What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R20 // Knights 16-12 Roosters @ Hunter // Fri 7.40pm

rabble

Juniors
Haven't been on here for a while because I don't like most of your bullshit. But had to get on here to laud Roberts. I said a couple of years ago that he had the potential to be a champion because he had time in possession. With Mullo off the field he took charge, Gags at 6 may be the perfect foil for him. One other thing, I f**ken hate the Roosters and Gould. My song for them. I Hate Everything About You. From your No
8 to your No.1. Another thing, congrats to the Mata' Utia bros, may you live long and prosper for the Knights.

Last edited:
Defence and enthusiasm won it. The enthusiasm came from the younger players and filtered through.
I don't know of many teams that fall back into defence the way we did tonight and often do. We get straight back into a line. No hands on hips and players wandering back.

If I was Bennett I'd be regretting my decision. He had a taste tonight of what Newie can really be like. Your loss.

Noname36

First Grade
So proud.

To the idiots from that other place that have been death riding Roberts for years, get that up ya!

swarmski

Juniors
Things taken from that game

1) The Mata'utia brothers and Mamo were exciting to watch. Definitely see them developing into stars
2) With Mullen out, i thought we were gone...but it forced Tyrone to play his game, and ladies and gentlemen...it was fantastic (pending 1 intercept :cool:)
3) Gagai, i thought had a brilliant stint at 5/8 in the second half

Bennet really needs to identify that mullo/tyrone are our 6/7. No point putting Gidley in and benching our #7. Im sorry Gidley, but there really is nowhere for you anymore.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
That win would have to be the most satisfying that I can remember watching, we just beat the reigning premiers with a team of rookies and no names, what a win! Tyrone simply must play 7 going forward, he's our x-factor! And the two brothers on debut both had good games as well, at least our future looks good even though this season has gone to shit.

slotmachine

First Grade
tele reckons midley is getting another 2 years as CEO which is disappointing for many reasons, but probably means kidley wont be getting a tap on the shoulder.

if he gets a deal past 2015...

Spot On

Coach
That win would have to be the most satisfying that I can remember watching, we just beat the reigning premiers with a team of rookies and no names, what a win! Tyrone simply must play 7 going forward, he's our x-factor! And the two brothers on debut both had good games as well, at least our future looks good even though this season has gone to shit.

Yes he should but he won't get his hands on the ball when needed because Mullo has to have it to put one of his dainty shit kicky thingys into the air at the end of every set.

Our attack became the exact opposite of what it usually is - predictable. Roosters had trouble reading what was going on because we didn't use the same "Bennett ball' move we use every set. Bit of off the cuff stuff f**ked them right up.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Goodbye to the old back three and Gids. Maybe it's time for Tyrone to be allowed to take some responsibility in attack. Mullo has nothing. Congrats to the boys. That was all heart. Bennett jumps ship and the boys dig in.

I dont actually Blame Mullen for that. Ive seen a few interviews with both Jarrod and Tyrone; every time Mullen makes jokes about how quiet and unconfident Roberts is. I bet Mullen would be happy for Roberts to take more of a lead...

I never thought id say this, but i think Mullen should be made to act as the boring, "catch and pass" half (read: Ben Hornby), and leave Tyrone to chime in during attacking moments. Roberts has never struck me as the "boring" half, but i never expected him to outplay Mullen by so much...

Swarzey

Bench
Well whoever takes over from Bennett will be walking into a pool on the brink of overflowing with talent.

Kids were incredible. Mamo is so safe under the high ball and makes plenty out of dummy half, just needs to get him more involved. Chanel was solid too. Cleaned up well on the line. Gagai's versatility was awesome to watch; he was rusty in 5/8 but warmed to it and no doubt our attack in the next few years could be incredible. Korbin Sims was just plain solid all round. Rochow showed why some people like myself have such big wraps on him.

But Sione. 18, making try savers on front rowers and cleaning up with no fear. Also like Mamo, makes plenty in hitups.

This club better not f**k these kids' contracts up.

Yosh

Coach
Mullo needs to just kick long and run the ball. Let Tyrone call the shots and we don't have to give the ball second man every single attack.

Good to see the team offloading as well.

Everyone played like a champ.

Rod

Bench
That win was old school Knights. Playing the premiers with key guys out and kids replacing them, then Mullen off at HT, backs against the wall and they deliver. What a buzz to get the win like that. Big ups to the crowd as well, not huge in number but they really got behind the boys and rode them home.

Matu'utia's had strong debuts, particularly Sione, wow this kid is something. And Roberts, just wow, took the game by the scruff of the neck, brilliant stuff.

5 days late but can we say that game was for Alex instead of the Titans one?

Swarzey

Bench
mullen and chip bombs, a love that will last forever

Not sure if he deserves that criticism tonight. His first half effort was shit when it came to last tackle options but his long range kicking game was pretty spot on. Found the grass plenty which done wonders for us last year.

slotmachine

First Grade
there was a set there at the end when sione, then chanel, then BJ took hit ups and all made 15m+ right through the middle of the ruck

something to be said for big, fast, young players ripping in. they might be inconsistent but its a fun ride

Noname36

First Grade
Mullo needs to just kick long and run the ball. Let Tyrone call the shots and we don't have to give the ball second man every single attack.

Good to see the team offloading as well.

Everyone played like a champ.

^ what he said.

Latest posts