What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland at it's best

Loudstrat

Coach
Just like to say from what I have seen the emergency services, government agencies volunteers and people in general have been second to none up here. I'm stuck in the Central Queensland highlands waiting to get home. Everyone has been fantastic. This is a terrible event, but Queensland is at its best.

The Tank

Bench
Nice post, mate. Stay safe. Same goes for all our Queensland posters (and all Queenslanders).

Big Pete

Referee
Glad to hear you're well Loudy and that they've taken good care of you - this place would definitely be duller.

Perth Red

Post Whore
All the best from the West, we are scorching in 40 degrees here and it is somewhat surreal to see what is happening on the other side of the country.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Cyclone coming your way.....bit higher than Perth but will probably flood where it just flooded.

Give me drought over flooding rain.

Perth Red

Post Whore
yeh top half of our State is flooding, bottom half is burning! No wonder Australia breeds a certain type of person with a hardy nature and a strong mateship looking out for each other mentality!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It is, we Aussies just go through it more often and are hard merkins.

This is why most others love their Aussies. (except kiwis of course)

innsaneink

Referee
Just like to say from what I have seen the emergency services, government agencies volunteers and people in general have been second to none up here. I'm stuck in the Central Queensland highlands waiting to get home. Everyone has been fantastic. This is a terrible event, but Queensland is at its best.
Ive gotten that impression too from interviews Ive seen on TV of the locals, from the everyday bloke to those trying to organise this mess

bluey

Bench
Yeah to all you Qlders hope you are all safe aand keep your heads up we are all feeling for you guys.
(Just not at origin time)

Von

Juniors
I think it is Australia at it's best.

When we have emergency personnel & volunteers traveling to Qld from all states and also NZ , it shows what a great people we are.

BearsForever

Juniors
According to news reports (SMH) looters have been tying up police resources in Brisbane and Ipswitch.

Australians love patting themselves on the back.

_Johnsy

Referee
Two Ipswich men arrested.

It appears, unfortunately it may not be isolated

Looters target Ipswich flood victims.

http://ipswich-news.whereilive.com....mer-river-rises-and-roads-floods-in-rosewood/

IPSWICH was dealing with a scourge worse than the floods after looters broke into unattended homes and businesses.
Ipswich councilor Paul Tully reportedly said today that looters were targeting properties at Goodna.
Disgusted Ipswich Mayor Paul Pisasale said the punishment for any offender should be to use them as flood markers.
“If I find anybody looting in our city they will be used as flood markers,” he said.
Police had set up many road blocks to stop people from entering flood-affected areas.

Last edited:

MightyBronco

Juniors
If there is more than thats crappy...lets bring them out publicly and let a rowdy crowd sort em out..
Isnt the OP that raving mad qld hater? wtf? what u get lost mate?

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
According to news reports (SMH) looters have been tying up police resources in Brisbane and Ipswitch.

Australians love patting themselves on the back.

Looters - albeit arsewipes, are a minor consideration. Would you reccomend we bag each other?

MB, I'm not a QLD hater, just don't suffer idiots too well. And I didn't get lost, I know where I am and when the floods subside I'm heading home.