What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R12 | Warriors 24-20 Knights @ Mt Smart | Sunday 2.00pm

Round 12 result :: Warriors vs Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
So that held up try came back to bite us. I don't want to blame that but it would've helped if that was a no try. Can't get too excited over the close ending though. Warriors were nearly as crap as us. Lots of unforced errors which gave us plenty of opportunities and let us off the hook in defence.

we out gained them by 300 odd metres, and it wasn't the backs doing all the work as usual

scott, korbin, tariq, stockwell all cracked 100 metres

Fair enough, perhaps it was the illusion of us always coming out of our 10 and the Warriors only ever coming out from their 30-40m mark.

If I had to look at that objectively:

Our forwards looked good. Good metres from the Sims brothers and I thought Stockwell ran the ball well and strong. Fa'alogo wasn't too bad either. I couldn't really see Tapine and Motaora but we didn't lose it in the forwards.

We had the worst long kicking game I've ever seen in an NRL match. If we had Mullen in the team to give us some better field position, maybe we would have won today.

Cyldesdale is terribly slow. He doesn't really offer enough from such a vital position on the pitch.

We are the worst team in taking advantage after making a break. We saw the Warriors score a good try after they made a break, Johnson grubbers in behind and JWright try. We make a break and drop the ball, throw it sideways, get tackled on 6th...

How good is Gagai? Thank god we kept him on.

I'm just watching the Mannering interview and lots of our guys are smiling in the background and Korbin Sims being a joker in the background. Is that how you want your players to be like after a loss, our 230948th in as many... I remember seeing Des Hasler kicking down a door after a loss. I think there's something definitely wrong with the culture at the club.

I actually thought Clydesdale had his best game for us, didn't see his delivery as slow at all today. I would still have Randell above him tho.

Nuffy

Bench
Saw the score, no great surprise, only positive is that they didn't put 50 on us.

Still another loss irrespective of how it's dressed up.

Alex28

Coach
We lost by 4 and had a terrible try decision made against us. They put in until the end - was a much better effort than the last few weeks...

Zoidberg

First Grade
If we had everyone fit
1. Gags
2. Aku
3. Sione
4. Gids
5. McManus
6. Mullo
7. Tui
8. Snowy
9. Randell
10. Stock well
11. Scott
12. T Sims
13. Smith

14. Clydesdale
15. K Sims
16. Rochow
17. ?

Nuffy

Bench
We lost by 4 and had a terrible try decision made against us. They put in until the end - was a much better effort than the last few weeks...

Great, a valiant defeat, what about last week at home in front of 12k paying home fans, why not produce it at home.............

I am sure that Stone will praise the effort and be proud of the boys for overcoming "adversity".

Who cares, we've lost 7 from 8.

Actually not trying to argue with you, but it's a measure of how poor we are that we cling to close defeats as progress.

Last edited:
If we had everyone fit
1. Gags
2. Aku
3. Sione
4. Gids
5. McManus
6. Mullo
7. Tui
8. Snowy
9. Randell
10. Stock well
11. Scott
12. T Sims
13. Smith

14. Clydesdale
15. K Sims
16. Rochow
17. ?

Yep, agree with gids to centre for bj. Would be crazy to move gags. Problem with gags though, will he concede more trys than he sets up?

Swarzey

Bench
He looked better than he has previously but the missed tackle on Kata was horrendous.

Not the first bloke to make a miss like that, won't be the last. There was someone on the inside who didn't even make an effort.

Can't think of anything else he did wrong today.

Zoidberg

First Grade
He is bad every week lately. All he seems to do good is go for a few one out runs, yes they can be very damaging runs but he makes so many mistakes and poor defensive reads I'd rather be without him.

If Rob is fit put him up front. I really think the Rochow factor has been underplayed. He was in great form prior to the injury.

Last edited:

Latest posts