What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queenslander!

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Lol, "did nothing, said nothing". Apart from throw the first one eh?

JW, don't let the truth get in the way of your "Big Bad Wally" fairy tale. O'Connor was in that stink as much as anyone.

Joker's Wild

Coach
lewis3.png

O'Connor laying a sneaky one into Lewis.

Laying a sneaky one in? :lol: He's grabbing onto Geyer to pull him away

FMD guys, if your gonna try and back your bullsh*t up with pictures at least make them look like they are telling the same story.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
O'Connor was in that stink and was fair game. You know it, but you'd rather just attempt to demonise Wally. It's just a pity no one is buying it.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Ha ha delude yourself if you wish mate

Lewis was a great player but his actions in this instance were grubby and you know it

MightyBronco

Juniors
Defending teammates on the end of terrible cheapshots is par for the course for QLDers. We've been doing it for a long time now. You will find heaps of instances of Lewis screaming in in such circumstances. It made his players and his state love him even more.

Its made easier by having such grubby opposition.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
What a legendary Captain's performance! Imagine having a skipper like that, you would gladly spill blood for him when he leads like that.

Regarding Geyer, it is very obvious he was intimidated by Lewis. I'm sure body language experts would verify this, as he seems only to keen to get to the sheds away from Lewis.

Geyer was and is just plain stupid, always doing and saying what he is told. He was the the perfect tool for NSW thuggery, and they cut him loose when things went bad.

Big Pete

Referee
I'd rather celebrate what's real than what's falsely interpreted for the sake of bitterness.

Joker's Wild

Coach
No bitterness here mate. Like I said, Im a fan of Wally and what he brought to the game but in this instance he acted in less than "King" like fashion.

As for whats real.....well personal bias, such as that held by a maroon fan, tends to shape what we see.

By all means though, hold onto your fantasies

Big Pete

Referee
What fantasies?

Can't you see that the members are proud of their captain, one who goes after the opposition when he feels he has to in order to set an example? There was no dog act involved and everything he did in the context of Rugby League is fair game.

You may act as if it's a major slight against him but really the only person you're convincing is yourself.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I dont expect or care to convice you of anything champ

Its my view of what happened and I thought it was a dog act

Question is, why are you spending so much time trying to convince me it wasnt hmm?

Dazzat

First Grade
Qualities of a good captain ... definition:

NSW. Run out first.
Qld. Stand up for your team mates when they are being targeted by a thug.

Big Pete

Referee
I was just giving my view on the fight, that's all.

I do find it to be such a pity that you find the footage a slight on Lewis though. Why, don't you have better straws to clutch at?

Knightmare

Coach
Yeah, but never as someone who supports or is associated or played for the NSW team. Off the top of my head, captaining NSW meant a s**tload more to Steve 'Turvey' Mortimer than just running out first.

It never ceases to amaze me how Qlders think they can speak for 6 million people who call NSW home...:crazy:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Dont bother Knightmare

Qld fans can never admit that NSW care about Origin as much as the Maroons do. It would undermine all that they believe about the clashes, whether it is reality or not.

Leave them to their delusions

Latest posts