reason for retiring from rep footy was that he didn't want to miss any matches for the Raiders that he could otherwise have been playing in. By naming TBA and then naming the player next week, that problem is removed.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Southern is a NSWelshman.

Good to see Bowen get the nod at FB. Slater is a cat who can't handle the tough stuff...hence why he's made some sill errors in Origin.

Special K

Coach
17 would be carroll wouldn't it? Maybe they want to give him some match time before Origin? Or is he still a few weeks off?

fourxman

Juniors
Slater was found out in both SOO games so far. He is not that good of fullback. It is easy for him to misread a kick and his defence is so-so. Not to say he isn't a great attacking player and very exciting but Matt Bowen is a safer option he can play just as exciting football. I am suprised that Slater wasn't moved to the wing or bench but definately a smart move by selectors to give Matty Bowen the No. 1 jersey.

It will be interesting to see who TBA is. I believe PJ Marsh, Slater, Schifcofske or Wagon might be the kind of player selected.

DEMON

Juniors
The TBA will be Tonie Carroll....... He's playing for the Broncos this weekend & I think they are waiting to see if he pulls up okay before commiting him to the team.

Carlito

Juniors
DEMON said:
The TBA will be Tonie Carroll....... He's playing for the Broncos this weekend & I think they are waiting to see if he pulls up okay before commiting him to the team.

thats exactly what i was thinking, then they put flannery on the bench.

fourxman

Juniors
Also finally the selectors have chosen Ash Harrison who i believe will be a good passionate player for us. Also Danny Nutley is a hard working player who will love the step up to origin.

Charlie Saab said:
not a bad team. Not overly confident in it, but i think they can get the job done up in QLD by 1-6 points in a nail biter.
I hope TBA is good!

TBA won the Origin for QLD last time in. TBA = Tiquiri last time.

How does Slater get dropped after a hattrick on the weekend? One bad game... a bit harsh I think. He'll be handy to have this week against the dogs

Jordan

Juniors
Yeah, Steve Southern is eligible for NSW... too bad though, he's just what QLD need..

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:
Webke.....one last suck up attempt....:lol:

laughs or no laughs...when does Webcke ever suck up to someone?
He is a man of his word! He said he wouldnt go on the 2001 roo tour and he stood by it. Webcke doesnt suck up to no one.

Ghoulies

Bench
No Billy is a good thing IMO. Bowen is just as good(or poor) in defence as Slater and he can actually create opportunities for his outside men, unlike Slater who's just a superb ball runner.