What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R19 vs Broncos

betcats

Referee
@Pomoz got me thinking with his talk of unfair criticism of Maloney and Luai being bad. What I've come to is that Luai isn't at fault either.

All reports had Maloney injured and only training late in the week. In that case Luai would have trained at 5/8 with Nathan at 7.

Is it any coincidence our best games since origin started have been Warriors(win) Sharks(good but beaten by a good team). They are the games we had a full week of training with a consistent team. I'm starting to wonder if reading the over positive comments on here set my expectations too high and we start from this week rather than last week due to better consistent preparation.

Maloney had been resting since the last origin, he f**king needs to wake up. He begged for the big money, you don't put it dogshit performances like that after acting like hes some big superstar worthy of top money last year. I can forgive missed tackles and intercepts but not dumb f**king plays like that shoulder charge, that is just throwing his team under a bus when we needed him to stand up. Pathetic example of leadership from our captain.

Luai wasn't bad, our dumb f**k coach got 2 of the back 3 selections wrong and we got punished for it.

franklin2323

Immortal
Maloney had been resting since the last origin, he f**king needs to wake up. He begged for the big money, you don't put it dogshit performances like that after acting like hes some big superstar worthy of top money last year.

Luai wasn't bad, our dumb f**k coach got 2 of the back 3 selections wrong and we got punished for it.

What could we of done though? The rules limited the options

betcats

Referee
What could we of done though? The rules limited the options

There must of been half a dozen poster before the game that said we need Phillips speed and he has less errors in him. Turns out the broncos took advantage of our lack of speed on the wing and Crictons error to kick It all off.

This is basic shit our coach couldn't see but a bunch of nobodies could because hook is too set in his ways. He'd rather a powerful prop like winger over a fast one no matter how much the team needs the fast one, it doesn't matter about the team make up or form, Hook is so f**king predictable.

franklin2323

Immortal
There must of been half a dozen poster before the game that said we need Phillips speed and he has less errors in him. Turns out the broncos took advantage of our lack of speed on the wing and Crictons error to kick It all off.

This is basic shit our coach couldn't see but a bunch of nobodies could because hook is too set in his ways. He'd rather a powerful prop like winger over a fast one no matter how much the team needs the fast one, it doesn't matter about the team make up or form, Hook is so f**king predictable.

With Luai at FB though? Phillips made a few basic errors in ISP too. Phillips is just a smaller, Faster version of Crichton both are shocking.

In a perfect world we could call in any of the back 3 from ISP but rules don't allow that.

betcats

Referee
With Luai at FB though? Phillips made a few basic errors in ISP too. Phillips is just a smaller, Faster version of Crichton both are shocking.

In a perfect world we could call in any of the back 3 from ISP but rules don't allow that.

That's just horseshit. You are constantly talking players down based on who hook picks.

A smaller faster version of Crichton still would've been better than cricton anyway, not that is anywhere near true. Its a lack of SPEED that hurt us.

betcats

Referee
In what why is Phillips better than Crichton then? Both aren't of FG standard. Personally I'd always go the faster one but Phillps has had his moments too.

Hes faster. He is safer under bombs. More reliable hands ingeneral. Better footwork. Calling him the same is just reaching desperately to make hooks decision look less inept.

OldPanther

Coach
Maloney had been resting since the last origin, he f**king needs to wake up. He begged for the big money, you don't put it dogshit performances like that after acting like hes some big superstar worthy of top money last year. I can forgive missed tackles and intercepts but not dumb f**king plays like that shoulder charge, that is just throwing his team under a bus when we needed him to stand up. Pathetic example of leadership from our captain.

This is why I said we'd be better playing May for that game. If Maloney isn't 100% play someone who is. He played like his head wasn't in 8t which is not good enough.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hes faster. He is safer under bombs. More reliable hands ingeneral. Better footwork. Calling him the same is just reaching desperately to make hooks decision look less inept.

How many people on here wanted Phillips dropped after the bombed tries? It literally is a 50/50 decision.

betcats

Referee
This is why I said we'd be better playing May for that game. If Maloney isn't 100% play someone who is. He played like his head wasn't in 8t which is not good enough.

It looks like attitude to me. His head wasn't in the game. I didn't notice his ankle. The guy needs to f**k the larrikin act off and be a leader on and off the field.

OldPanther

Coach
How many people on here wanted Phillips dropped after the bombed tries? It literally is a 50/50 decision.

I wanted Phillips out of the 2. Speed is more valuable than whatever Crighton is picked for.

It looks like attitude to me. His head wasn't in the game. I didn't notice his ankle. The guy needs to f**k the larrikin act off and be a leader on and off the field.

He seemed pretty serious the day after so maybe it's sinking in. Well it better be anyway.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wanted Phillips out of the 2. Speed is more valuable than whatever Crighton is picked for.

He seemed pretty serious the day after so maybe it's sinking in. Well it better be anyway.

I agree Mansour and Chrichton are too similar but there is no guarantee Phillips doesn't make the same errors. In fact he had a drop the exact same in NSW Cup. It is almost at the stage where we need to move Whare to a wing

OldPanther

Coach
I agree Mansour and Chrichton are too similar but there is no guarantee Phillips doesn't make the same errors. In fact he had a drop the exact same in NSW Cup. It is almost at the stage where we need to move Whare to a wing

If it wins us games I'm all for it. Peachey will be very off defencively though not having played at centre all year I think Griffin will persist with Crighton though. Seems to like him.

mxlegend99

Referee
Both needed to be dropped.

Shit Whare on the wing is a better option and no one rates him as a winger.

1. DWZ
2. Whare
3. Peachey
4. Blake
5. Mansour

This is probably our best bet if we arent allowed to put Aekins at fullback. May on bench as utility.

franklin2323

Immortal
Crichton bombed a sitter against the sharks. If half the forum can see our lack of speed on the wings is an issue an the coach cant doesn't that worry you? Bennett spotted it and took advantage of it, its pretty obvious.

Both bombed tries v WT. Point is neither are FG quality so we are stuffed which ever way we go

Latest posts