What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R. Packer

Inferno

Coach
If he appeals to the District Court he may get longer. I've seen that many times with certain Judges.

That's not possible in this instance the district court is bound by the jurisdictional maximums of the local court and he's already been given the maximum. Also if a judge is considering increasing a person's sentence they're required to warn them that may happen. Almost everyone takes the hint and withdraws their appeal.

webShark

Good to see the club are standing by him in these difficult times. As they say he has a family. Maybe he should have stayed in with them. I am beginning to question Bennett these days. Who would recruit someone who pisses his pants on TV? Could be a grub. Nah.

Quigs

Immortal
Sounds to me like he won't be having a drink for at least another two years either.

Southern Shark

Juniors
He will probably take action against the club. Only reason he became a one punch and one stomp coward was because of the supplements he was on that made him aggressive when mixed with alcohol. How many of these coward offenders are full of supplements, alcohol and tattoos. They all fit the same mould and it spells danger for the NRL. Many more Packers to come.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Mr Grogan accepted that the assault was not a king hit, but said alcohol-related violence was a serious concern for the community.
Mr Thangaraj asked Mr Grogan to reopen the sentence and said he had absolutely no idea that jail time was being considered.
Two Corrective Services officers led Packer, who seemed confused, out of the courtroom as his legal team scrambled to the court registry to lodge an appeal.

Looks like he is being made into Mr example. Seems a bit harsh 2 years but he did stomp on his head. (No mention of the circumstances or the other guys role)

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The head stomp was denied. Lets face it, if somebody packers size head stomps somebody unconscious on the ground, they dont wake up.

chewsta

First Grade
Yeah i vaguely remember reading that too Carch.
Seriously though, How hard is it for these morons to just behave themselves in public?
the bloke was in a position to set himself up comfortably for life and has now shit all over it. some fu¢kwits just arent wired up properly are they.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Never enough money....

But being someone who actually works in the public service in NZ... And deals with ex pat Australians on an almost daily basis...

I can tell you the notion of us paying to reimburse your sentences is laughable...

Australians have far, far more rights here than Kiwis do in Australia.

As it should be.