What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Trial Match

Quigs

Immortal
sharkadelic said:
Fug, I did not realise how many Qlder nased sharks fans were on here...

gidday Sharka...

You'll probably find that most of us are from the Shire, just extended out tenticles out into the darkest frontiers. Queensland's a great place to live, only problem is it is full of Queenslanders.

Cheers
Quigs

beekershark

Bench
Sorry lads.

At this stage, the ONLY official trials we have planned are the KNIGHTS in Coffs Harbour, and the DOGS in Ulladulla.

Nothing planned for QLD, however there will be a coaching clinic/promo visit by some sharks players at MT ISA at some stage in the new year.

RockyShark

Juniors
Bugga!!!

I'm sorry I missed most of the banter here over the last few days (picked up my new car so have been a bit preoccupied)

Is that the final word from the club Beeks?

Macca

Coach
The Brissy game get's bigger every year. The Forum Cup Golf Day may even become bi annual corresponding with the Lang Park weekend.

Get onboard for one of the biggest weekends of your life.

beekershark

Bench
Don't know if it's final mate, but it's from the top. Of course things can change, but it's doubtful is nothings planned yet. :(

coolumsharkie

Referee
Wish the Sunshine Coast could get a trial match... hell i'd even go see souths play.

Said with choking sound* Offseason.... tooo long... I... I don't think I'm gonna make it...

RockyShark

Juniors
Okay... during the cricket tonight they have been advertising a game between the Comets and the Sharks here in Rocky on Feb 18. Yet the Sharks website still says we're playing the dogs somewhere.

What gives? I'm so confused!!!

Quigs

Immortal
RockyShark said:
Okay... during the cricket tonight they have been advertising a game between the Comets and the Sharks here in Rocky on Feb 18. Yet the Sharks website still says we're playing the dogs somewhere.

What gives? I'm so confused!!!

Gidday Rocky Shark

The big sharks are playing the Dogs at Ulladulla or Mollymook, and the young Sharks are going to tackle the Comets finest next Saturday night.

I am coming up from the Park for the clash, so we might partake of some suitable form of rehydration at Browne Park.

Who else from the Sharky Forum is going to be there.

Quick Roll call

Cheers
Quigs

coolumsharkie said:
Wish the Sunshine Coast could get a trial match... hell i'd even go see souths play.

Said with choking sound* Offseason.... tooo long... I... I don't think I'm gonna make it...

I'm with you coolum, im nth side brisbane so only 45min up to sunny coast, would be good for trial match, espically if sharks play

wobbegong

Juniors
Article from local rag.....TEAM NAMED at Bottom!

FORMER Australian schoolboys star Greg Bird will be aiming to put two nightmare seasons behind him when he launches his rugby league comeback with the Cronulla Sharks in Rockhampton this weekend.
Bird was yesterday named captain of the Cronulla side to play the Central Queensland Comets in Saturday night’s final Minniecon and Burke Pre-Season Challenge match at Rockhampton’s Browne Park.

Bird, 22, is on the injury comeback trail after missing the entire second half of last year’s NRL with a foot injury.

In 2004, the classy five-eighth/lock also spent time on the sidelines when he received a 10match suspension for kneeing.

Bird, who will line-up at lock against the Comets, is keen to cement an NRL start this season, along with former Junior Kiwi star James Stosic.
Stosic made his NRL debut for the Sharks in 2005 and will be out to further push his selection claims this weekend.

Clifford Manua is another Shark ready to sink his teeth into the Comets.

The 120kg prop made an impact when used in the top-grade at the end of last season, including the Sharks’ NRL semi-final loss to St George-Illawarra.

Former North Sydney Bears forward Craig Wilson, now Cronulla’s Premier League coach, will coach the Sharks in Rockhampton.

Cronulla also take on the Bulldogs in an NRL trial at Mollymook on Saturday night.

Comets coach Matt Parish will announce a full-strength 18-man squad today.

Tickets for the match are on sale at Stockland Rockhampton.

Cronulla — 1 Mitch Brown, 2 Karl Fritz, 3 Brett Kelly, 4 Travis Robinson, 5 Dane Nielsen, 6 Bracken Henry, 7 Ryan Borg, 8 James Stosic, 9 Nick Doig, 10 Jacob Selmes, 11 Luke Harlen, 12 Rhys Lovegrove, 13 Greg Bird. Interchange: 14 Clifford Manua, 15 Jeremy Latimore, 16 Brodea Sanders, 17 Tony Caine, 18 Jardine Bobongie, 19 Kurt Puohotaua, 20 Dayne Weston. Coach: Craig Wilson.

Latest posts