What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland at it's best

Joker's Wild

Coach
Ha ha harden up you princesses. She was trying to shore up the people in her state after what was declared the biggest natural disaster in Australias history.

Im a proud NSWelshman and I didnt take one bit of offence from what she said. Talk about reading too much into things

juro

Bench
Oh yes, I'm really cut up by what a politician from another state says. I don't care about her, and she doesn't care about me. Saying things like that is not going to cost her any votes at the next election, so she is probably smart to say it, but it sure looks stupid if you don't let the emotion of the situation get the better of you.

Gippsy

Bench
Yeah, I think her speechwriter got a bit carried away after the success of the first "it won't break our will" speech.

Amazing how it takes a natural disaster to make some pollies look good.

cleary89

Coach
Labor was paying $8 to win the Queensland election pre flood. 2 days ago $2.58 and now into $2.18

It has been rumored Keneally is outside conducting a rain dance.

Loudstrat

Coach
Keneally only needs to conduct more interviews naked.

I know what you lot mean about Bligh, but who exactly is trying to knock QLD down? Churchill made 5 years of such speeches and never managed to bag an ally nation.

BDGS

Bench
Good on QLD showing some great spirit, well done to the rest of Australia for digging deep in any little way possible. Makes you proud to be an Australian when the country rallies together doesn't it?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
...until she came out with some drivel that somehow Queenslanders are superior to the rest of humanity and that they are the only people who could possibly cope with something like this :oops:
you dopey f**k.

So your ears appear to be incorrectly connected to the piece of dog sh*t floating inside your skull.

She was rallying the people who have been affected by the floods directly.

The fact you clearly couldn't see that puts your comprehension skills on a par with a chewed tennis ball.

And any dimwitted moron who saw it the same way has a head more f**ked than paris hilton's arse.

I can't believe some of you. The worst disaster to hit a capital city since Cyclone Tracy and the 1974 Brisbane Floods, the premier tries to lift the spirits and rally the people in the state she leads and you dickheads want to have a go at her for saying something you dimwits didn't only misconstrew, but you completely rearranged the words, added three times more words and then f**ked it up even further before misconstrewing it even further.

Go outside and slap yourselves into common sense, because there's no one way you could possibly slap yourselves silly. It's just not possible.

The Tank

Bench
you dopey f**k.

So your ears appear to be incorrectly connected to the piece of dog sh*t floating inside your skull.

She was rallying the people who have been affected by the floods directly.

The fact you clearly couldn't see that puts your comprehension skills on a par with a chewed tennis ball.

And any dimwitted moron who saw it the same way has a head more f**ked than paris hilton's arse.

I can't believe some of you. The worst disaster to hit a capital city since Cyclone Tracy and the 1974 Brisbane Floods, the premier tries to lift the spirits and rally the people in the state she leads and you dickheads want to have a go at her for saying something you dimwits didn't only misconstrew, but you completely rearranged the words, added three times more words and then f**ked it up even further before misconstrewing it even further.

Go outside and slap yourselves into common sense, because there's no one way you could possibly slap yourselves silly. It's just not possible.

:clap: I agree, it's f**king disgraceful.

Loudstrat

Coach
"We are from north of the border -they keep trying to knock us down....."

That bit.

"They" are actually in your state trying to help. You can understand how it can be interpreted either way, but for those who have left their own families and security to go north into the disaster zone to help out deserve to be treated as heroes and thanked, as NSW did to the volunteers who helped out in the bushfires of 2001.

Besides, many thousands of the "We" are from other states stranded in there as well.

Those that argue that it's simply a rallying call for Queenslanders are equally as guilty as Bligh was (unintentional as it may have been) as discounting the other Australians who are sharing this experience with them.

The Tank

Bench
I don't think "they" is anyone specific. It's sorta like when people use the phrase "you know what they say... once you go black you never go back". :) I think it was aimed at mother nature if anything. Why the hell would any other state want to "knock them down" anyway? We've all got each others backs.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Exactly, it makes no sense why she would be suggesting the "other states" are doing anything negative against the people living in Qld. Use some common sense and you will surely see that viewing her words in any way other than to lift peoples spirits is nonsense.

FMD, why do people have to take things so literally

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
When you do the right thing, its almost as if you've done nothing at all. Because doing the right thing is expected.

Brutus

Referee
She is only a Queenslander after all. But yes - seeing the massive convoy of trucks roll up the New England and Pacific highways last night from NSW and Vic should make her eat her stupid words. That and plus the 60 players from 4 Sydney clubs (as soon as I knew Hindy was going I knew everything was going to be fixed!)

Finally made it through last night - got out and kissed the holy ground at Tenterfield - and made it back to God's coast at 2am

It's people like you that keep Origin pumping.

NSW need more of your type.

I hope you slipped the tongue into that beautiful Tenterfield gravel.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Just as I thought, there was no knocking of other states at all.

Started the thread so well, then showed yourself as a farrrrkwit.

"They" could be anyone, USA, Afganistan, Mars, God, Allah, but loudtwat thinks it is a shot at NSW.............

Grow up.

El Diablo

Post Whore
They just showed pictures of the local league club in one of the towns. Was completely submerged.

One of the idiot chicks was like "looks like they might have to find another sport for a while" but the guy piped up "if you knew these people you wouldn't be saying that. They would be out there cleaning the field with toothbrushes before they played another sport".

Made me smile.

saw that

it was Allison Langdon who said they might have to play another sport

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Furthermore, is it your (those offended) position that Anna was saying NSW created the rain that farked QLD?

Yes Loudtwat and her voodoo doll of Anna, and Darren Lockyer created the rain Anna was talking about.

It is just laughable.

Latest posts