What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R16 | Knights 46-16 Titans @ Hunter | Sun 2.00pm

Round 16 result :: Knights vs Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Misanthrope

Staff member
Frustrating that we've clocked off ten minutes early. 36-0 in the first half and 10-10 in the second. Titans were always going to improve, but we really shouldn't have leaked points so softly. That cross-field kick from Mullen was stupid and he tried it twice!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Disgusting 2nd half

Agreed. I predicted we'd fall off in the second half and the Titans would improve, but we effectively lost it 16-10. Not what we should have done at all. Those stupid cross-field kicks from Mullen were never on and were some kind of pat on the back for Aku.

Swarzey

Bench
I can excuse our second half, mostly the last 20. We dropped off but our defence was still quality and it was just some lazy moments. I do agree that Costigan and House are cancer.

Looking forward to next week.

RHCP

Bench
Titans finally got some possession. We were still slamming them in defence on the kick chase.

Last try was balls though.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I will say that aside from the two brutally soft late tries, our forwards still looked f**king monstrous to the death. People were still getting slammed and planted late in the piece.

otori

Juniors
Good to see Costigan cares enough to let in a final try by being lazy. Disappointing end to the match. We should've gone on with it.

Yosh

Coach
I'm gonna put it out there. Houston is worse than Costigan. Costigan has some punishing defense at least... House should never play first grade again.

K-Man

Bench
Very disappointing second half when you'd think a team on a long losing streak would be desperate to really drive it home for a big amazing win that gets everyone talking.

I just don't understand why you would allow yourself to get complacent when you have a history of clocking off and losing second halves. We could have buried them by 60.

Unfortunately the blame falls on the halves, who ridiculously got bored of the winning game plan and ignored the left side for 20 minutes. McManus deserved better for mine - he does so much hard work and he's not flashy or a headline seeker, I'd have loved to see him break some records but we didn't even give him a chance.

Weird attacking kicks when through the hands was working a treat.

I know we won and it was a superb first half, but I thought this might be the game where we put all our fade-outs behind us and be ruthless til the 80th minute. Wasn't to be.

Costigan can not possibly be there next round.

We have the dogs and they will be a lot harder to beat then they were when we gave them a touch up

RHCP

Bench
Apart from the Mead try it was simply a case of the Titans hanging onto the ball for once. Gordon try was an absolute freak effort. We were still defending very strongly.

I love it when Scott/Smith make a tackle together. They always dominate them.

Swarzey

Bench
Costigan and House to be dropped for Sims and Cuthbo.

Our pack was incredibly brutal. Driving them back in most sets. A good recover session tomorrow and a good week of training, they'll be fit and ready to match up against the Dogs pack who have been impressive in recent weeks.

Noname36

First Grade
Lol we won by 30 and the wrist slitters are still out in force. That was our first win in over a month and we're back in the top 8. Be f**king relieved for a minute. I know I am.

The last try was disappointing but it came directly off f**k ups from Houston and Costigan and we all know they're shit.

1qaz

Juniors
Finally for the first time this season we got to see this year's Knights team play with a hooker.
How crap was the Storm last night without Smith?
What a difference Danny made today.

Latest posts