What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2 -MNF- Titans v Sharks *live updates & discussion*

Cletus

First Grade
Fraser Whatsit went well for Sharks. Looks like a good winger. Seemed like Dykes/Kimmorely went well together. Sharks don't look too bad this year, Stuart seems to have done wonders for them.

BWNB

First Grade
How the fugg did the ball not hit a sharks defender for the titans last try?
Anyway, congrats to the titans it was a good game, both teams can take alot from it.
Prince looked very good as did friend who carved us up.
Thompson, Covell and De gois were just as good for the sharks.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The ball was still forced by Preston's arm = try.

De Gois was awesome in defence for JF.

DeeGan

Bench
I think the Sharks have the makings of a very good football team to be honest.

Good pack of forwards, classy halfback in Kimmorley and some potential game breakers out wide.

They were good tonight though dropped ball at crucial times (3 turnovers on first tackle after packing the scrum) and there were opportunities missed when kicking (Preston should have seen more bombs).

BWNB

First Grade
DeeGan said:
They were good tonight though dropped ball at crucial times (3 turnovers on first tackle after packing the scrum) and there were opportunities missed when kicking (Preston should have seen more bombs).

It is a shame your not the coach to drill these thoughts in the players heads...seemed simple, but we wont do anything till next year.... We need a change.
Did we have a 5/8, owell good competivite game, good to see good crowds for monday night footy, personally i dont like it but we will see how long it lasts for

BWNB

First Grade
Timmah said:
The ball was still forced by Preston's arm = try.

Correct me if im wrong but doesnt the rule state that if a player looses control of the ball into a defender its deemed a knock on?

lockyno1

Post Whore
It was a try and get over it becuase their other "no-try" was very close to being a try. That was very 50-50 obstruction at best.

BWNB

First Grade
no.2_lukeburt said:
dunno if its been mentioned... but Covell has a ripper.

Yea he did, what he lacks in speed he gains in postional play, courage and hands. Not many could ask more

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Correct me if im wrong but doesnt the rule state that if a player looses control of the ball into a defender its deemed a knock on?

He still had control under his arm numbnuts, learn the rules.

BWNB

First Grade
Timmah said:
He still had control under his arm numbnuts, learn the rules.

Learn the rules?
I know the rules mate its the interpretation of the rules.
Even in the call they said he lost control of the ball.
I know the rules numbnuts :roll:

lockyno1

Post Whore
So what. What about the so called "obstruction" that was ruled no try to the Titans in the first half. One of those was always going to be a try, and guess what it would have made no difference! Blame Covell for missing a kick!

BWNB

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
So what. What about the so called "obstruction" that was ruled no try to the Titans in the first half. One of those was always going to be a try, and guess what it would have made no difference! Blame Covell for missing a kick!

We could go on forever, what about the blatent steal when the sharks where attacking down the right side, called a knock on...
Anyway, the game is over now time to move on!

Special K

Coach
looked alright at stages but the boys seemed to be on the back foot for most of the game even when in the lead.

simon says

First Grade
Prince owned Kimmorley,and was the difference between the two sides in an entertaining game.

The Tits remind me of the Tigers 05......a good 1,7,9 combo with a hard working(but not big) forward pack.

I must admit I like their style of play......good value so far.