What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland’s failed $200m grand final proposal revealed as stadium war rages on

Wb1234

Referee
Someone recently described Sydney to me as 'same problems as London but much shtter'. Sounded a fair description.
It’s like London except it’s got a harbour sunshine and isn’t full of moaning poms

London was really meh to be honest

I can understand why you left England for Australia tbh

even Perth

instead of relying upon people to describe Sydney too you maybe spend more time here and understand the city and it’s number one football code

back to the stadiums, considering the lack of funding, the NRL must be looking for a different option to give the NSW govt a two finger salute, but this does give the Qld govt power to push for better terms. No way will the NRL not play in either Sydney or Brisbane for two years in a row, so Qld should really be pushing for the next three years.

And while Perth is getting a lot of airtime, what is your local expectation for the double header at Optus later in the year @Perth Red ?

Surely there is no way west Australians are going to fill that joint up, even for a double header. What’s your thoughts on the view for rectangular sports there?

I’m not sure which side to be on in this one.

I mean on one side we have @Perth Red who is doing a stand up job with the bait, while on the other side, we have @Wb1234 who refuses to take the higher ground by ignorsuch trivial discussion.

who’s your money on guys?
Is the 3rd choice guessing which current or banned user is at the wheel of this brand new account?

King hit

Coach
Who is that
Chris Fagan who is accused of very racist behaviour whilst he was an assistant at the Hawks who have been exposed as a racist club. The AFL have swept it under the rug and Fagan still works in the AFL as coach of the Lions. Speaks to the volumes of the AFL morals. Perth Red is in denial and ducks the question every time.

Pneuma

First Grade
Chris Fagan who is accused of very racist behaviour whilst he was an assistant at the Hawks who have been exposed as a racist club. The AFL have swept it under the rug and Fagan still works in the AFL as coach of the Lions. Speaks to the volumes of the AFL morals. Perth Red is in denial and ducks the question every time.
And the scandal is being buried by the afl. It’s basically disappeared and two afl senior coaches continue in the highest profile roles as a result.

blue bags

First Grade
You do know that supporters don’t live in the suburb the clubs home ground is?
eg. I now live 10kms south of Campbelltown, no longer in the St George area. Campbelltown to Allianz is (from Google) 54.2kms. Which is a bitch to get to and from for anything outside of Sat or Sun arvo games.
To go to WIN Stadium is probably the same difference or a bit more. But to go by train requires us to go through to Redfern or William Creek and back down. The opposite home which is a nightmare for an evening game. 2 buses a day from C’town to the Gong. So we drive.

Hopefully if the Gong A League team gets up WIN may get an update. It is a Govt owned stadium.
Wolli creek train station
William creek station does not exist
🐻
Wolli creek station near Sydney airport

Is the 3rd choice guessing which current or banned user is at the wheel of this brand new account?
As much as I do like a game of guess who, I am sorry to burst any bubbles, but I am not any person you might be thinking of.

New user here looking for some positive and constructive RL chat. Let me know if I’ve come to the wrong place.

JamesRustle

First Grade
You're a pelican so I understand that this is the actual distance you can fly.

Unfortunately your bird brain doesn't take into account traffic, parking etc that are common problems in major cities of the world.
Additionally, not every fan lives on the doorstep of the suburban home ground so he's minimising the distance, when it's a lot further from house to Allianz.

Perth Red

Post Whore
And while Perth is getting a lot of airtime, what is your local expectation for the double header at Optus later in the year @Perth Red ?

Surely there is no way west Australians are going to fill that joint up, even for a double header. What’s your thoughts on the view for rectangular sports there?
Hard to say, first double header we had at optus got 39k but there was a stadium novelty factor at play. I think rl fans here are generally pssed with nrl at moment and lack of expansion so that may have an impact, and depends on promotion as with most events. Tickets still not on sale so dont know what’s pricing will be like,

At Moment haven’t seen anything advertising it here. Even on nrl channel on kayo they are promoting visiting perth/optus using afl footage instead of promoting the double header!
20-25k is a pass. Anything over 30k exceptional.

view isn’t bad, the seats have an incredible rake on them. The top level really does feel high!
Been to double header and two origins there and found the 20m to corner flag seats best. Stadium is amazing though and makes up for distance for viewing.

Last edited:

Santino Patane

Juniors
Has this merkin ever tried to get from the Nthn Beaches to the SFS via public transport?

Or even worse, to actually get home again?
Honest question then, how long would it take to get to the Gosford Stadium from the Northern Beaches? Would it still be quicker to get to Moore Park??

Latest posts