What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question About Dragons Supporters

Willow

Assistant Moderator
To paraphrase a fellow fan - the difference between the lebanese that support the Dragons and the lebanese that support the Dogs is that Muslim lebanese support the Dogs and Christian lebanese support the Dragons!
Talking of stereotypes.

Acka

Coach
To paraphrase a fellow fan - the difference between the lebanese that support the Dragons and the lebanese that support the Dogs is that Muslim lebanese support the Dogs and Christian lebanese support the Dragons!

Not a hard and fast rule by any stretch of the imagination, but kinda on the mark.

But yeah - come to Kogarah! You wont be the only Mediterranean Descendant!

I'm pretty sure there are people of the Muslim faith who go for the Dragons as well

Steel Dragon

Bench
I'm pretty sure there are people of the Muslim faith who go for the Dragons as well

Oh definitely. I'm sure theres people from all walks of life who unite under the Dragons banner.
And personally, I dont care who you are, if you support the Dragons you're all right by me.

Except maybe Skull.

The Nick

Bench
My partner and I are both Indigenous and season ticket holders and we have never copped anything that could be considered even slightly racist from Saints fans.

Every now and then you hear some boofhead yell out something stupid but ya get that, and for most part everyone standing with the Dragon Army has been top notch from my experience.

But to ask whether there's many Middle Eastern fans, mate go to any game in Sydney, regardless of who's playing and you'll find a heap of Middle Eastern supporters. From what I've seen, Sydney's Middle Eastern community are generally fantastic supporters of the NRL.

The Dodger

First Grade
well can i firstly just say how good it is that people from all different walks of life can unite together and support the same team.

if you go overseas most sporting teams have supporters from particular areas or countries or even nationalities.

and i can confirm, being a sharks supporter and looking as Mediterranean Descendant as the next person, i have never been discriminated against at a game or by another fan.

everyone that goes to the game is there for the same reason, doesn't make a difference where you are from.

im sure there are the typical redneck supporters, as shown by some of the keyboard heores in this forum, but the same farkwits would probably shiit themselves if they saw you face to face.

/end rant

Steel Dragon

Bench
if you go overseas most sporting teams have supporters from particular areas or countries or even nationalities.

/end rant

Remember the NSL?
They had local teams who's supporters were entirely ex-pat european nations.
Bizzare!

The NRL - Australia's Melting Pot!

The Dodger

First Grade
yeah, i remember that league.

marconi were prodominently italian, sydney olympic were prodominantly greek and preston macedonia (or preston lions) were prodominently macedonian.

coruption ended up getting the better of the NSL and came back to bite them in the arse in the end.

silverex

Bench
yeah, i remember that league.

marconi were prodominently italian, sydney olympic were prodominantly greek and preston macedonia (or preston lions) were prodominently macedonian.

coruption ended up getting the better of the NSL and came back to bite them in the arse in the end.

And there was also St George-Budapest, which I presume would have been made up of Hungarians.

I remember there used to riots among the spectators after every game, well maybe not EVERY game, but there were a lot.

vista

Juniors
what a f**ked up thread this is.
Bath's Babes - you're either stupid or sarcastic for asking such a question :sarcasm:

You'd might be surprised but the majoirty of Lebanese people actually support the Dragons not the bulldogs, bulldogs only seem like they have more because there based in a lebanese area.