What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R15 vs Sydney Roosters

Funny you mention that. Fox Sports stats includes that.

Line Engagements

Api 80
Kenny 8

People are just calling it how it is
Different game plan this year (might be driven by personnel I know) but we are seeing wider passes from DH to allow players to be brought back underneath to tire the defence. People on here are screaming for an evolution of the attack, and there is it; we don’t need some Hail Mary left field selection to do it.

We all know Kenny isn’t Api but he does add somethings that Api didn’t; much better defender, much better engine. If he can engage the markers a few times a game then that will help unlock the attack meaningfully.

Iamback

Coach
Different game plan this year (might be driven by personnel I know) but we are seeing wider passes from DH to allow players to be brought back underneath to tire the defence. People on here are screaming for an evolution of the attack, and there is it; we don’t need some Hail Mary left field selection to do it.

We all know Kenny isn’t Api but he does add somethings that Api didn’t; much better defender, much better engine. If he can engage the markers a few times a game then that will help unlock the attack meaningfully.

We have done that for a season or 2. Billy Slater knew exactly what was coming due to how predictable Penrith are and as a result the halves for NSW.

I think we looked way better on the weekend. A few offloads. A few eyes up tries

Kenny seems to make passing errors under fatigue. So not sure we have got the combo right yet

Kilkenny

Coach
Having watched the JWH - Leota incident closely on replay IMO he knew exactly what he was doing and there was intent. You could see it in his eyes. The MRC have failed yet again, particularly so given he is a serial offender. I wonder what the result may have been if the incident involved say Jack Hetherington. (Not that Jack has had a problem for a while probably not plating enough minutes to get in trouble). I really think there was intent there and suggestions it was just ‘bumpers up’ as Trent Robinson suggested was BS.

I thought the Trent Robinson post game press conference was interesting. For the second time this season not a word about the opposition, us, no grace in defeat. No recognition of how well we may have played as a reason for his sides loss. He’s become a very salty character.

age.s

First Grade
Not sure I agree with this. Api is a great defender and Kenny's engine isn't all that great either (although being played as a middle isn't helping). I do think he's improving though and has scope to do so further.

That said, Kenny has one enormous advantage over Api in that he's much much cheaper and is currently playing for the Penrith Panthers.

Having watched the JWH - Leota incident closely on replay IMO he knew exactly what he was doing and there was intent. You could see it in his eyes. The MRC have failed yet again, particularly so given he is a serial offender. I wonder what the result may have been if the incident involved say Jack Hetherington. (Not that Jack has had a problem for a while probably not plating enough minutes to get in trouble). I really think there was intent there and suggestions it was just ‘bumpers up’ as Trent Robinson suggested was BS.

I thought the Trent Robinson post game press conference was interesting. For the second time this season not a word about the opposition, us, no grace in defeat. No recognition of how well we may have played as a reason for his sides loss. He’s become a very salty character.
Yep, very juvenile.

Kilkenny

Coach
Not sure I agree with this. Api is a great defender and Kenny's engine isn't all that great either (although being played as a middle isn't helping). I do think he's improving though and has scope to do so further.

That said, Kenny has one enormous advantage over Api in that he's much much cheaper and is currently playing for the Penrith Panthers.
I think Mitch Kenny has a great motor, it is his single best attribute.

Whatever anyone thinks about his lack of running game, distribution, he is capable of going for the full 80 at the same level in the 1st minute to the last minute.

He deserves a lot more respect from the fans than he gets.

He is the go to whipping boy in our current line up and I’m not sure it is deserving.

Ive read suggestions on here listing half a dozen or more options on who we should be looking at replacing Mitch Kenny with and other than the high money options say Robson from the Cowboys none of the suggestions are better than Mitch.

Iamback

Coach
I think Mitch Kenny has a great motor, it is his single best attribute.

Whatever anyone thinks about his lack of running game, distribution, he is capable of going for the full 80 at the same level in the 1st minute to the last minute.

He deserves a lot more respect from the fans than he gets.

He is the go to whipping boy in our current line up and I’m not sure it is deserving.

Ive read suggestions on here listing half a dozen or more options on who we should be looking at replacing Mitch Kenny with and other than the high money options say Robson from the Cowboys none of the suggestions are better than Mitch.

Numbers seem to match up with the eye test.

Billy Walters is the only regular hooker that Kenny beats in most categories

Even Phoenix Crossland who is new to hooker and 3rd choice at Newcastle has a better tackle %.

Kilkenny

Coach
Numbers seem to match up with the eye test.

Billy Walters is the only regular hooker that Kenny beats in most categories

Even Phoenix Crossland who is new to hooker and 3rd choice at Newcastle has a better tackle %.
You see what you want to see.

I see a guy who I think is doing a pretty decent job in a side currently coming first.

Don't need your go to stats.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
When Yeo was pulled up for double movement.

What did it look like on TV? Live at the ground there was barely a hand on him and it was all momentum

If he gets up and plays it. He would of got pinged for that. That was a case to play it in full speed
Double movement no question.

Iamback

Coach
You see what you want to see.

I see a guy who I think is doing a pretty decent job in a side currently coming first.

Don't need your go to stats.

Nope I watch a game. Have an opinion

Re-watch the game, look at stats to see if my eyes were playing tricks

As for coming 1st that is correct but on the back of very elite defence and not always smooth attack

The Realist

Juniors
Well done on another win. We are shit. A clean out is needed.
Souffs, Storm and maybe Broncos are your biggest threats.

Please beat Souffs. I couldn't put up with the media wankfest over Fatrell and their number one fan. The publicity whore airmiles pm.

Yeah, if the Panthers don't win it this year I'd be okay with it so long as it isn't Souffs who win. They have become my most disliked team.