What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for Titans fans and folks from the West of Sydney

Binga

Juniors
No where near the hype that the titans had. If I didn't read the newspapers I wouldn't even know that the gc was getting an Afl team

Nerd

Bench
I'm with Lockyerforpresident haven't heard one person in the workplace talk about the new Gold Coast afl team.

And no will not be attending a game.

I work at Palm Beach and live at Coolangatta and have seen quite a few GC Suns baseball caps or members stickers on cars. But not a single one of those people with CGS merchandise is below 50 years old. If they're young and follow AFL they seem to stick to their current teams, which look to be either Collingwood or Carlton (though the last one could be a lot of Coolangatta Blues supporters, their logo is exactly the same). But in the end it just doesn't compare to the RL support here.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I'm an AFL fan, but I personally hope both the Suns and Giants fall over, as they are both cynical attempts by the AFL to earn more TV money, and to try and undermine League in its heartland. The only way either team will not fold is if the AFL props them up.

Kenny Powers

Juniors
I play fumbleball or whatever you dolts call it. Half of the other fairys in my team have adopted the GWS and already have bought the merch, jerseys. Some even had the fairy godmother himself "Sheeds" sign their jerseys. A group of us went to the game at blacktown to enjoy some west coast coolers, and while there were definitely more Swans fans like myself there the GWS had quite a few fans kitted out, for all I know they were giving shirts out to kids though.

I already have a Swans membership so I have no interest in the GWS memebership but I will definitely catch a few games next season. Watching Folau sink or swim is to interesting to miss.

I also think the Gold Coast have a chance at making the 8, they do have some gun kids thanks to the massive draft concessions. The GWS will get the same treatment this year.

clarency

Juniors
I play fumbleball or whatever you dolts call it. Half of the other fairys in my team have adopted the GWS and already have bought the merch, jerseys. Some even had the fairy godmother himself "Sheeds" sign their jerseys. A group of us went to the game at blacktown to enjoy some west coast coolers, and while there were definitely more Swans fans like myself there the GWS had quite a few fans kitted out, for all I know they were giving shirts out to kids though.

I already have a Swans membership so I have no interest in the GWS memebership but I will definitely catch a few games next season. Watching Folau sink or swim is to interesting to miss.

I also think the Gold Coast have a chance at making the 8, they do have some gun kids thanks to the massive draft concessions. The GWS will get the same treatment this year.

Oops.

AuckMel

Bench
I'm with you, Twiz. Maybe the Lions, but even they were ok on the weekend. Hard to find a win.

Raiderdave

First Grade

ha ha ha :sarcasm::crazy::crazy::o:shock:

best call in 2011 so far

Raiderdave

First Grade
I have looked into my crystal ball

its August 2012
its a Saturday & an unusually cold winters night at Homebush ..... 6c some icey drizzle around & a howling wind

welcome to the Sydney showground for the GWS V Gold Coast Suns AFL match
the GWS are yet to win a game & sit last on the AFL ladder .. the Suns 2nd last.. have won two games ( only 3 in total since 2011)

the crowd is pouring in & GWS officials are hopeful the crowd will exceed 5,000
it ends up 3,843

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ah ... good times

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Honestly if it wasn’t for LU and the Courier-Mail I wouldn’t even know the Suns exist… I still haven’t seen any merch, haven’t heard anyone mention them or the Giants, etc. Biggest non-event in history.