What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R11 | Knights 18-31 Broncos @ Hunter | Monday 7.00pm

Round 11 result :: Knights vs Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
2015new-main.jpg

1. Dane Gagai
2. James McManus 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Akuila Uate
6. Kurt Gidley 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden 9. Tyler Randell 10. David Fa'alogo
11. Joseph Tapine 12. Tariq Sims
13. Jeremy Smith

Interchange: 14. Chad Redman 15. Chris Houston 16. Korbin Sims 17. Jack Stockwell

2015bri-second.jpg

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Daniel Vidot 3. Jack Reed 4. Dale Copley 5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Anthony Milford 7. Ben Hunt
8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn 12. David Stagg
13. Jo Ofanhengaue

Interchange: 14. Joe Boyce 15. Francis Molo 16. Corey Oates 17. Kodi Nikorima

2015ref-lime.png

Referees: Gavin Badger, David Munro
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall, David Ryan
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Steve Folkes

Holden Cup Under 20's R11
MON 4:45PM | Knights v Broncos @ Hunter Stadium

VB NSW Cup R11
BYE | Newcastle (NEW)​

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Houston only got 25 or so minutes last match and now Tapine is in the run on side in front of him. Maybe Stone is running out of patience with him.

Clydesdale ought the be very concerned about the two dummy halves who have leapfrogged him regardless of injury or not. I really like that side. The kids are proving they are willing to bleed for this jumper.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Yeah, I really liked what I saw with Redman and Randell and glad to see that combination continue...

I'm tipping a win because if we can't do this at home with our squad (even minus Beau and Mullen) against the Bronco's we might as well turn the lights off and put some stock on Hunter stadium - it will probably provide more entertainment and a better return for the club.

Our biggest challenge will be consistency in having the same desperation we played with last week and that is largely on Stone...with a largely unchanged side he needs to make sure the players are still hungry to keep their spots and put in for each other

Redman and Randell have been given their shot and taken it like a kid who dreams of playing first grade should. If Stone can't see they want this badly then we are gone for the season. The passion this young mob show is worth watching win, lose or draw. Tapine, Redman, Randell and Sione are our future and are more than ready for it. No coincidences both Chad and Tyler have shown the desperation to pick up tries from dummy half and if I am not too wide of the mark , both sealed the game. It really will piss me off if Stone doesn't see that the Houstons and Fa'alagos are filler now.

Last edited:
The Broncos wont be easy beats. They have a very strong spine and forward pack. On paper their side is still better than ours. We will do well to get within 12 points of them.

mozza91

Coach
The Broncos wont be easy beats. They have a very strong spine and forward pack. On paper their side is still better than ours. We will do well to get within 12 points of them.

No way that their side is better than ours. Better spine yes but our pack and bench are stronger and our outside backs shit all over theirs.

K-Man

Bench
No way that their side is better than ours. Better spine yes but our pack and bench are stronger and our outside backs shit all over theirs.

The problem is that their "better" spine is WAY better.

Forwards win matches if they dominate the other pack, but if it's anywhere near marginal then your spine is basically what decides the game. I don't have much faith in our forward pack dominating anyone - holding their own maybe, but not dominating.

Hunt and Milford could tear us apart if they get 50-50 possession and field position.

macavity

Referee
Can't believe anyone thinks we "should" win this. Half of the Brisbane reserves would make our 17. How many of ours make their side

Swarzey

Bench
Gagai possibly out, into the QLD camp but should be released on Sunday at the latest if Slater is fit to play.

Assume Mamo would come in.

perverse

Referee
Yeah, I can't believe we're actually favourites. Their team is better than ours, even with the Origin omissions. Their spine is unaffected given that Boyd has barely played, so I don't see why anyone thinks we're good for this one.

I am not so sure on Gags going into origin at left centre though. He is a right centre. You would assume GI to fullback if Slater unfit. If GI goes to fullback NSW are f###ed if they aren't already.

Noname36

First Grade
As much as we need Gags I don't think we're going to win anyway and I'd like to see Mamo get a shot at fullback just to see where he is for next year.

Big Pete

Referee
Sup Knights fans?

I see what you guys are trying to do. Sitting around, negging your own team all in the desperate bid to claim underdog status. Well it isn't happening! You guys have a fair team and they'll take a lot of confidence out of last weeks win. I'm sure all of them marked this match on their calender before the season started and they'll be keen to teach Wayne a lesson.

It's definitely going to be close but the only way I can see the Broncos winning is if they pull another bunny out of the hat late in the contest. You guys should go in confident and as long as the Knights stick to their guns they should have too much fire-power across the park.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
Get outta here with your logic. We're the worst team in the history of Rugby League and won't get within 40 of your star studded forward pack.