What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R11 Sun - Panthers v Tigers *SPOILERS*

pantherz9103

First Grade
Caged Panther said:
Mate it's not that your dissapointed in our performances that gets to me it's your attitude within that dissapointment. You never offer any constructive criticisim of our performance you simply sit here and say oh panthers suxs I'm going to where my storm avatar for a week blah, blah, blah.

I assure you I never really mean I'm going to change teams that's just heat of the moment stuff. Ok how about this ....

Big T and the Tank need to learn to stop pushing an offload when there is no support nearby. Also we give too many penalties away for holding down and also when a second man comes in. They should curb that over enthusiasm.

Jennings needs to learn to react to someone stepping back on the inside of him. Collis loved playing him out there today.

On the POSITIVE side, yes I am aware of that word - Gordon did well today again and Youngquest actually impressed me for once.

DeeGan

Bench
Signs of 2005 are there ... a better start to the season there.

BEWARE the Wests Tigers.

Maybe Tim Sheens will be able to win a birth as a NSW Origin coach next season ;-)

mxlegend99

Referee
pantherz9103 said:
On the POSITIVE side, yes I am aware of that word - Gordon did well today again and Youngquest actually impressed me for once.
That's much better. More positives:

Junior Moors is looking a lot more dangerous and comfortable in first grade. Excellent effort with him making 19 tackles, an offload, and 60 metres of 7 runs. He is definitely showing signs of becoming our next Frank Pritchard.

Geoff Daniella... some nice ball handling skills to pick up a poor pass and get a try in his NRL debut. Made 2 tackle breaks and gained 69 metres, with 7 tackles. Not a bad effort from a young rookie.

Nick Youngquest. I'm not a fan of his at all, but wow did he keep a spot in first grade with that performance, and Rooney, Lewis, Gordon and Wesser all not being fit. 13 runs for 225 metres, with 2 linebreaks, 2 tacklebreaks and a try... could have put a lot of pressure on our boys to get their jerseys back when fit.

Best of all. Frank Puletua. He got his first try in a long while. This is bigger news then Panthers winning. I heard the announcers say it was 2001 that he scored his last try.

Some very promising signs, but it's dissapointing that the same things are killing us. Poor completion rates. We got so close to relieve pressure with a silly mistake a few times. But we did improve our completion rate, and i believe 6 penalties is our lowest penalty count all season. Only 1 penalty against us in the second half i think.

Bench
Full credit to Penrith for hanging in there,could have easily chucked it in at 25-12.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Frustrating game. Tigers should have really piled on the points once we hit the 13 point lead, but as always, we let the other team back in the contest. They will need to improve greatly for next week.

But the 2 points are always welcome.

Kilkenny

Coach
A couple of real big calls went against the Panthers and they were crucial to the outcome.

Maybe it is just me and obviously I totally one eyed and biased but seriously the match officials today come up with some calls which decided the outcome of this match.

The decision to rule a forward pass immediately prior to Youngquest streaking away was dubious. I was directly in line and the ball went backwards from the hand and should have been ruled play on. On the set of six immediately thereafter the Tigers scored a soft try on the last tackle.

choc_soldier

Coach
Disappointed, but happy with the effort. Basic mistakes are still killing us though - cut them down, and we might start becoming a danger.

smeghead

Bench
The Panthers forward pass call was evened up by the Collis try being called back when he ruled John Morris played at the ball while attempting a tackle.

The reff did not lose the game for the panthers. Their own poor handling and even poorer half back cost them a game they should have won over a luke warm tigers outfit.

Oh and smart move by Wallace dropping his shoulder to knock the reff over. Idiot. Should go for a couple as should Pritchard maybe for a week from the high shot on Fitzhenry

super_coach

First Grade
With the player they have penrith could easy put on a big winning streak. Being a tigers man a win in the land of the ug boot is very rare,the tigers didnt play well in patches,but the panthers look like a team thats going to create problems as the season roles on

brooksy19

Bench
Yeah, I felt Collis's no try was the wrong call, Johnny didn't even look like playing at the football.

innsaneink

Referee
Adding comments have been disabled for this video.

Probably a wise move by the acct holder.

Funniest thing Ive seen at a footy game out there today....

Also the girls up on the end of the eastern stand with the drummers....was expecting em to get it off every time I glanced up, wasnt sure if i was at a strip show or the footy.

Queer folk out penriff way. :lol:

mattyg

Bench
innsaneink said:
Probably a wise move by the acct holder.

Funniest thing Ive seen at a footy game out there today....

Also the girls up on the end of the eastern stand with the drummers....was expecting em to get it off every time I glanced up, wasnt sure if i was at a strip show or the footy.

Queer folk out penriff way. :lol:

:lol: i know half them cheerleaders personally.

the entertainment there is pretty shocking tbh, the only part i liked was during half time the girls dancing near the tunnel where i was sitting. i hate the announcer and the music/drums constantly going, not really adding anything to the atmosphere.