What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Great Dane

First Grade
😂

You miss tackles and drop the ball you lose simple as that
Or you have the ref call a bunch of repeat sets seemingly at random, with nobody able to tell what they were specifically for, while totally ignoring dozens of other blatant infringements.

Or you have your player sent off for a clearly unavoidable accidental head high, while much, much worse are only penalised or even totally ignored on occasion.

Hell you might even have the bunker just forget the rules and everybody have to pretend that it didn't happen...

The game is a f**king mess, an unwatchable mess, and the only reason you are pretending that it's not is because you're scared that changes will effect your team's winning ways. But what's new, self interest is rugby league's middle name.

franklin2323

Immortal
Or you have the ref call a bunch of repeat sets seemingly at random, with nobody able to tell what they were specifically for, while totally ignoring dozens of other blatant infringements.

Or you have your player sent off for a clearly unavoidable accidental head high, while much, much worse are only penalised or even totally ignored on occasion.

Hell you might even have the bunker just forget the rules and everybody have to pretend that it didn't happen...

The game is a f**king mess, an unwatchable mess, and the only reason you are pretending that it's not is because you're scared that changes will effect your team's winning ways. But what's new, self interest is rugby league's middle name.
Replace the 6 agains with penalties and that has always been the game for as long as I can remember.

Watch that WT v Storm game. What rules could of changed that. WT were dropping it off kicks, they weren't giving 6 agains or penalties.

As for us. We never get 6 agains. We dominate due to ball control and defence.

Take 1st half this week. Forced 6 drop outs

Did the same v Sharks at Penrith

So you can change the rules won't change the positions on the ladder.

It will just make the game slower and more boring like Union or Soccer and no one will watch.

Just is finding the balance so not stop/start or too fast

reanimate

Bench

That’s what I don’t like about the six again rule- there’s no explanation and no accountability. Under the old rules, if a ref was continually pulling the wrong reign, players and the crowd would call them on it and potentially make them think twice about awarding another dodgy penalty. Now it’s just call six more and the defending team has no time to think about it or question it, they just have to immediately prepare for another six tackle onslaught.

Dear Peter

You should read this or at least one of your staff should.
Anyway I just want to let you know that I’m not watching as much footy as I used to

I haven’t watched any game in the last 2 rounds… and (same as you) not because my team is shit….

I’m just fed up with the joke of a sport it’s become - under the watch of Australia’s version of Donald Trump.

Ill watch origin this week but dunno when I’ll watch a club game again. I’ve lost interest. Saddens me to be perfectly honest.

Funny that I quit my Foxtel 2 years ago but have recently been getting texts of “offers to rejoin” and even a letter posted out this week… perhaps more people like me have voted with their feet… aside from Kayo n Netflix eating into their audience…

Just wondering has V'Landys got an email address that I can write to him? I want to get his attention about stadiums.
But I don't know where to write that he will read it. Has anyone got an idea? I mean he always is referring to the hate emails he keeps getting so I guess there is an email address that he reads from the fans who write to him, right?

Anyway, I much appreciate anyone's help on this. Thank you.
Mr. Peter V’landys
Privacy Officer
Racing NSW
Level 7, 51 Druitt St,
SYDNEY NSW 2000

Postal Address: Racing NSW
Level 7, 51 Druitt St,
SYDNEY NSW 2000

Telephone (02) 9551 7556
Facsimile (02) 9551 7501
Email pvlandys@racingnsw.com.au
www.racingnsw.com.au

>>
I used to work in the same building as Racing NSW. A floor below them actually … could easily pop in unless they’ve beefed up security to the building. It’s just around the corner from “the scary canary”.

Last edited:

raiders_boy

Juniors
It will just make the game slower and more boring like Union or Soccer and no one will watch.
You’re joking, right? The game is unwatchable at the moment.

Over the years, there has been plenty of bleating about needing to ‘speed the game up’ but people tend to forget that defence is 50% of the game. Some of the great matches over the past decade are low scoring, gripping contests. Points should be earned, they should be hard to come by.

The game was never boring, it was never slow, it was never broken. It had huge ratings, great coverage, engaged fans. Season 2021 is the worst of all time. You want boring? Try watching yet another 50-0 thrashing. Try watching games get ruined because of ridiculous, overzealous sin bins.

The game is currently broken, it’s boring and so many people are losing interest. It is no longer anecdotal. Someone needs to stop this maverick idiot in charge.

mickeylane

Bench

Over the years, there has been plenty of bleating about needing to ‘speed the game up’ but people tend to forget that defence is 50% of the game. Some of the great matches over the past decade are low scoring, gripping contests. Points should be earned, they should be hard to come by.

The game was never boring, it was never slow, it was never broken. It had huge ratings, great coverage, engaged fans. Season 2021 is the worst of all time. You want boring? Try watching yet another 50-0 thrashing. Try watching games get ruined because of ridiculous, overzealous sin bins.

The game is currently broken, it’s boring and so many people are losing interest. It is no longer anecdotal. Someone needs to stop this maverick idiot in charge.
The game is f**ked - it’s confusing , it’s lost it’s mongrel, and more importantly it’s taken out the fabric of the sport that made us fall in love w the game
5 things that must happen to save the game now
1. Abolish 6 again rule
2. Allow shoulder led tackles
3. Abolish 18th man rule
4. Interchange down to only 6
5. f**k off the bunker and allow human error back in the game

mave

Coach
I think it's pretty obvious that momentum is too hard to reverse in VLandys ball.

The second an error is made, bad ref call, anything really, goes against a side, it's way too easy for teams to control momentum for long periods of time.

Titans v Manly was the most obvious example....in both halves.

If not for the half time break, Titans would have been up by 40.

siv

First Grade
I have said before the next rule adjustment should be a defensive one

A simple return to 5m defensive line would do the trick

With a penalty returning for inside the 5m/10m rather than 6 again. Let it be for ruck infringements only

And penalise with a 6 again for hands on the ball in the ruck

franklin2323

Immortal
I think it's pretty obvious that momentum is too hard to reverse in VLandys ball.

The second an error is made, bad ref call, anything really, goes against a side, it's way too easy for teams to control momentum for long periods of time.

Titans v Manly was the most obvious example....in both halves.

If not for the half time break, Titans would have been up by 40.

There were like 75 missed tackles in that game

franklin2323

Immortal

The wrestle was garbage. Keeping closer games by having defenders lay and slow someone down is not exciting.

I agree and have said the tackle penalties are BS.

As for the scores. I want to see guys like Tom Turbo etc put on clinics but teams also have to be able to defend it.

Take GC. They are a side under performing. Where is their plodder? A guy that will make 50-60 tackles a game etc.

So not sure of a rule that makes them better defensively. So it is easy to say different rules would be a different outcome but there is nothing to say otherwise

Mark B

Juniors
Was a fan, however with recent history and his arrogance along with News Ltd hacks kissing his arse. Not so much now.

mongoose

Coach
I have said before the next rule adjustment should be a defensive one

A simple return to 5m defensive line would do the trick

With a penalty returning for inside the 5m/10m rather than 6 again. Let it be for ruck infringements only

And penalise with a 6 again for hands on the ball in the ruck

Yep, go back to 5m.

You will reduce the slowing down tactics in the ruck because it will be easier for defenses to reset their line. There will be less penalties or 6 agains.

You also reduce some of the fatigue which causes concussions.

super_coach

First Grade
The head crackdown had to happen, but it’s funny how it was implemented overnight mid season. All the high stuff should be dealt with by the match review people, as it seems the bunker and refs can not get it right.

As for the six again rule, it’s the mystery call that is being applied with zero accountability and with zero consistency.

Sadly the game is now like rugby sevens, a good game to watch once a year for novelty, but week in and week out it’s a terrible product. Although I guess as clubs overhaul their rosters with players more suited to PVball things will gradually change

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
My question for V'Landys:

413612.jpg

Latest posts