What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R16 | Knights 46-16 Titans @ Hunter | Sun 2.00pm

Round 16 result :: Knights vs Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Misanthrope

Staff member
Burwood said:
Have we dished up shit the last few weeks? Against the Warriors fair enough, but have been building towards today's performance for a few weeks now.

The Souths game was admirable, but the Storm game was one we could have and should have won. It was a painful example of our lack of a killer instinct.

That Dragons game was f**king abysmal.

Noname36 said:
We've shown in recent weeks that we can maintain intensity and stay with sides when it's a close game.

What? No, we haven't. We dropped a lead against Melbourne and never looked like troubling them as the game wore on. We dropped the lead against Souths (and never looked like reclaiming it) and were embarrassingly bad against the Dragons.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
To be honest I think we should have won the games against the sharks, dragons and storm, among other. Those 6 point would put us in 4th place. We're actually going okay.

Rod

Bench
If we had managed to hold on against the Storm we would all have been raving about what a gutsy win it was and how we'd turned a corner. We would have beaten any other team in the comp that day bar Souths. We made something like 2 errors and conceded 2-3 penalties all game and the only reason we didn't win was because the Storm were equally clinical.

The fact that people still complain after a 46-16 win in the soaking wet never ceases to amaze.

Noname36

First Grade
What? No, we haven't. We dropped a lead against Melbourne and never looked like troubling them as the game wore on. We dropped the lead against Souths (and never looked like reclaiming it) and were embarrassingly bad against the Dragons.

I think you're confusing intensity with execution.

chinorocks

Juniors
Great performance save the last 10 minutes where we clocked off a bit and they come up with a couple of big hits and soft trys.

Next 2 games sandwiching the bye are gigantic. We are 8th and we play the team in 7th and the team in 9th both away from home. Win both and we will be well entrenched in the 8 with a reasonable shot at top 4 thanks to our excellent f/a. Lose both and we'll be dogfighting for 8th with about 6 other teams come round 25 and 26.

Swarzey

Bench
We're in an excellent position. 71 points in 8th with the potential to overtake the Dogs next week and keep the Panthers away in three weeks time with a bye in between. Gidley still needs to come back and you have to wonder where does he play when you have Roberts who today was excellent and Gower on the bench who really doesn't deserve to play reserve grade.

After today, minus some particular players, I'm very excited for the next few weeks. Hopefully we can get the win next week, rest up, beat Panthers and come back to Newcastle ready to face Easts.

voltron

Juniors
really stoked for McManus
have loved that guy since the beginning, with his awesome safe as houses defense
a bit disappointed that we didnt even try to give him the record

i was listening on the radio and all i heard was, "kicking to the right"
i was screaming, saying, give him a chance to beat that record!
but four tries, and top try scorer for the year
pretty awesome effort by the man

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just finished watching and happy with the performance, apart from the last 10.

I guess even though we are still not playing our best for the full 80 mins, we are working towards it. Hopefully we can get ther by the finals.

Would've loved to see Jimmy break our record, and thought he was a shoe in after his 1st 3. I get that we were trying to stick to the game plan of completing our sets and getting in a good kick in the 2nd half, but when we did get into attacking position we lost our heads a bit.

Bring on the doggies.

ljackson83

Juniors
Hi all..... Two things I took from our big win yesterday

1) Our great defence inparticular Scott and Smith ( Our bash brothers)

2) How direct our forwards played with Danny at Hooker

Nuffy

Bench
Great game, just shows what they can do when they are on.

I thought defence won it and the Tits were bashed into submission.

Idris getting injured was a bonus but you can only play whats in front of you and the team took full advantage of his absence.

I thought Snowden was enormous again yesterday and Mullen's kicking game was perfect for 65 mins, he lost the plot in the last 15-20 mins.

Smith and Scott together have made a difference to the starch in defence and Rockow seems to be getting better.

Bedsy was good for a first up run and seemed to have a smile on his face when he got totally smashed in the second half. Gower adds something from the bench.

I am worried about the Gagai / Uate combination, they just aren't clicking for some reason, we need to get them back on track.

Also I'm not sure House and Nev are in our top 17, Bennett seems to see something.

All in all, enjoyable game , very relaxing because at 36 Nil you knew they couldn't lose, the weather wasn't too bad, great parking because of the crowd and plenty of food that was easy to get and the kids availed themselves of all of it.