What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Trial Match

carcharias

Immortal
Looks good ( no waves though),,good for fishing I bet.

I Lived in Port Douglas for a while..similar type of coastline.

You fuggers are all nuts up there...on the piss every night.

Quigs

Immortal
RockyShark said:
I expect they'll be playing the Comets (Rockhampton's side in the Qld Cup) so we should win that one ;)

Right on RockyShark.

As long as we read in the Morning Bulletin the day after that the Comets coach can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Crikey every Comets coach for the past squillion years has been seeing that same light. Must be some tunnel.

Hope to catch up with you before the game. (so I know who to stay away from - 50 years old and I am still paranoid about stranger danger )

See you in Rocky

Cheers
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
carcharias said:
Where is Emu park?

Carch - you amaze me sometimes......... never heard of Emu Park.... where the Tropic of Capricorn crosses the east coast. (well nearly)

http://www.emuparkonline.com.au

check out the scenic tour........ see our croc at the 2nd fairway.

(pssts he is not there anymore but dont tell anyone. Got washed out a couple of years ago when we had a flash flood. He is a freshie)
p-emupk-01.jpg

Great Keppel Island - from the Singing Ship Monument ---tribute to Cap't Sparrows mate - James Cook

The Park is brilliant. Closest I have lived to a set of traffic lights since I left the shire in 1978. Lights are 40km away. One Pub, three small clubs.. two boys in blue who don't annoy to many people. (Just like in the old days) been a resident here for 18 years now.

p-emupk-02.jpg

Great Keppel Island in bkgrd - Tanby Point in fore ground. Just 2km north of Emu Park. (it is all developed out now)

Great fishing, mud crabs, and Great Keppel is only 12km away by boat. Have a nephew that takes his boat over there regularly... catch the Sunday Session at GKI. 19 (I think) plus islands in Keppel Bay. No Surf - reef stops the swells.

But we have now been discovered and the developers are moving in at a million miles an hour. Houses and developments springing up quicker then rabbits can breed.
p-emupk-03.jpg

Emu Park looking south - The singing ship is in the centre of the pic.
Wedge Island is the island you can see. If you kept heading that direction you'd hit Gladstone.

I love it up here, but I am still a cockroach - as I tell all the morons/maroons
You cant take the c**k out of the roach.... Carnnnn the Blues.

Cheers
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
coolumsharkie said:
Yeah I'll be coming for sure...

Be great to see you guys and have a beer.

Coolum, are you bringing the missus, didn't you tell me that she wanted to have my children.

Tell her I'll bring me banjo.

Cheers
Quigs

carcharias

Immortal
I had "relations" with a sweedish backpacker on the beach at Great Keppell.

Long blonde hair ...really brown skin.....but a head like a busted sandshoe.

Her name was Evelyn....we didn't keep in touch.

Quigs

Immortal
carcharias said:
I had "relations" with a sweedish backpacker on the beach at Great Keppell.

Long blonde hair ...really brown skin.....but a head like a busted sandshoe.

Her name was Evelyn....we didn't keep in touch.

The island is not the same anymore carch........ it recently changed hands yet again. Was a Con Tiki job and for under 30's which I considered a bit harsh. Being an old fart pervert it made things a bit hard so to speak.

But now it is being promoted as a family orientated resort and not a place to "get wrecked in"

At the northwestern end of the island was Woppaburra - tents etc.. The goose that run it has now gone broke after blowing his sisters 14 million. I actually did some laboring out there for a few months about 10 years ago. It was disgusting. All those distractions and me trying hard to concentrate on my manual labour.

It was good to hear that you showed the sweedish girl a "little bit" of australia. I hope she appreciated your generosity. Did she cook breakfast, or was she off at the nude beach volleyball. Ive seen that fillum.

The only thing I ever laid on Great Keppel was powerlines in the f**king ditch that I just dug.

My missus has barred me from the island. Well I can go if she goes. I think it has something to do with me prancing up and down the beach in me dicktogs.

It worked at South Cronulla in 1971.

Cheers
Quigs.

Glenndonna

I think all of us Qld'ers should orginise a big piss up and watch our sharkies young and old play up north,,what do ya think?

Thomo.

First Grade
Glenndonna said:
I think all of us Qld'ers should orginise a big piss up and watch our sharkies young and old play up north,,what do ya think?

that usually happens Glenndonna, usually brissy game the group are their together and a few sydney based supporters.

i'd love to come up sometime, and get on the piss with ima and chilli again!:alcho: but this time up there.

Quigs

Immortal
coolumsharkie said:
She did but sadly she has changed her last tyre on this kids car...

Anyway she can be contacted here...

http://www.adultmatchmaker.com.au/petal333

Let me know how you go

Cheers
Coolumsharkie

Well Coolum it just looks like its just gunna be you and me plucking the banjo.

A One, A Two, A One, Two, Three,
(sung to the tune of She'll be coming round the mountain
for musical baking visit http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/mountain.htm
AND CRANK UP THE VOLUME - it doesn't get any better then this
and Welcome to Rockhampton)

She'll be coming up to Rocky when she comes (Check that spellun)
She'll be coming up to Rocky when she comes
She'll be coming up to Rocky, she'll be coming up to Rocky,
She'll be coming up to Rocky when she comes

She'll be driving six white horses when she comes
She'll be driving six white horses, she'll be driving six white horses,

Oh, we'll all go out to meet her when she comes
Oh, we'll all go out to meet her when she comes

Oh, we'll all go out to meet her, we'll all go out to meet her,
We'll all go out to meet her when she comes

She'll be wearing a sharks jersey when she comes

She'll be wearing a sharks jersey, she'll be wearing a sharks jersey,

She will have to drink with Quigsy when she comes
She will have to drink with Quigsy, she will have to drink with Quigsy,

---------

Dang it, which one of you city boyz said I had a perty mouth......dang you.

Cheers
Quigs

bluey

Bench
I lived near rocky at a little place called marmor, also spent 3 years building in port douglas great places but i love being back in the country of the new england table lands again.

Quigs

Immortal
bluey said:
I lived near rocky at a little place called marmor, also spent 3 years building in port douglas great places but i love being back in the country of the new england table lands again.

Hi Bluey,

Spent time at Marmor......... you know if you kicked a goal at Marmor then you got Marmorlade.

I spent three years at Gloucester, but I love the salt air in my nostrils. Got to see that blue stuff. 18 years east of Rocky now. Don't like Rocky one bit, but love the Capricorn Coast.

Cheers
Quigs

bluey

Bench
Kicked quit a few goals at marmor,they just wernt on the footy field.Used to love going fishing at port alma, and look at the salt mines.

Quigs

Immortal
bluey said:
Kicked quit a few goals at marmor,they just wernt on the footy field.Used to love going fishing at port alma, and look at the salt mines.

Plenty of Marmorlade..... bet you it was homebrand marmorlade, and not the top shelf stuff

and I always thought the salt mines were at Rocky, they called it the Lakes Creek Meatworks.

Cheers
Quigs

Latest posts