What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quade Cooper knocks back Parramatta Eels offer to switch to NRL and sticks with Union

parra pete

Referee
Keep the faith...Wait until after the Bledisloe Cup....just two more sleeps.....I am very confident that he'll be an eel...Just a gut (big gut) feeling.
It'll be win win...Win for the Eels, and a win for Hay because we will be graced with a visit by Stagger..for the Pie in the Sky...
It ain't over, until it's over

lewiscook

Juniors
I think the fact that it's not announced prior to saturdays game makes me think that O'Neill and the ARU want to mess with Parra and the NRL's head...

thats why I find it unusual that it hasn't been announced as yet.

So you believe he is done deal with the ARU or you no for sure?

True EEL

Bench
I think the fact that it's not announced prior to saturdays game makes me think that O'Neill and the ARU want to mess with Parra and the NRL's head...

you could be very right about that....the ARU may well have him tucked away and be pawning him to drag it out out the NRL's expense

but then again, you never know........in this case i feel like O'Neill was pretty worried by the news and reacted quickly and awkwardly
maybe they just haven't secured him yet and he was at least serious about considering a switch - in this case i think O'Neill would have shouted it as soon as it happened???

Stagger eel

Staff member
Keep the faith...Wait until after the Bledisloe Cup....just two more sleeps.....I am very confident that he'll be an eel...Just a gut (big gut) feeling.
It'll be win win...Win for the Eels, and a win for Hay because we will be graced with a visit by Stagger..for the Pie in the Sky...

I'm telling you he signs, I'm there...

Suitman

Post Whore

I disagree. Knowing O'Neil's ego, I'd think that it's more likely that he doesn't have his signature on paper yet. Otherwise, he couldn't wait to get one over the NRL.

I'm still holding out hope........although not too much that I'll be disappointed if he doesn't sign.

Suity

True EEL

Bench

i must say, ever since i heard the news, i've had a gut feeling it was serious too???

and ever since Parra has stopped any talk of signing a halfback (except young Murray) and have instead signed add-on type, cheap, role players

Osbourne has done a great job of down-playing it recently too and just saying he's not coming and we don't expect it.....so you never know

True EEL

Bench
I disagree. Knowing O'Neil's ego, I'd think that it's more likely that he doesn't have his signature on paper yet. Otherwise, he couldn't wait to get one over the NRL.

I'm still holding out hope........although not too much that I'll be disappointed if he doesn't sign.

your pretty much like me.....that's what i was getting at back there myself - O'Neill probably wouldn't be able to contain himself if he had him?
and about the same level and type of hope

Stagger eel

Staff member
I know for a fact that the Wallabies will be doing their captains run tomorrow at ANZ with a media invited to attend...

that's when I think it will be announced.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i think Cooper would have told Hayne or the club if he had signed with the ARU

he seems to of conducted himself decently so far

True EEL

Bench
I know for a fact that the Wallabies will be doing their captains run tomorrow at ANZ with a media invited to attend...

oh, i see............
well, on the bright side, it will be interesting if he isn't announced as signed at such an event

lewiscook

Juniors

Ah well, i guess it was a long streach for it to ever happen but at the end of the day it was good thinking about it and how great it would be!

Suitman

Post Whore

It's stuff like that that doesn't get me too excited about him signing with us. But, think about it. The ARU won't want a media gathering before a Bledisloe to be all about Quade.
I still hold out a very small hope.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
It's stuff like that that doesn't get me too excited about him signing with us. But, think about it. The ARU won't want a media gathering before a Bledisloe to be all about Quade.
I still hold out a very small hope.

Suity

well the event still hasn't sold out as far as I'm aware, I believe there may well be about 15000 tickets left and the Cooper announcement could be a fire starter for a late walk up.

Suitman

Post Whore
well the event still hasn't sold out as far as I'm aware, I believe there may well be about 15000 tickets left and the Cooper announcement could be a fire starter for a late walk up.

That's great news mate. If they were struggling to sell out a Bledisloe, they would have announced it as soon as they could have.

Suity

El Diablo

Post Whore
it won't get headlines or sell extra tickets imo

the NRL and AFL have finals on

no one gives a rats arse about the bloodyslow

parra pete

Referee
ALL I am saying is this -----If Quade had signed with ARU it would have been announced by now.
The ARU has NOTHING to gain by delaying an announcement...Cooper has EVERYTHING to lose by waiting until after the ALL BLACKS game to announce he is staying.
That is why I am convinced he has signed to play with the Eels. Not going to sign...but SIGNED ALREADY...See if I am wrong....If I am flay me all you like...If I am right, I am pleased to have provided some hope for the future after what has been a disappointing season.
The Club is TOO QUIET on the signings front not to have a huge ACE up its sleeve..... Just two more sleeps until the Bledisloe is over...I expect an Eels announcement next week....say, five more sleeps...

Springs

First Grade

Well, Hay does need a win...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Joke O'Neil would have been trumpeting Coopers signing ASAP, so Pete could be on the money with this one.

Don't see how hanging off with the annoucement would help the Wannabe's at all anyway. Even if he doesn't come at least we have made the ARU pay more money than they willing to keep him. So it's a win win for RL anyway......