What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R11 Sun - Panthers v Tigers *SPOILERS*

pantherz9103

First Grade
mxlegend99 said:
We lost by 1 point with Gordon being injured, Wesser holding an injury, and quiet a few young guys playing.

Flash - one of the few players I'm happy with the way he was going :(

Yeah Tigers are playing well and are hard to contain with their free flowing style but we dominated them for half an hour and couldn't put enough points on the board. Its tough seeing all these losses knowing the top 8 is unlikely even at this stage. I don't want another spoon and that's still very much a possibility :x

pantherz9103

First Grade
mxlegend99 said:
Actually, Penrith just aren't active in the player market.

We don't even try keeping our own. How are we going to sign players from other clubs when for the past 3 years we have let go so many quality players.

We have no plan, we have no player retention policy. Its just stop, wait, watch and look around while the other clubs devour the pieces of the player market pie :oops:

wittyfan

Referee
The fact that Nick Youngquest got a run today speaks volumes about Penrith's lack of depth.

mxlegend99

Referee
Did you see his game? He was bloody awesome.

And lack of depth? We had Luke Lewis and Luke Rooney injured, we lost Gordon during the game, and our 2 backs which were called up on today, scored tries. Wesser was also struggling with injury.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Its not so much that the effort wasn't there its that again penalties and errors let us down and we really need to start winning but I don't think this team has much idea how to win. We only win when the opposition plays poorly.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Caged Panther said:
once again you show what a true supporter you are :roll:

Just because I don't enjoy mediocrity :sarcasm:

Once again penrith lose a home game

Once again penrith lose a game in the day

Once again Gower goes missing when needed most

Once again the ball control lets us down

mxlegend99

Referee
You should really change your name. You're a very bad supporter. It's not like we got flogged. Which given the injuries, wouldn't have been un expected.

Tigers are in excellent form. Panthers lost Lewis before the game, Wesser and Gordon during the game. We did very well to only lose by a field goal.

Bob

Juniors
pantherz9103 said:
Yeah that's the mentality out Penrith way. We 'only' lost by 1 point. A loss is a loss.
Put your Storm avtar back on you farkwit. Op's sorry they lost to. Maybe you should try supporting Manly they won this weekend or maybe Brisbane they had a BIG win over the Knights.

pantherz9103

First Grade
mxlegend99 said:
You should really change your name. You're a very bad supporter. It's not like we got flogged. Which given the injuries, wouldn't have been un expected.

Tigers are in excellent form. Panthers lost Lewis before the game, Wesser and Gordon during the game. We did very well to only lose by a field goal.

Its not today's effort I'm disappointed with its where we are on the table and where we were on the table in 2005 and 2006 compared to where we were on the table in 2003 and 2004. Today's game wasn't a shocker but still another loss and the top 8 hopes slip away a little bit further.

Fair enough I'm a bad supporter. But one can only take so much disappointment ;-)

pantherz9103

First Grade
Bob said:
Put your Storm avtar back on you farkwit. Op's sorry they lost to. Maybe you should try supporting Manly they won this weekend or maybe Brisbane they had a BIG win over the Knights.

Who the f**k are you? I don't recall being introduced to you or asking you for your opinion on me as a fan.

mxlegend99

Referee
pantherz9103 said:
Its not today's effort I'm disappointed with its where we are on the table and where we were on the table in 2005 and 2006 compared to where we were on the table in 2003 and 2004. Today's game wasn't a shocker but still another loss and the top 8 hopes slip away a little bit further.
I know it's hard to take. I can understand being dissapointed after losses to Raiders and Dragons. But todays effort, while we lost, we played very well and showed a lot of promise with guys like Moors, Daniella, Jennings who are all very young and in their first year, having awesome games.

pantherz9103 said:
Fair enough I'm a bad supporter. But one can only take so much disappointment ;-)
I know how it feels. But you support a team through thick and thin. The good times will come again. Looking at all our young stars, it's looking very good for us in the future. Our younger guys will get better with experience. We still have Rooney, Waterhouse, Lewis and Rodney to come back yet.

My biggest fear is Wesser and Gordon not being healthy next week. Manly will be a hard task for any team, letalone us with those guys out.

pantherz9103

First Grade
t-ba said:
Support Manly

Seaglez72737678879607 has a good ring to it.

Never :cool:

I enjoy supporting Penrith, I'm a masochist and I've got a bit of P.O.M. in my family so that explains why I'm also a whinger :(

Munky

Coach
Wesser being injured could be a god send. Like Gower he has been pedestrian all year.

If he is out next week I hope Sammut gets the call, may aswell experiment since we are pretty much gone for the year.

If Gordon is injured call up Matty Forwood.

Also Smith should never play centre again it was like watching Danny Galea all over again. Gets a perfect ball on the chest and juggles it.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Mate it's not that your dissapointed in our performances that gets to me it's your attitude within that dissapointment. You never offer any constructive criticisim of our performance you simply sit here and say oh panthers suxs I'm going to where my storm avatar for a week blah, blah, blah.

pantherz9103

First Grade
mxlegend99 said:
I know how it feels. But you support a team through thick and thin. The good times will come again. Looking at all our young stars, it's looking very good for us in the future. Our younger guys will get better with experience. We still have Rooney, Waterhouse, Lewis and Rodney to come back yet.

Yeah I'm sorry I always react this way after a loss :( Its unfair on the way the youngsters played I just get so frustrated I'm going to cop another bagging tomorrow especially from a mate whose a big Tigers fan and since I've known him we've always beaten them.

Dave Q

Coach
On paper, the tigers were always destined to win, but over the week, I was thinking that the Panthers could dig deep and somehow roll them.

And they very almost did but mistakes, at inopportune times, sealed their fate.

So its a bit of en empty feeling for me and for their fans and supporters.

But IMO the Tigers failed to get going at full strecth, as sheens said afterwards, they wont get too much out of the match apart form the points. So IMO a degree of credit is due to the no-frills Panthers for containing the white-hot Tigers.

Bad luck Panthers, it would have been a noble win.

Latest posts