What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

quade cooper

roughyedspud

Coach
now he's done everything he can with the QLD reds now.....he's gonna play for australia in the RUWC in a few months time......he's likely to have fufilled most of his career ambitions in union by the age of 23...

the perfect time to poach him!

as much as it pains me to say as a "pom" but he's the perfect replacement for darren lockyer imo.......correct me if i'm wrong but imagine brisbane being well under the salary cap? surely they could afford to chuck aload of money at him now.....let alone when the NRL salary cap goes up as expected.....so i guess its a question of who's gonna get in there first?

discuss......

M2D2

Bench
Benji has won everything he possibly can. He still wont go to union.
Quade will be the same for union. He may use the NRL as a way to increase money offers. But he will never cross over.

Quade Cooper will take a massive pay cut to play for whoever the Bronco's coach is these days :lol:

As for Benji, he hasn't won the most coveted prize of State of Origin

beave

Coach
he was pretty average I thought tonight. Looked like he steered away from what worked with well during the season and went back to the kick and clap we all so dearly love........... Get him out of that shit and onto a league field FFS!!!!!

roughyedspud

Coach
Benji has won everything he possibly can. He still wont go to union.
Quade will be the same for union. He may use the NRL as a way to increase money offers. But he will never cross over.

i don't think benji would transfer well too union...union players are'nt too clever and would'nt be able to follow benji's attacking moves and flicks meaning he'd struggle to do it all on his own...also benji has a awesome "football brain" as shown in the "gareth ellis flick pass" try.. look at it on youtube...benji movement was just as good as the flick imo....

where as cooper,imo,is clearly a league player playing union.........if that makes sense...he'll get bored

NrlCoach

Juniors
will be a great replacment for lockyer both cant tackle :lol:. i believe he will play league in 2013.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Quade Cooper will take a massive pay cut to play for whoever the Bronco's coach is these days :lol:

As for Benji, he hasn't won the most coveted prize of State of Origin

He has won the prize he most coveted. Captaining NZ to the RLWC victory.

Its a great shame for the development on league as an international sport that some people covet a domestic annual series a greater than a world cup. Clearly Benji did not.

Last edited:

roughyedspud

Coach
He has won the prize he most coveted. Captaining NZ to the RLWC victory.

Its a great shame for the development on league as an international sport that some people covet a domestic annual series a greater than a world cup. Clearly Benji did not.

feel free to pop over to the international section anytime you want.....fans like you are very much welcomed..lol

Eelectrica

Referee
benji could,if he wanted,play for NSW and australia.......he's lived there long enough

Actually if he was to play Origin, I'm pretty sure he'd be playing for Queensland. He played for Keebra Park SHS here on the Gold Coast. The Tigers have/had an affiliation with KP.
That said the kiwis need him a hell of lot more than either Queensland or Australia so either way it's good that he's sticking with NZ. Nice to know loyalty means something to some.

And yes, interesting to note that Quade Cooper only signed up for a year. Definately keeping options open. If the NRL can get the TV contract we deserve a lot more stars can be be retained and brought over to league, thus enhancing it.

Stagger Lee

Bench
now he's done everything he can with the QLD reds now.....he's gonna play for australia in the RUWC in a few months time......he's likely to have fufilled most of his career ambitions in union by the age of 23...

the perfect time to poach him!

as much as it pains me to say as a "pom" but he's the perfect replacement for darren lockyer imo.......correct me if i'm wrong but imagine brisbane being well under the salary cap? surely they could afford to chuck aload of money at him now.....let alone when the NRL salary cap goes up as expected.....so i guess its a question of who's gonna get in there first?

discuss......

Give him a year playing for the Oldham Roughyeds first to see if he can handle the pressure and pace of RL. ;-)

But seriously I would want to see him play for a feeder club first before offering a decent contract - He has pace and skills but can he really handle being smashed every 2 minutes?

dclayw

Juniors
I haven't seen much of Quade Cooper but I was at the Reds/Crusaders grand final tonight and I didn't see anything to write home about, very ordinary performance I thought. This was supposed to be the game of the season, I nearly fell asleep in the first half.

On the other hand, SBW was on fire.

Thomas

First Grade
I haven't seen much of Quade Cooper but I was at the Reds/Crusaders grand final tonight and I didn't see anything to write home about, very ordinary performance I thought. This was supposed to be the game of the season, I nearly fell asleep in the first half.

On the other hand, SBW was on fire.

SBW was shit. If he wasn't getting tackled hard behind the advantage line he was offloading to players who copped a belting because of it. The Reds focussed on his support runners and it showed.

Cooper didn't have a great game but he was targeted hard by the Crusaders. Will Genia on the other hand...wow.