What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R20 // Knights 16-12 Roosters @ Hunter // Fri 7.40pm

aqua_duck

Coach
Been following the kid since he was 14 as I'm friends with his manager Chris Haddad, he's always been too good for those in his age group, dominated junior reps, captained nsw at under 16 level, captained Australian schoolboys.

With the youth coming through the coaching choice should be either Brennan or Griffin. Both have the credentials as excellent junior player developers. With the kids we have coming through we cannot F this up and with all due respect to Stoney I don't see it in him. At least on recent evidence.

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
Griffin? Surely you mean some other Griffin and not the monumental flop from up north :lol:

Noname36

First Grade
With all due respect to Pat and Chanel, they're not even on the same wavelength as Sione.

Absolutely. I always thought the most talented one was Sione, followed by Pete (although I never understood why everyone blew their load over him in the jrs), then Pat and finally Chanel.

Just on another note. I know it's unlikely given he's one of Bennett's guys, but I'd love for Mick Crawly to stay on. He knows the young kids at the club better than anyone and I reckon he'd be great in an assisting role.

1qaz

Juniors
No1 said Pat and Chanel were better players.
Their whole family has been overrated.
We will finally see a consistent first grader in Sione

Serc

First Grade
In his couple of games he has been pretty good in attack this year Yosh, I recall a number of times he has set up tries, often by drawing a few players (he has been playing centre) and offloading the ball to his fullback or winger

aqua_duck

Coach
With Sione he's abit like the bionic brother, with Pete, Chanel and Pat, all 3 had different strengths in their game. Pete didn't quite have the physical gifts but had a lot of skill, soft hands, offload, passing game. Chanel is quite limited but he's always been a tough, hard running kid, Pat was blessed with the size his older brothers lacked. Sione has everything, he's got Pete's skillset, Chanel's hard running and Pat's size. The beauty about Sione is although he doesn't have one particular strength he's got almost no weaknesses, just a very well rounded footballer.
I personally rate Pat quite highly, he's got decent skill and is quite physically gifted, he's just had a pretty horrid run with injuries the 18 months

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I think I will record this one and watch it saturday morning. Won't have to deal with the madness that is the delayed coverage then.
I'm actually pretty sure it's the live game. Broncos-Storm live into Queensland.

Yosh

Coach
Thanks guys! I hope he does well. I liked him but sensed he would never take the nrl by storm.

ryana87

Juniors
Live in Brisbane and want to watch the knights v roosters game live on Friday night. Unfortunately, 9 will be showing the broncos game...... Is there anyway I can use the nrl app to watch the delayed knights game?

Does it just go off gps?...... Surely I can trick my Android phone to think it's in Nsw

1qaz

Juniors
I live in Queensland. I know everytime I'm at the Gold Coast on a Friday night, I can watch the non Broncos game with the app

Serc

First Grade
JD I think Haffa might live in QLD

Not surprised that Gold Coast residents can watch the other game - possibly the NRL knows that you can watch NBN as well as Ch 9 Bris and have unblocked the other game as they know you can watch either anyway

Knight Vision

First Grade
Been following the kid since he was 14 as I'm friends with his manager Chris Haddad, he's always been too good for those in his age group, dominated junior reps, captained nsw at under 16 level, captained Australian schoolboys.

I read Bennett describe him as a future great of the club and I imagine he doesnt use that description lightly , so is it fair to say we have someone very very special in this kid. As in Billy Slater here we come ?

Jono078

Referee
Even at 18 years old you can tell Sione is a cut above the rest.

Will be a big disappointment if he doesn't kick on with a great NRL career, he just seems THAT good right now.

aqua_duck

Coach
I read Bennett describe him as a future great of the club and I imagine he doesnt use that description lightly , so is it fair to say we have someone very very special in this kid. As in Billy Slater here we come ?

Different sort of player, I'd compare him to Will Hopoate at the same age

Latest posts