What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland side named for game 2

no name

Coach
Suprisingly I'm not to baffled over Boyd's selection. Although he isn't outstanding, he is very reliable, will do his job and not make stupid errors. That is why he was chosen.

I do wonder if Steve Michaels wasn't injured out for the season, would he have gotten the wing spot ahead of him? Just a thought.

As bad as Boyd is, he is ten times better then Michaels

lockyno1

Post Whore
As a winger yes, as a centre Michaels is better. That said Boyd is/was never a centre

DeeJ

Bench
As I recall last year Michaels was more than competent on the wing. He is a great finisher in that position. The only thing Boyd has against him in that position is about a season's worth more experience and bomb taking ability.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Lovely to see panic replace cockiness in the QLD ranks!

for mine, Price + 1/2 a Lockyer vastly improves QLD. A fit Lockyer would have made QLD a far more dangerous side in Origin 1 around the 60th minute mark when NSW couldn't quite shut the game out.

Hunt won't replace Slater - Hunt ofered NOTHING in attack in Origin 1. He'll start as the 7th forward - Heather will come on in the 20th minute.

As for Boyd/Tate - you forget that your most useless backs were Folau and INglis. Tate had a dig - his wing was where most of your chances came from. Slater too played well.

You are in with a chance. A real one.

But we'll flog ya in sydney anyway!!!

icewind

Juniors
seriously wtf? Prince NEEDED to be there. better to have 2 1/2 playmakers plus smith than 1 1/2.

Canard

Immortal
No I think that was when Webb and Lillyman were selected for game 1. There's plenty of other dud Cowboys we've had to endure through the years as well.

Yep back to the old days, all Cowboys players are sh*t and anyone in Broncos colours is a champion.

I have no doubt that if Hannat was a Cowboy, he would have been dropped from the side.

Webb and Lillyman dont deserve to be picked and I have no dramas with that, but you cant start re-writing history and saying every other Cowboys player has been ****.

As for worst ever NOBODY, I mean NOBODY beats Adrian Brunker. Any player from 95 and 97 dont count because QLD had no-one else to choos from.

Oh and PJ Marsh will never play for QLD again.

Last edited:

icewind

Juniors
Harrison was in good form in 05. He's been pretty quiet this year. I nearly would have been tempted to give Nutley one more go. (yes, i'm serious)

Nevcost

Juniors
Hunt and Slater should both be starting with one of them on the wing, the other at fullback, their both good at taking the ball up as well as that you'll be able to get Prince in the team on the bench who can come on and take pressure off Locky, hell Cronk would have even been alright. I'm not saying Boyd has been playing well all season but I'm not sure whether he would have the toughness to deal with origin. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Billythekid

First Grade
It doesn't matter who they pick at fullback. If Bellamy prepares as good as he did last game than it's gonna be a tough day at the office for whoever is back there.

If Hunt doesn't start at fullback and QLD loses, the selectors should resign.

Thats stupid. What if they picked Hunt and they lost? Also just because they lose with Slater doesn't mean they would win with Hunt. Seriously that is geniused logic.

Leagueman

Juniors
Well this is more like it. I was always uneasy in the first match when the QLD side was talked up so much. This is much better, QLD supporters bagging the selectors for their choices and writing off our chances. NSW supports telling us how much they are going to flog us. Luv it. I have watched every match since the very first and believe me QLD are at there best when no one gives them a chance. Funny thing is I seem to remember quite a few selections over the years that so called experts thought were wrong, not least of which was one Alan Langer. You know the experts saying he's to small, not up to it, Blah Blah Blah....

Billythekid

First Grade
Prince is in much better form than Thurston anyway. If they don't want prince on the bench than it's Thurston who should be getting dropped.

Edit: I'm not actually suggesting they do this, i just can't believe there is no place for Prince in the side.

Last edited: