What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R20 // Knights 16-12 Roosters @ Hunter // Fri 7.40pm

Wato

Juniors
Rochow didn't train Thursday so maybe his groin was hampering him tonight. He threatened to break the line a few times but he does not have the brute strength the top back rowers have. On a bit more positive note this crash balls Roberts laid on for Rochow tonight are the same ones Tariq has been crashing over with so we should see some more success there next year.

Seage

Juniors
Can't hurt to try. Works better for Houston.

Plus he might have to when Tariq gets here, because he doesn't offer more than him or Beau Scott.

Might be bizarre to say, but we could have done a lot worse than make a play for Ashton Sims before he signed for SL as well. Not the youngest or most dominant prop, but has a few decent years left and when those boys have played for Fiji they have been pretty good and aggressive.

Roberts played really well. Always rated him. Sione Mata'utai looks really impressive. Only reason I watched tonight's match was to see how he'd go....

Apey

Staff member
Wish I had gone. That game was worth being a billy no-mates for

I walked over and watched it by myself, glad I did!

Our best win of the year I think in context. You could tell it meant a lot to them based on their reactions after the game.

BJ still needs to learn to f**king pass though. Jesus Christ, Mamo was in the clear.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Thought Boyd was on 600K, Gids 400K and Uate 500K?????

I know from reports that Gids is on 400K , I thought Boyd was on the same or perhaps 500 K and Uate I have no idea but 500 K is a bit rich ?? I certainly hope we didnt pay that much for a winger did we ? :crazy:

Seage

Juniors

Our best win of the year I think in context. You could tell it meant a lot to them based on their reactions after the game.

BJ still needs to learn to f**king pass though. Jesus Christ, Mamo was in the clear.

Yeah, lucky he scored, because he can butcher them too. We had a fair point about that being a professional foul, but it shouldn't have mattered. Pass the ball, Mamo scores, nothing to see here...

PhilGould

Bench

I couldn't believe it when he held onto that, there was no one even close to Mamo!

Spot On

Coach
I know from reports that Gids is on 400K , I thought Boyd was on the same or perhaps 500 K and Uate I have no idea but 500 K is a bit rich ?? I certainly hope we didnt pay that much for a winger did we ? :crazy:

I think you'll find Darius signed on for 600k. Uate definitely 500k. You are correct on Gids at 400K.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Spend half of that $1M wrapping up our future from rivals and spend the other half and the what? Other $750k we have sitting there? On another quality prop.

Don't want to give up on Aku either. Wayne has taken what made him the game's best winger and just destroyed it. Whatever it was. I'm pretty sure we'll lose BJ, which will suck considering how strong he has been in recent weeks, but McManus moved in and Mamo on the wing sounds good.
He is one player who has gone backwards under Bennett ball thats for sure

Knight Vision

First Grade
I think you'll find Darius signed on for 600k. Uate definitely 500k. You are correct on Gids at 400K.
Well if he is on 500 K he better pick his act up next season or spend it in reserve grade because there appears to be some young talent breathing down his neck.....perhaps with Bennett gone he will return to his natural game.....

I thought tonight like last years run at the end that the guys seemed to actually be enjoying their footy - something they have rarely done during Bennetts time

Nuffy

Bench
Just watched it again and enjoyed it more the second time around.

My thoughts,

Debutants were really good, Sione looked like he'd played 100 FG games, so composed.

Roberts stepped up incredibly well. Message in that for Mullo, i.e. He doesn't need to do everything.

I thought Gagai was actually passable at 5/8th but doesn't look like he has a kicking game.

Beau was good, I thought Faalongo was good, I'd give him another year. Loved Korbins charges and Rochow looks better trying a few things. Really going to miss Cuthbo, he is doing good things. Even thought Kade was good.

This game has restored my faith, there's a good team hiding in there somewhere and the young blokes added a lot.

If we can find a coach to unlock the potential, we can build on this team.

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench
The word going around, reported on etc says he has a get out clause in his contract if Bennett leaves. I recall he also resigned this year for 2015 and 16 because of Wayne, coincidentally at the same time the idea of Bennett staying at the club beyond next year popped up and was getting some traction.

It's all speculation and given how he had been playing prior to the Sharks game, I started to think perhaps we wouldn't see him next year. He's been diamonds for the most part these few weeks, even last week after a few errors.

BJ has already said that he isn't going to follow Bennett.

Swarzey

Bench
My concern isn't placed with him following Bennett, it's how much he seems to have had the spotlight down on him a bit more since he came to the club and other clubs could potentially see value. If he gets enough interest elsewhere with offers we simply can't match, that's where I think he'll execute his clause. I don't think the clause is to follow Bennett, just he can leave the club if Bennett isn't the coach.

perverse

Referee
What a win. So good to see the young guys do well, and also to see Tyrone step up in such an emphatic manner.

Dave_

Juniors
Well I think we've all established that the WB structure doesn't suit the players we have. It was so refreshing to see some off the cuff plays from Roberts. I'm one that's been a little critical of him in the past but please, can we just let this team off the leash for the rest of the year and let them play to their strengths?

This game reminds me of what I love about following the Knights, just toughness, pride and that bit of "magic" when it's unexpected. I really thought we played dumb in attack in the first half but Mullen's kicking game was decent, he found the grass alot and only really put in one of those "ploddy" kicks he loves but that resulted in a mistake from the Rorters anyway.

It was so good to see Scott get the last laugh over that putrid grub JWH too, just seeing Beau drill him one on one at the end and then watching him walk off with his tail between his legs just sweetened it. For anyone who wasn't there, I wish you could've seen the crowd give it to him when he went to the bin. Oh, I f**ken loved it.

Tough team to follow though, one day I'll have a hearty watching them play I reckon lol

Zoidberg

First Grade
Hell yeah on the win boys.

I'll admit, I was having doubts about everyone's praise of Sione after that first try, but wow, he is a real talent isn't he. Put him at number 1 for the rest of the season, give him the experience now, let him find his footing and make a few errors.

If our future coach doesn't come out of tonight's performance with a better idea of how to utilise Mullo and Tyrone together, then they shouldn't be our coach. Mullen kicks for meters and directs out team from our goal to the attacking 20. In the attacking 20, Tyrone lets loose.

So proud of the boys and their performance tonight.

Latest posts