What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R19 | Knights 30-2 Titans @ Hunter | Sat 5.30pm

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Rochow has been impressive in the limited time he's played this year. He seemed a different player compared to his work in 2014.

I wouldn't have a problem with him starting next year.

macavity

Referee
Lets just agree that starting spots should be won, not given, and that they should change based on form.

If Rochow is kicking arse next year he gets it. If Korbin or Tapine are kicking arse, they get it. Past form doesn't determine future performance.

Isn't that the whole point?

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Lets just agree that starting spots should be won, not given, and that they should change based on form.

If Rochow is kicking arse next year he gets it. If Korbin or Tapine are kicking arse, they get it. Past form doesn't determine future performance.

Yeah of course, plenty of good backrow options next year. I think Rochow will start based on what I've seen this year, but that shouldn't be guaranteed.

Let's hope that the coach has that philosophy next year, but not holding my breath if it's Stone.

Isn't that what we are wanting here. Noone is guaranteed their jumper. As it should be. I would say both Stockwell and Mataora will be in for big off seasons now that they know a starting berth is up for grabs. Rochow will need to be at his best to make the 17 let alone start.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

This ^

Nuffy

Bench
Well lets just be pleased with the win and move on, I'm not sure that the Titans were much competition but we will happily take it at this point.

Next week will tell us whether they are truly putting in.

I'd also like to commend the club on creative accounting, there isnt a hope in hell there was 10.5K of fans there.

My bay in the Western stand had 11 people in it as I counted them to stop my teeth chattering at half time.

If Hodkinson can improve our attack within the opps 20, he will be worth 3 times the price as we really dont have much clue.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Levi has to be our starting hooker next season. His mobility. strength and energy are exceptional. As soon as he came on we started to look like we would put a score on. The kid can throw a pretty decent cutout pass from dummy half as well. The score last night flattered the titans. Had we been on song we would have hit 60.

I don't think we wait till next year...I thought he needed more development time (which is why I mentioned Roberts hooker/dummy half option in another thread) but on what he did on Saturday, he is the best option of those available now and should hold his spot for the rest of the year if Stone is serious about building a side that will be competitive in 2016.

^^^ This!

It *should* be the case that guys are knocking on the door to get a spot in 1st grade and if you are off form you are given a few chances then dropped.

That's difficult with a limited playing roster and injuries but is something we need to aspire to.