What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qualifying final 2020: Parra v Storm GAME DAY thread (3/10/20)

Eelementary

Post Whore
The only fullbacks I would take over Gutho are Teddy, RTS and Pap.

I wouldn’t even consider JAC at fullback over him

I think Gutherson is a fine fullback, but we need some speed.

Unfortuhately, all the speedy wingers these days fancy themselves as fullbacks.

eel01s

Bench
We played well but can't match it with the Storm over 80 minutes. A couple of offloads when we had the chance to wrap up the ball cost us.

At 12 nil up, the two steals on Moses and Jennings were huge plays.

Is the player who injured Fergo on report? Was basically a hip drop and he didn't even have the ball.

Kornstar

Coach
It is interesting that they deem what Kikau did a much less charge than Marata’s.

Kikau’s tackle was pretty f**king bad if you ask me.

So the MRC only care about players necks in certain situations?

I’m not disputing Marata’s charge either cause it was f**king dumb and unnecessary but i think it was as dangerous as the Kikau tackle.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Addo-Carr hasn't really played fullback, though - French has.

I'm not comparing them as players - Addo-Carr is streets ahead.

But French is probably just as quick, and I'd argue he is more skilful, too.

And because he would cost less, we could splurge, and upgrade another position; by signing Addo-Carr, we may not be able to further bolster the squad.

Addo-Carr on the wing improves our team. Bevan French at fullback weakens us.

Eelogical

Referee
We played well but can't match it with the Storm over 80 minutes. A couple of offloads when we had the chance to wrap up the ball cost us.

At 12 nil up, the two steals on Moses and Jennings were huge plays.

Is the player who injured Fergo on report? Was basically a hip drop and he didn't even have the ball.
I think the difference between us and the 'next level up' teams is that when we make a mistake, they make us pay. When they make a mistake we let them off the hook.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

tenor.gif

Wally21

Bench
Is there an organisation more professionally run than the Storm? Is there a better coach ? I hate the mother f**kers but their model delivers continuous success. Yes they cheated a while back but so did we.
Extremely well coached Avenger to exploit all the rules. Of course I know that rules are there to be exploited and they are super successful, but I can’t help hate them with a passion. Bellamy is a great coach but a massive merkin. Smith is a great player but a grub and not nearly as good as JT or Joey

chiefy1

Juniors
Paulo was playing First Grade under Arthur, left to play for Canberra, then came back.

Ryan Matterson was at the club when Arthur was coaching, but he saw himself as a 5/8, and Arthur saw him as a forward, so he left.

But I agree - we need to do better with our juniors.

Paulo I know was debut before Arthur arrived under Ricky.

IFR33K

Coach
Paulo was playing First Grade under Arthur, left to play for Canberra, then came back.

Ryan Matterson was at the club when Arthur was coaching, but he saw himself as a 5/8, and Arthur saw him as a forward, so he left.

But I agree - we need to do better with our juniors.

We need to do better full stop.

will be interesting to see how the team goes without our handicaps this week.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Personally, I don't agree - but I do see the benefit of having Addo-Carr in the side.

But he wants big bucks, and we would put him on the wing...

Addo-Carr runs hard every run, which we can't say of our current wingers, and would add speed to our backline.

French is not a better fullback than Gutho. He may be faster and more naturally gifted but Gutho has an incredible attitude and a want to win at all costs mentality. Gutho is also a very good communicator to the defensive line, Bevan was quieter than a mouse.

I don't believe either would improve us at fullback, which after looking at the discussion properly is what it's about. But JAC is far superior to our current wingers, he's the best in the game.