What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R20 // Knights 16-12 Roosters @ Hunter // Fri 7.40pm

Spot On

Coach
Not sure if he deserves that criticism tonight. His first half effort was shit when it came to last tackle options but his long range kicking game was pretty spot on. Found the grass plenty which done wonders for us last year.

Absolutely nothing wrong with his long range kicking. That means shit on our side of the scoreboard though. Can't win games with a 0 next to the team's name.

Wato

Juniors
I have been a critic of Roberts both in here and elsewhere mainly because I feel he throws unnecessary passes and plays too sideway at times but he was brilliant tonight and deserves to hold his spot. He has showed glimpses of this over his career hopefully tonight gives him the confidence to kick on. Mullen should take a back seat and play a similar role to Soward and focus on organising the team and our long kicking game, I would also like to see Mullo kick a lot earlier in the count for 40/20s.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Roberts has developed into quite the player. The only thing really missing from his game is a decent long kick.
And then next week when we lose the forum will be lining up to say we need another half.... Tyrone is a young half and former Junior Roos rep. With age , experience and a dominant pack he could very well be our Premiership winning half.

Noname36

First Grade
Also as much as has been said about the young guns, huge props need to go to Smith and Scott. We're so lucky to have them. They really held it together for everyone.

Even if we have to field our u20s side next year I'll always know they'll be alright with those blokes there.

Mason played well too.

slotmachine

First Grade
i wouldn't give up on aku yet. i reckon when he's playing under a coach who isn't a fun vampire he will shine again. mamo is too small at the moment, gets dominated in the tackle. aku makes him looks like a kid physically.

boyd and gids though, that's $1m+ that can be better invested elsewhere.

1qaz

Juniors
Both Sione and Chanel had great debuts. I was surprised by Chanel. He took some tough runs.
Make Scott captain for 2015 season and onwards

Spot On

Coach
At 500K a year Aku is over. If the new coach can turn him into a bloke who can catch, hold the ball and tackle then I'll eat my words. You could stomach him on half his current contract. Maybe. Mamo will be fine. Not the prototype winger but I'm happy to see him establish himself with an off season under the belt and more experience.

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
Spend half of that $1M wrapping up our future from rivals and spend the other half and the what? Other $750k we have sitting there? On another quality prop.

Don't want to give up on Aku either. Wayne has taken what made him the game's best winger and just destroyed it. Whatever it was. I'm pretty sure we'll lose BJ, which will suck considering how strong he has been in recent weeks, but McManus moved in and Mamo on the wing sounds good.

Spot On

Coach
Spend half of that $1M wrapping up our future from rivals and spend the other half and the what? Other $750k we have sitting there? On another quality prop.

Don't want to give up on Aku either. Wayne has taken what made him the game's best winger and just destroyed it. Whatever it was. I'm pretty sure we'll lose BJ, which will suck considering how strong he has been in recent weeks, but McManus moved in and Mamo on the wing sounds good.

Where's BJ going to????

PhilGould

Bench

BJ told the club he's staying I believe. He has the get-out clause but told them he wasn't going to use it

Swarzey

Bench
Where's BJ going to????

The word going around, reported on etc says he has a get out clause in his contract if Bennett leaves. I recall he also resigned this year for 2015 and 16 because of Wayne, coincidentally at the same time the idea of Bennett staying at the club beyond next year popped up and was getting some traction.

It's all speculation and given how he had been playing prior to the Sharks game, I started to think perhaps we wouldn't see him next year. He's been diamonds for the most part these few weeks, even last week after a few errors.

Seage

Juniors
Well in amongst the general euphoria, i think we all agree that Tyrone, Sione, Gagai and Beau Scott were outstanding. I will also add the following:
- Beau Scott as captain has a real ring to it (as someone suggested). You want tough, hard and a leader of men? He's it.
- I worry about Mamo sometimes. He's fast and energetic, but seems a bit clumsy. He's always slipping over and fumbling it (even if the play has broken down). It's like watching Bambi on the ice sometimes.
- Rochow has been a bit disappointing for mine. Just a lack of execution sometimes and an inability to threaten the line when he should.

And let's end this Wayne era pronto. Tonight we felt something we haven't felt in a long time: pride. Enthusiatic blokes, young and old playing for the jersey. Let's have more of it.

Is there any strong mail about BJ leaving, or is it just because of the clause in his contract? And why would we even sign him up with one it when he was sacked by another club. That seems backwards. Then again, that fits the picture of Knights management the last 3 years...

Seage

Juniors
^^ disregard the BJ question, that has been adequately cover during the time between me writing and posting

Spot On

Coach
Well in amongst the general euphoria, i think we all agree that Tyrone, Sione, Gagai and Beau Scott were outstanding. I will also add the following:
- Beau Scott as captain has a real ring to it (as someone suggested). You want tough, hard and a leader of men? He's it.
- I worry about Mamo sometimes. He's fast and energetic, but seems a bit clumsy. He's always slipping over and fumbling it (even if the play has broken down). It's like watching Bambi on the ice sometimes.
- Rochow has been a bit disappointing for mine. Just a lack of execution sometimes and an inability to threaten the line when he should.

And let's end this Wayne era pronto. Tonight we felt something we haven't felt in a long time: pride. Enthusiatic blokes, young and old playing for the jersey. Let's have more of it.

Is there any strong mail about BJ leaving, or is it just because of the clause in his contract? And why would we even sign him up with one it when he was sacked by another club. That seems backwards. Then again, that fits the picture of Knights management the last 3 years...

Agree with Rochow. Might be better playing tighter????

Sacrolishes

Juniors
All I wanted to see tonight was pride in the jumper and my god. But as game went on pride wasn't going to
Be good enough and only a win was allowed. Because I felt
They could do it. They actually looked dangerous and unpredictable
Tonight. Kudos to the entire team. Great work on young backs. All played great. Sims, Snowden, Scott and Smith were fantastic in forwards. Enough can't be said about Roberts. Superb game. Just don't tear him to shreds fans if he doesn't produce the same performance next week. Still learning and he's an unpredictable player in attack. Tonight it worked perfectly. all came off a great second half performance by the forwards. They gave him great room to work with.

I loved that game. Absolutely loved it. Felt like a GF.

Latest posts