What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R17 FNF - Broncos v Titans *SPOILERS*

gcbronco

Juniors
TITAN1 said:
So it was karma on wednesday night for hodges,he was his usual cocky,$hitstirring self and lost :lol:

Yeah it was karma showing concern for a Titans player down injured early in the first half, what a bitch of thing to do :roll:

On another note I hope Prince is fine, I certainly don't wish an injury upon an opposing player.

Coaster

Bench
salivor said:
But that's right blame big brother, we've had all Queensland to ourselves that's why tonight you faced a Broncos side containing the likes of Inglis, Slater, Falau, Cronk and Smith. Oh that's right, nearly every other team in the comp has their eye on Queensland talent.

I didnt know they come from the Gold Coast.

Why the fu*ck are you bringing up players that have nothing to do with the Titans??

Funny enough, while spewing out your verbal diahorea you did mention other teams taking GC talent also, yep your right, but at least now they get a choice.

Guys like Marshall, Tim Smith, Tonga, ect can choose
Give us 5 years and lets see how many players are in the SOO sides, your time is over

salivor

First Grade
curious said:
I didnt know they come from the Gold Coast.

Why the fu*ck are you bringing up players that have nothing to do with the Titans??

Funny enough, while spewing out your verbal diahorea you did mention other teams taking GC talent also, yep your right, but at least now they get a choice.

Guys like Marshall, Tim Smith, Tonga, ect can choose
Give us 5 years and lets see how many players are in the SOO sides, your time is over

I'm taking away the question mark, it's now a statement, you're not very bright.

I mentioned those players to show that even when Brisbane were the only team in the whole of South East Queensland other teams such as the Roosters, Storm etc have managed to grab some of the best talent in the region. The point I was making that flew over your head was that if you think that we or other clubs will "no longer pillage talent from your town" then you're as naive as you are stupid i.e. extremely.

Big Pete

Referee
Geez some of you guys is precious.

Where did Salivor ever say Karma? Prince ran his mouth and his team lost, that's how I read it.

Great game of footy though! Got to love this rivalry. :D

I can't stop grinning. :)

Eelectrica

Referee
Got home from the game not too long ago. I saw Prince go off, but didn't know how serious it was. Sounds like terrible news for both him and the Titans.

Surprised people (Even if it's just Bennett) are making something of Dave Taylor saluting whilst scoring. It's a tight game, time running out and he's scoring a try to level the game. Of course he's going to show emotion.

McCrud

Juniors
What a thrilling finish to a wonderful game.

It's good to see the 48,000 or so fans being treated to such an exciting encounter. Neither team deserved to lose that match, everybody put on a damn good show.

There's no doubt that the Broncos v Titans 'derby' now exceeds the popularity of all other rivalries in the competition - so congrats to both tribes of fans who have made both matches such well-supported affairs!

Let's hope Scott Prince's injury is not as bad as being reported - the Titans deserve to nab a top-eight spot.

badav

Bench
Prince looked to be in some measure of discomfort. Its never good to see players injured like that, but i dont believe their was anything illegal in the play. He was just hit hard and its one of those things that happens in footy.

icewind

Juniors
whats a 'no contact' rule going to accomplish? what happens if a player feigns to kick? will feigning have to be outlawed?

if anything, be tougher on any late shots, and teams should also think about deeper passing for the kicker to have more time, instead of trying to gain every cm available.

Carlito

Juniors
icewind said:
whats a 'no contact' rule going to accomplish? what happens if a player feigns to kick? will feigning have to be outlawed?

if anything, be tougher on any late shots, and teams should also think about deeper passing for the kicker to have more time, instead of trying to gain every cm available.
Spot on on all counts IMO.

badav

Bench
_Johnsy said:

Still plenty of weeks to go, lets hope if your main playmaker gets injured no-one would take joy out of it. A very bronco thing to do.

Trust you of all people to try to turn it into something its not.

Who said anything about taking joy out of Scott Princes injury?? You were the first person to mention it. If you want to read something then jump to your own ridiculous conclusion from it, thats your problem.

The Dodger

First Grade
i think thats the last thing the broncos intentions are.

because if it is, then their doing a pretty sh*tty job...

Mr Saab

Referee
Moffo said:
best field goal since andrew willis at campbelltown in 1991!

As for the game, yeah it was a great win, but more pissed off with the long term loss of Hodges.
No Tate forever and no Hodges for what...4-5-6-7 weeks with a torn hamstring.
Shame about Prince, but there was nothing illegal in that.
Plenty of kickers get shoulder charged and they get up...look at Bird on Thurston on Weds night.
Just bad luck that Taylor connected on the point of princes shoulder and hence break that bone

gcbronco

Juniors
Surprised people (Even if it's just Bennett) are making something of Dave Taylor saluting whilst scoring. It's a tight game, time running out and he's scoring a try to level the game. Of course he's going to show emotion.

Agreed 110% I mean look at Scott Prince during the match and the gesters he was making towards Michael Ennis, no problem with that but its not ok for Dave Taylor to show emotion for scoring a great try to get his side back into the game :?

_Johnsy

Referee
salivor said:
Is that all you've got?..........yawn.

You pack about as much punch as your pathetic signature.

There you go sweety, you have nothing to get all worked up about anymore, there is even an apology

Mr Saab

Referee
We didnt take offense, we just laughed @ it.
As Sal said in another thread in the origin section...we should get Dodge to make a thread to say "Brisbane, owning Souths since 1988"
Or
"Brisbane, proud owners of the Puppy Dogs since 2006"

_Johnsy

Referee
Mr Saab said:
We didnt take offense, we just laughed @ it.
As Sal said in another thread in the origin section...we should get Dodge to make a thread to say "Brisbane, owning Souths since 1988"
Or
"Brisbane, proud owners of the Puppy Dogs since 2006"

SAAB

I know, just a gentle dig at my horsie pals.

salivor

First Grade
_Johnsy said:
There you go sweety, you have nothing to get all worked up about anymore, there is even an apology

Offence? lol, don't flatter yourself. I suppose you need something to crow about after the last 28 barron years.

meltiger

First Grade
They made the right choice showing this one first everywhere. Bit scrappy as you'd expect 2 days after Origin but was a great game. Well done to both sides (& the fantastic crowd that turned up)

DeeGan

Bench
What a game! I was there and I must say, the atmosphere was magic. The home fans I sat with were both accomodating and good natured, one of the best evenings at a football game I have ever had.

As for the game, devastating loss - I thought we had this in the bad when Prince scored (is there a better half going on form at the moment?) though when he went off, I turned to my pro Brisbane mate and said, "this isn't going to bode well for us here".

Scott Prince in a losing side was superb. Two try assists, a great individual try. Taylor's hit was legal, nothing wrong with it - just unfortunate. I read there is no serious damage and he won't be out for an extended period - thank the lord. He goes, we are done.

Luke Bailey - inspirational.

Preston Campbell's form is a concern. He is still gun shy though I am told he was in doubt coming in to the game and it was an effort just to have played.

Smith Samau, one kid I had high expectations for, isn't doing enough when he returns the ball or when he looks for work. He is just wasting a tackle and lacks penetration. That is a concern as well, the sooner we get Walker back the better. If not Chris, promote the sensational young rookie Shannon Walker!

Brisbane's defence was awesome. Their line speed was as good as I have seen in a long, long time. We were suffocated at times by that.

Darren Lockyer - champion.

Ben Hannant - mini Webcke, what a great game.

Petero Civoniceva - tireless performance.

This was a great game for Queensland, we lost - yes, though I just went home happy to have been there for a great game which will help in sparking this rivalry.

Good game Brisbane, with the rep season over, the Broncos are-a-coming!

p.s. That Taylor kid is MASSIVE. Scary prospect.

meltiger

First Grade
DeeGan said:
As for the game, devastating loss - I thought we had this in the bad when Prince scored (is there a better half going on form at the moment?)

Was the difference in the end. Momentum shifted the second he went off. Was playing out of his skin in that last 15 minutes. The try was sensational.

Latest posts