What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland team?

Dazzat

First Grade
Gotta agree with W82. Inglis has looked a bit of a shot duck this year - so playing in the centres may be a blessing with less running.

Hodges is always a risk.

I don't have concerns about Boyd. He's looked strong, confident and safe so far. Should be OK.

NSW have obviously picked two tall wingers for a reason though.

lockyno1

Post Whore
so who comes in for slater? GI + backline reshuffle or morgan to 1?

Inglis to fullback, Chambers to the centre and possibly a debut for Gagai or someone like that. Would be extremely surprised if Morgan is even considered a FB chance- there are 3 better fullbacks in the side as it is.

Slater will play.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Inglis to fullback, Chambers to the centre and possibly a debut for Gagai or someone like that. Would be extremely surprised if Morgan is even considered a FB chance- there are 3 better fullbacks in the side as it is.

Slater will play.

so if billy cops one from beau in the 10th minute, who goes to fullback then?

hellteam

First Grade
Morgan played centre for the Mackay Cutters for most of the 2013 season, so he can play there if needed. He was a good centre

chigurh

Almost certain Slater will play.

Edit: Maybe not, Gagai has been called into camp

Last edited:

Johnnie Red

Juniors

Slater will play.

I hope Slater plays...That backline looks a lot more potent without Billy in it.

betcats

Referee
As a NSW fan I really want Slater to be out. GI at FB doesn't worry me any where near as much as an in form Slater.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Slater is a far scarier prospect as a Blues fan.

Just ask the Kiwis who they rate higher at fullback. They've trashed the Aussies in three straight games minus Billy and with GI at fullback instead.

hellteam

First Grade
I think we are much better with Slater in the team, although he can make a few mistakes, especially in Sydney

General question - has GI even dominated a rep game at fullback? Can't remember him being any better than average. A lot of good games in the centres.

lockyno1

Post Whore
General question - has GI even dominated a rep game at fullback? Can't remember him being any better than average. A lot of good games in the centres.

Yep, last Origin game last year (or it may have been 2013, was the game where Slater was Injured) was with Inglis at FB, MOTM or close to it (forget who got the award, Thurston was good too), ran over 200m that night.

chigurh

Inglis played fullback in the 12' decider (where Cronk kicked that field goal).

He was terrific, basically every kick return he sent a defender flying. I don't think he's come close to that form in a rep game in any position since.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Inglis played fullback in the 12' decider (where Cronk kicked that field goal).

He was terrific, basically every kick return he sent a defender flying. I don't think he's come close to that form in a rep game in any position since.

That's the one i got the years wrong. Was MOTM by a mile that day.