What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

colly

Juniors
Posted this. seems a better forum for this post.

Also did you see Vlandy kick rugga in the balls when the sheer weight of his personality made 'sky' pull their broadcast for pubs and clubs. Good-on -you Vlandy make nine stew in their own shit.
SMH-
"Equally, Tabcorp officials were concerned that Racing NSW chief executive Peter V’landys, a key partner of the wagering giant, had not been consulted prior to the deal being brokered.

Industry sources say V’landys, who is also the chairman of the Australian Rugby League Commission, had not vetoed the deal. However, they say he was unhappy about Sky Channel’s agreement with Stan Sport as he believed it would have a negative impact on wagering.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...-up-deal-with-stan-sport-20210219-p5747i.html
This is a fight and I like Vlandy attitude- their can be only one, none of this where in this together- room for everybody- bullshit.
Are we going to win? Including agaist the AFL, I be disappointing if we didn't go outright and become number one.

See how Vlandy fights. quote
The news comes just a week after V’landys complained to Nine Entertainment Co, the owner of Stan and the publisher of this masthead, about the lack of promotion for the upcoming NRL season in comparison to the rebranded Super Rugby competition, which started on Friday night.

The Sky pull their broadcast of clubs and pubs THEN Tabcorp pulls their wagering deal- I'm so sorry for rugga /sac

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Channel 9 carrying on in typical take rugby league for granted fashion.
Please Rugba V'landys contract next TV deal with 7 or 10 for the future, not these lighweight gimps from 9 and the Herald mob.They are leather patches right down to the office junior.They deserve ratings down to boot studs level.

MugaB

Coach
My grea great Aunty (born 1880) heard the dog was not impressed with that Vet you mentioned.Barking mad in fact with the service.
Fk me, are you guys alright, can you keep it down, im trying to sleep over here... besides the vets 2nd cousin was a stark raving witch, whos had cursed the neighborhood the week before this all started, thank good for PVL if it wasn't for him, rugba leg would be still be run by Greenberg

Desert Qlder

First Grade
NRL chairman Peter V’landys says his code saved AFL from financial ruin at height of pandemic

The NRL v AFL code war has been reignited, with Peter V’landys taking credit for saving the AFL at the height of the pandemic last year but he’s also taken aim at the game and the fans.

Outspoken Australian Rugby League chairman Peter V’landys has taken credit for having “saved” the AFL from financial doom last year and has lashed the rival code as “boring”.

Under V’Landys’ strong leadership, the NRL was the first major sport in Australia to emerge from the COVID-19 shutdowns last year and helped pave the way for other sports.

The competition returned on May 28, with the AFL following suit and kicking off two weeks later on June 11.

The AFL had been staring at a billion-dollar black hole but ended up completing a 17-round season and finals series last October to report only a small loss for the year.

“In an unusual way we saved a lot of sports,” V’Landys told the Fox Sports Matty Johns Face to Face podcast.

“Because a lot of sports were looking at much later dates. They were looking at August-September and the financial losses they would have incurred would have been significant.

“I think the AFL were looking at a billion dollar loss, is what they announced. They made a $24 million loss because they started earlier.

“With all the criticism, with all the name calling, they started two weeks after us.

“So we proved we could be leaders, and we led, and everyone else followed.”

V’Landys said while he enjoyed healthy competition between sporting codes which pushed everyone to do better, he believed the AFL did not enjoy it and struggled with the idea of not being the leader in Australian sport.

“It is just simply competition, but they’ve never had competition,” he said.

“To them it’s foreign, they don’t know how to handle it.

“We’re giving them competition. We’re going to get better, we’re going to get stronger and we’re going to take some of their fans.”

Asked by Johns if he liked AFL, V’Landys responded: “Next question”.

“Not really, no,” he went on to say.

“I’ve never been a fan and I don’t want to take anything away from the great athletes of the AFL … they are great athletes and they have to be because it is such a boring sport.

“I can’t get enthused on it, and that’s just me, but there’s a lot of other people that love the sport, but they must love a lot of other boring things too.”

The NRL chairman said he had not had enough to do with AFL headquarters to label them “arrogant”, but said he did have issues with some individuals.

“There’s certain figureheads, they go for the person rather than the ball,” V’Landys said.

“I remember one chairman down there calling me a ‘nothing’. He got quite personal.

“I don’t blame them for wanting to come in (to NSW and Queensland) and take over. That’s what they are paid to do. But we’ve just got to take them on.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...c/news-story/e99bfa48a62c5432263cede522d859a3

taipan

Referee
softest interview ever. Not one challenging question asked, just another News ltd puff piece for V'landys. No surprise he had New Ltd newspapers as the backdrop.

Understand he upset you ,because of his sly dig at the AFL.

Vlad made mention confidentially ,that he can only please one person per day.
Today is not your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Watched it - while the diatribe on AFL was ok to touch on, geez MJ carried on with it far too long. Was "cheap" to focus on that as much as he did - would much rather they asked other questions such as plans for Rugby League at a local, expansion, and international level.

As it happened - he made PVL take AFL bait too much. Wasted opportunity rather than "AFL is shit" throughout.

Tell us something we don't know what PVL is doing, not rehash what we already know.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
It is important to keep in context the criticism and hypocrisy that the AFL, it's media and supporters level at V'Landys when assessing his response:

Jeff Kennett
"Down here, he’s irrelevant. We don’t even know who he is. There are a few in the sporting game that know his name - through football or racing - but he could walk down the street here in Melbourne and no one would recognise him,"
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pe...t-fires-back-at-v-landys-20200710-p55azf.html

The recently disgraced Eddie McGuire:
“The AFL wants to show social leadership, they don't want to be out like the NRL spruiking different ideas, we're going to be model citizens.”

Caroline Wilson:
“At a time when people are falling ill, potentially dying, businesses going under and people losing their jobs, to open the conversation by demanding public money demonstrated a lack of grace,”
“Your behaviour reminded me of those selfish panic merchants who have stripped supermarket shelves and have highlighted the wort of Australia's response to this plague.”

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/nrl-202...kbOFXL-pW6jj2-P28BNGSg3-RCKjjX3iQrEEyYFA7qoJD

Diesel

Referee
Asked by Johns if he liked AFL, V’Landys responded: “Next question”.

“Not really, no,” he went onto say.

“I’ve never been a fan and I don’t want to take anything away from the great athletes of the AFL … they are great athletes and they have to be because it is such a boring sport.

“I can’t get enthused on it, and that’s just me, but there’s a lot of other people that love the sport, but they must love a lotof other boring things too.”