What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R10 | Knights 22-12 Tigers @ Hunter | Sunday 4.00pm

Round 10 result :: Knights vs Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So why not start House and Dave and then bring on Snowy and Korbin or Stockwell after 25 and have them play the rest of the game? You hold the middle for the first 20-25 and then the impact yards come. Also Snowy and Korbin have decent offloads in them so it serves two purposes once the ruck opens up and fatigue kicks in.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
So why not start House and Dave and then bring on Snowy and Korbin or Stockwell after 25 and have them play the rest of the game? You hold the middle for the first 20-25 and then the impact yards come. Also Snowy and Korbin have decent offloads in them so it serves two purposes once the ruck opens up and fatigue kicks in.
Snowden has to absorb the first 20 or we'll get destroyed. There's no way we could expect both Houston and Fa'alogo to lay the platform first up.

Snowden has to absorb the first 20 or we'll get destroyed. There's no way we could expect both Houston and Fa'alogo to lay the platform first up.

Yes but the point being we have been laying the platform but cannot score regardless. The hard work is done and then the impact lessens with Houston and Dave. We are losing games in part on the fact we give a breather to the opposition when Snowden and Korbin could come on and really up the ante instead. I just think it is worth a try. It is a result of having no reserve impact forwards.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
Yes but the point being we have been laying the platform but cannot score regardless. The hard work is done and then the impact lessens with Houston and Dave. We are losing games in part on the fact we give a breather to the opposition when Snowden and Korbin could come on and really up the ante instead. I just think it is worth a try. It is a result of having no reserve impact forwards.

Having Korbin and Stockwell on the bench this week will hopefully do the trick. I've been really impressed with Stockwell off the bench this year and we definitely missed him against Manly.

knightsarmy

Juniors
I would have tyrone and carlos playing , Kids doesn't really have a great kicking game the other two might feed off each other more

harrywilliams

Juniors
I strongly disagree. Obviously 3rd choice but he's been one of our best in NSW Cup consistently for years now. He finally gets his shot to step up.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Yeah I rate Redman. Can play 80 minutes and has improved rapidly over the years as a dummy half (was average at first). He has been unlucky to not get a debut in firsts for a while tbh.

At the same time I'd love to see Levi, but I doubt Redman will let us down.

macavity

Referee
I strongly disagree. Obviously 3rd choice but he's been one of our best in NSW Cup consistently for years now. He finally gets his shot to step up.

He is yet another of our honest, full of effort juniors that should have come good and should be starting in firsts by now, but just isn't big enough, quick enough or skilful enough. There are a million of them. We are Plodcastle.

Obviously hoping he proves me wrong, by all accounts he is a good young bloke.

I don't rate the two hookers in front of him either though. More plod.

Either Levi is playing injured or they don't want to rush him and ruin him. The only hooker in our system who isn't full of plod.

harrywilliams

Juniors
Fair enough I was only replying to the comment that he's terrible when he's actually quite good. At NSW Cup level anyway, who knows how he's going to step up. He's as tough as nails, high work rate, he's quick out of dummy half. He'll be okay.

harrywilliams

Juniors
Clydsdale has gone away from almost everything that made him a good prospect. I haven't seen him kick once in first grade or really run it as much. He still works as hard and is a good defender for a smaller guy. Levi has easily overtaken him as the much better prospect though.

mozza91

Coach
Everyone is going to be be mighty disappointed with Levi by the time he makes First Grade. He's actually below the standard that Clydesdale was at the same stage of his career. Levi has a dangerous running game but the the transition to First Grade will prove as difficult if not more difficult than Clydesdale. Give both of them more time and they could prove to be an extremely dangerous combination.

Noname36

First Grade
I don't think a lot of people realise that hooker is the most difficult position to adapt to in the NRL. It takes a lot of kids years just to adapt to the work rate and physicality needed in the position before they can really start to show a lot of their skills. This is really only Clydesdale's second year in first grade and he wasn't playing many minutes last year. It's also his first year starting and adapting to the physicality of the opening minutes. He's not setting the world on fire but he's not going terribly either IMO.

Burns

First Grade
NSW Cup lost after an early 10-0 lead, 20-18.
Under 20's currently getting flogged 46-12 after 55 minutes.

I would argue fullback is No Name but I agree that dummy half is light years more difficult when you are playing world class defences who shut down your options mostly through giving you far less time to think.