What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Side for 2010?

Pigskin

Juniors
A lot of people in this thread have questioned the selection of Costigan before Bolton and some others.

Costigan has the loyalty factor on his side for a start. And when you win 4 in a row, how can we not be loyal. But aside from that ...

I would say that Smith will be playing at 80% fit at the very most ... Costigan does have at least some time at hooker in the past to fill the void

Thurston is also facing fitness issues ... Cronk on the bench

So in a very very bad scenario, Thurston and Smith both go down hurt ... Cronk to halfback and Costigan filling in at hooker

Not a bad plan B if it comes to that

Oink !

Dazzat

First Grade
To my knowledge Costigan hasn't played dummy half for several years. Not sure if this master plan will work well enough for origin. Queensland will be wanting an 80 minute No. 9, and if there's any doubt on Smith's fitness Ballin will come in.

Joker's Wild

Coach
You guys south of the border don't understand the Queensland psyche. We are a very accepting people. We've had to be really ... because so many southerners have elbowed their way into our state, screaming about 'sea change' and 'retirement'.

If we weren't so accepting, we'd go mad. So to Ben, welcome to our ranks bro!

Yet another sensible response from you Daz. Wouldnt want you to actually think about it would we

As far as I'm aware the same rules apply to NSW and Queensland (cue Inglis whingers) so I'll leave the decisions about who qualifies or not to those in authority.

Not exactly true mate. Qld have a few extra eligability clauses that were granted to them after whinging that some of their best youngsters were being flown down to Sydney schools before their 16th birthdays and therefore eligable for NSW. They can now claim players from 14yo onwards who have been apart of the Qld academy program.

The same rules do not apply to the NSW academy of sport RL program

Dazzat

First Grade
Yet another sensible response from you Daz. Wouldnt want you to actually think about it would we

Not exactly true mate. Qld have a few extra eligability clauses that were granted to them after whinging that some of their best youngsters were being flown down to Sydney schools before their 16th birthdays and therefore eligable for NSW. They can now claim players from 14yo onwards who have been apart of the Qld academy program.

The same rules do not apply to the NSW academy of sport RL program

I'll concede that you are a much more knowledgeable student of the administration of the game than I ... frankly I have enough to study in my own life, and would rather just enjoy rugby league as a sporting pastime.

But feel free to grow and polish that enormous chip on your shoulder through more study of the intricate rules of state selections.

On my point of Queensland's generous acceptance of southerners ... how you finding it yourself?:D

Iafeta

Referee
teo went to high school in qld and played his first senior game there

As I understand it his first senior game was for the Hibiscus Coast Raiders, which I can assure you is not in anyway shape or form part of Queensland.

beave

Coach
The Te'o thing is a joke IMO, he is a kiwi through and through. Club bias aside, I think Bolton should have been at the very least the 18th man or on the bench, but we will have to wait and see I guess how old rock ape Taylor handles himself in the origin arena.

Dazzat

First Grade
As I understand it his first senior game was for the Hibiscus Coast Raiders, which I can assure you is not in anyway shape or form part of Queensland.

How could that be if he went to High School in Queensland? Did he play first grade at 15???:crazy:

Big Pete

Referee
When did he actually move over to Queensland?

Some say he was in New Zealand in 2003, when he was 16.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I'll concede that you are a much more knowledgeable student of the administration of the game than I ... frankly I have enough to study in my own life, and would rather just enjoy rugby league as a sporting pastime.

But feel free to grow and polish that enormous chip on your shoulder through more study of the intricate rules of state selections.

On my point of Queensland's generous acceptance of southerners ... how you finding it yourself?:D

Polishing a chip? Have you been eating from the ballbearing tin again Daz

How am I finding Qld? Well thanks mate. Taking the best jobs and best women has always been the right of us southerners :D

Dazzat

First Grade
How am I finding Qld? Well thanks mate. Taking the best jobs and best women has always been the right of us southerners :D

No problem ... enjoy! Plenty to go around. This is Queensland, and we have the very best in all sorts of things ... :D

hellteam

First Grade
Billy Slater needs to step up this year. He's always been good for a few brain snaps a game lately (Origin 2 intercept, Origin 3 drop ball leading to try), he needs to really establish himself as a top consistent performer at Origin level. Much like Hunt did.

broncos70

Juniors
hunt was a much better origin fullback than slater was..very underrated origin player, he was so good, it was just that the best way they could have both slater and hunt in the team was hunt on the bench

Big Pete

Referee
Hunt had plenty of ticker about him at representative level. He had a lot of accountability and was always doing his job to the best of his ability.

Slater while a talent and capable of some very incredible pieces of play (that try in Origin 1 woah) can't always be relied on to take bombs or position himself effectively to help the team out.

DeeJ

Bench
Hmm I'm going off hearsay from a New Zealander on another forum so I can't say my facts are 100% right.

Latest posts