What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R17 Sun - Cronulla v Bulldogs *SPOILERS*

innsaneink

Referee
Thierry Henry said:
If you're referring to the O'Meley "knock on", that was the correct call and excellent refereeing. O'Meley juggled it, and clearly knocked it back with the last touch. I don't know what Gould was going on about.

Not sure who it was, but it occured right on the tryline, just before the ft hooter went, only saw it the once and got no replays, I didnt hear Gus comment on it

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Dodger said:
What game were you watching? The only poor thing was the refereeing. Given the conditions it was a very good, solid game of football.

I was watching the game at Toyota Park between the Bulldogs and Sharks. In that game neither team got out of first gear and simply went through the motions, neither team looked particularly interested in taking the initiative needed to win. Like I said, it was a poor game.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
innsaneink said:
Not sure who it was, but it occured right on the tryline, just before the ft hooter went, only saw it the once and got no replays, I didnt hear Gus comment on it

99 times out of 100 that sort of thing is ruled a knock on. It was a strange interpretation from Hayne.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
S.S.T.I.D said:
99 times out of 100 that sort of thing is ruled a knock on. It was a strange interpretation from Hayne.

How?

O'Meley juggled the ball and then clearly knocked it back. It ended up landing about 2 metres behind him.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Thierry Henry said:
How?

O'Meley juggled the ball and then clearly knocked it back. It ended up landing about 2 metres behind him.

I'm almost certain that the ball went backwards because it bounced off a Sharks player. The ball doesn't have to touch the ground for it to be a knock on. Atleast, that is what it looked like to me.

jimmythehand

Juniors
i thought the defence of both teams was awesome today, the hits looked really really hard. the conditions didn't suit an expansive style of game so I'm not sure why everyone is surprised it wasn't a fantastic spectacle.

the refereeing was a joke, but at least the bad calls were 50/50.

The dogs have now conceded 3 tries in 3 games. This is what you call consolidation folks. The dogs will try and tough it out for another couple of matches then be a bit more adventurous as the season goes on. They did exactly the same thing last year - played crap, consolidated, then got better - and almost made the grand final.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Benny Ross = 3-4 weeks:

SMH at leagueHQ.com.au said:
But the resurgent Dogs third-straight win may have come at a cost as interchange forward Kane Cleal was rushed to hospital with one of the worst broken jaws club medical staff had seen.

Down 12-0 at the break, the Dogs scored three unanswered second-half tries to scrape past a spirited Sharks side missing regular halves Brett Kimmorley and Adam Dykes.

The win lifted the Bulldogs to seventh on the ladder, while dropping the Sharks, who have now lost three straight and five of their last six, out of the top eight.

Cleal was injured in a seemingly innocuous Ben Ross tackle in the 46th minute, but coach Steve Folkes suggested that the NRL match review committee would be taking a second look.

"The club doctor Hugh Hazard said it's one of the worst breaks he's ever seen," a club spokesman said.

Cleal later underwent surgery at Baulkham Hills Private Hospital.

The club said he lost several teeth and had the right side of his lower jaw shifted backwards one centimetre.

http://news.leaguehq.com.au/bulldogs-reel-in-sharks-for-1412-win/20072908-mmc.html

Timmah

Staff member
Further down in the same article, looks like Sticky is taking after his former halves partner Mr L Daley:

"It's very frustrating, I think there's about seven or eight games now that we've lost by a couple of points ... statistically we've only had to score one more try a game and we're winning those matches," Sharks coach Ricky Stuart said.

But Stuart denied his side's confidence was dented and dared to talk positively about shaking the finals.

"If we make the semi-finals we've had an outstanding preparation and we'll do well," he said.

"If we don't make the semi-finals then we're not good enough this year."

"If this side scores more points than the opposition, they'll win this game" :lol:

not happy with the win, but at this stage we will take the 2 points and hopefully produce a better peformance against the panthers next week.

it was a shame for cleal though was doing well, it looks like his season may be gone.

0neye

Moffo said,10k down you will have to work over time at Oxford St this week bum boy so I can put 20k on the Black Cats next week =_$

eels_fan_01 said:
Parra havent been playing like gods either, i never said that. I just made the point that i think both the Dogs and Sharks were sh*t today and have been all season. The whole "Bulldogs are back in this competition" sh*ts me, they have as much chance as Souths.

As Souths ? :lol:

Not a bookie by any chance ?

Better to play bad and win then to play good (Tigers v Cowboys/Storm early in the season) and lose.

It shows that we are still going okay.

I think we will turn it on against the Panthers next week.

2 points is 2 points !!

Timmah

Staff member
"I didn't do it" sez Ben Ross.

0,,5558768,00.jpg

Sure you didn't Ben. ;-)

4 weeks. Gorn. (IMO)