What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quote of the Year!!

Old_Timer

Juniors
"I am not going to say that we have to make the eight" Attributed to one S Price on Fox NRL re expectations for 2013.

If ever we ever had any doubt, the above quote says it all!!

_Johnsy

Referee
He also said that we would have to improve from 2012, if we improved from 9th spot, we would make the 8.

hardbaby

Coach
Yeah I found that comment strange. I can understand not claiming you'll win the comp but surely you'll aim for the Top 8.

woodley_11

Juniors
He mentioned through out the article that coming 9th was below the standard that the club sets for itself. There is no doubting the Dragons goal for the season will be top 8 but he just wouldn't want to be putting any pressure on the team. Anyway, when put it in context, I believe he was talking about whether they would need to make the top eight in order for him to keep his job.

a guy in the afl called brett ratten pretty much guarranteed a top 4 finish and when carlton failed to make the 8 and mised the finals he was sacked so i think steve price is hedging his bets cos if he says finals are their aim and they miss like this year he's gone assuming he makes it that far!

possm

Coach
The Dragons are a proud club. The club spends millions of dollars each year on the NRL team and other things to do with the development of the game. I would think the Board of Management, Sponsors and fans would expect that the Dragons should be in the top 4; no matter how they went last year.

During the 2012 season I recall senior players being quite blasé after a loss and when being questioned about silly mistakes in a game. - kicking to ball out on the full twice in succession from the kick-off, failing to take a field goal when the score was even while in front of the posts and with a minute to go.

Prices's comments remind me of the same attitude. To me it seems as though there is an attitude that losing a game is not such a big deal.

Well let's make it clear. LOSING A GAME IS THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN IN A WEEK OF FOOTBALL.

I really would like Price to get some extra assistance for the players. They need someone to help them get phyched up for each game. The players need to get that 'play for each other' thing back and they need to be in tune with what each players role/job is on the field.

Last edited:

Fire

First Grade
Hurry, hurry, hurry!!!

the-gap-jpg.jpg

Prometheus

Juniors
"I am not going to say that we have to make the eight" Attributed to one S Price on Fox NRL re expectations for 2013.

Sounds like a segment of a wuote to me. Presented completely out of context.

Well let's make it clear. LOSING A GAME IS THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN IN A WEEK OF FOOTBALL.

No its not. It isn't even close.

Being found to have breached the salary cap and having all of your points stripped from you is worse than losing a game.

Having a bunch of your players accused of gang-rape on a team trip for an away match is worse than losing a game.

Your best player sustaining a season, career or even life ending injury is worse than losing a game.

A star walking out on your club to join Rugby Union is worse than losing a game.

Losing a major sponsor is worse than losing a game.

Your club announcing that Canterbury (CCC) will be designing their jerseys next season is worse than losing a game.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

If ever we ever had any doubt, the above quote says it all!!

If hes not going to say "that we have to make the eight" is it allright if we say it .....just so we have something to look forward to in season 2014

SaintArsenal

Juniors
Think he meant it more as far as his renewal was concerned. Even with his own contract you would rather hear stronger comments about not achieving top 8 being a failure etc etc. Actually, it is more about improving team performance,which he does touch upon, and then finals footy should follow.

Struggled to see a real plan in place this season so that will be something very much in the spotlight. Especially now that he has had a chance to shape the team a little more. I'm hoping he succeeds.

possm

Coach
Sounds like a segment of a wuote to me. Presented completely out of context.

No its not. It isn't even close.

Being found to have breached the salary cap and having all of your points stripped from you is worse than losing a game.
The Dragons are above that. They wouldn't do that.

Having a bunch of your players accused of gang-rape on a team trip for an away match is worse than losing a game.
Dragons Players don't do that and have not as far as I know.

Your best player sustaining a season, career or even life ending injury is worse than losing a game.
It's happened to all clubs and although it is taken very seriously, the game always goes on. The team plays the next week.

A star walking out on your club to join Rugby Union is worse than losing a game.
I don't think so. One player does not make a team. The team may perform even better because of it.

Losing a major sponsor is worse than losing a game.
The Dragons usually have a very good and professional relationship with their sponsors. I don't think we have any trouble in this area and if we did lose a sponsor, I believe another would be found in no time at all.

Your club announcing that Canterbury (CCC) will be designing their jerseys next season is worse than losing a game
CCC are a very professional company with a high standard of operation. I have had experience dealing with them in years gone by.
For me, I just hate it when the Dragons lose. Esspecially if the loss could have been avoided.

Last edited: