What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perth Red

Post Whore
So what do you watch instead?

ESL is breaking all point scoring records

AFL had a couple of 50 point margins the weekend.

F1 is a 2 horse race.

V8's are one horse race
Netflix, just got it theres a sht load of stuff to watch on there. Sport wise Im not watching much at moment and tbh spend much more time on the weekend in the garage on my race car than ever before. Also SL as my club arent their usual shthouse side this year :)
Probably not a bad thing but a shame for NRL that it is losing its fanbase.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You were one of the first to call him out last year when many many folk were kissing his feet. Hats off..
I've seen companies destroyed by Exec managers with his style. In a world as complex as RL with all its carniverous stakeholders his style was eventually going to blow up big time, didnt think it would be this quick but there you go.

Aus_Dog

Juniors
I’m watching for no other reason than I’m rusted on but my leaguebido has taken a hit. I’m simply not enjoying it as much. It’s actually more fun coming on here tbh.
Exactly, I don't understand why ppl think you would just stop talking about something you have loved your whole life in the hope that it is put in a better state than it is right now.

Aus_Dog

Juniors
So you'll spend time on a forum dedicated to a sport you no longer watch? Because you love the sport..? But refuse to watch it?

And how would you know if it's changed without watching it? Be it for better or worse?

This is why I'm calling bullshit.
Call bullshit all you want, I only needed to watch the first 2 rounds to see it was crap.

I come on here to hopefully see some info that they are fixing things as I want to go back to watching it again

So what do you watch instead?

I haven't watched any sport - NRL or otherwise. I've been happily out and about, working around the house, on my business, tinkering on my car, gone away on weekends, watching movies with the kids... or on my own if I'm free. All sorts of stuff.

I'd have made time to watch games in the past. Not now. Watching Rugby League this year has been the most frustrating viewing experience I can recall - and I'm a dragons fan with years of torture at the games or on my TV... Why watch something that just pisses me off. Got better ways to spend my time.

Good luck to fans of Penrith, the Storm etc... it shouldn't be a mark on how they are playing the game. But i've decided to take a break from it all.

Again - I don't mind the forums coz there's some good banter in here, I like reading the views of others, and there's other forums away from the NRL such as Off the ball, Other Sports etc I like mucking about in.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Call bullshit all you want, I only needed to watch the first 2 rounds to see it was crap.

I come on here to hopefully see some info that they are fixing things as I want to go back to watching it again
Mate, I can almost guarantee that if the Dogs weren't an absolute joke right now, you'd be watching.

This whole "It's so shit I don't even watch anymore" line is just plain silly - Most of the people saying this are still in the Game Day threads commenting on the games... that they apparently didn't watch... (not saying that you're in this group Aus_Dog, but most of the others are)

I've seen companies destroyed by Exec managers with his style. In a world as complex as RL with all its carniverous stakeholders his style was eventually going to blow up big time, didnt think it would be this quick but there you go.
Peter-Vlandys-getty.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2Ffaea8f52-8a9d-4bca-905c-7d100424c6bd.jpg

Aus_Dog

Juniors
Mate, I can almost guarantee that if the Dogs weren't an absolute joke right now, you'd be watching.

This whole "It's so shit I don't even watch anymore" line is just plain silly - Most of the people saying this are still in the Game Day threads commenting on the games... that they apparently didn't watch... (not saying that you're in this group Aus_Dog, but most of the others are)
I can't speak for others but I can assure you won't find a quote from me in the game day threads.

It has nothing to do with the Dogs, they have been shit many times over my lifetime, so I would watch neutral games as I would enjoy them more. That is not happening now as I can't enjoy the neutral games either.

Also the rest of my family are all Panthers fans as I grew up in that area (St Clair) before moving myself to ACT, and they aren't watching either. My brother would take my nephew to so many Panthers games but he hasn't gone this year as he also does not like the direction the game has gone in.

Having scores of 56-24 is not the game I enjoy watching.

franklin2323

Immortal
Exactly, and that is why the NRL was better, it was a competition, now it's not, its the same as everything else

So Last year the NRL ran smootly. There was not anything that could of possibly affected the standard of play?

I am going to assume you are a Dogs fan by your Avi.

New coach comes on board
Pre-season starts 4 weeks later then usual
Guys like Topine etc that a new coach would normally lean on haven't played footy in over 12 months. So are going to be rusty
NRL only allows 1 trial per team so you can't even try different things before the season

The year was going to be a bludger anyway due to those factors for the struggling sides

As for the NRL as a whole. Just past the halfway point of the year. 14th is only 2 wins from the 8th so it is just as competitive as ever just teams don't seem to back it up the following week after getting a win

You mean V'Landy's is going to make rugby league great again?

I just wish so-called rugby league supporters would stop thinking for themselves and just let Saint Pete do their thinking for them. Because let's face it, thinking isn't a rugby league fan's strong suit. Isn't it great we have a strongman with an iron fist in charge for once, unlike that bleeding heart, Macklemore loving lefty Todd Greenberg?

some11

Referee

Ask people if they watch other games not involving their team.

I still do, only because of SuperCoachthough. without that I would not.

There are barely any contests anymore. The arm wrestle and tension is gone.

some11

Referee
It's quite the lol that the generally accepted solution to the latest rule changes, seems to be yet more rule changes.
I was actually a fan of 6 agains last year. Including inside 10m was the straw that broke the camels back because it is the most blown penalty in the game.

Add to that you have games now that have a million 6 agains and sin bins and rubbish, then another game is reffed like it used to be. It's pretty f**king frustrating.

some11

Referee
F1 is a 2 horse race.
At least there's tension this year with Red Bull vs Mercedes. The mid-field is good too.

The French GP was a ripper when it is usually one of the worst of the season. When you can't wait for the next race to start you know they're doing something right.

Funnily enough rule changes that nerfed mercedes have made the product better, unlike our current predicament.

franklin2323

Immortal
Exactly, and that is why the NRL was better, it was a competition, now it's not, its the same as everything else

There is 1-2 good games a week. I struggle to think of what rules would make Broncs any good

franklin2323

Immortal
At least there's tension this year with Red Bull vs Mercedes. The mid-field is good too.

The French GP was a ripper when it is usually one of the worst of the season. When you can't wait for the next race to start you know they're doing something right.

Funnily enough rule changes that nerfed mercedes have made the product better, unlike our current predicament.

Some would say the fight for the last couple of Top 8 is good too. Big picture and all that.

Covid pushed the new changes back. So teams stalled their development. Rubbish NRL sides had their development stalled by Covid

ACTPanthers

Bench

I don’t have to ask. I can see them all posting in the game day threads, of games not involving their team, that they’re apparently not watching…

Nealo 12

Bench
I haven't watched any sport - NRL or otherwise. I've been happily out and about, working around the house, on my business, tinkering on my car, gone away on weekends, watching movies with the kids... or on my own if I'm free. All sorts of stuff.

I'd have made time to watch games in the past. Not now. Watching Rugby League this year has been the most frustrating viewing experience I can recall - and I'm a dragons fan with years of torture at the games or on my TV... Why watch something that just pisses me off. Got better ways to spend my time.

Good luck to fans of Penrith, the Storm etc... it shouldn't be a mark on how they are playing the game. But i've decided to take a break from it all.

Again - I don't mind the forums coz there's some good banter in here, I like reading the views of others, and there's other forums away from the NRL such as Off the ball, Other Sports etc I like mucking about in.
That’s what I’ve always done my whole life watching football as a sideline to my other interests like cars and bikes , don’t take all personally

Latest posts