What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R22 MNF - Penrith v North Queensland

Shorty

Staff member
Dr Crane said:
Don't roll your eyes.

4th spot and your lot have a pretty soft run in. I'd at least hope to get some revenge on Penrith.

Bastards
It appears Penrith do a pretty fine job of revenge on themselves:lol:

dice

Juniors
Shorty said:
We need to drop Sione,but we won't farked until we do.
SUCKED IN!!!! Warriors,Bulldogs,Rabbits etc

I wouldn't be getting too cocky after that performance. In fact, I would be very nervous if I were you.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Panthers...how pathetic can you get.
I tip them...they lose
I tip against them...they win.

Meh, at least i have a nice pretty sum of cash coming with them bottom three and spoon

We played well tonight for most of the game and this is better football than we have been playing for most of the year. Still quite unbelievably threw in enough bonehead plays as well as dumb refereeing by Maxwell for us to somehow lose.

Enjoy Wallace next year :lol: - his needless offload at 14-10 stopped momentum and they scored and at 26-16 he came up with a pathetic kick into the back of one of our forwards to hand possession over in our own 30. Not to mention the dropped ball from Waterhouse's offload which was catchable in extra time. On the positive side Clinton had a solid game and I think he has a future at the Broncos, pity about Peter 'I'm the next Brett Seymour' Wallace :crazy:

Shorty

Staff member
dice said:
I wouldn't be getting too cocky after that performance. In fact, I would be very nervous if I were you.
Who said I was cocky,it's pretty evident it was the Panther's game to lose.
But hey I'll be happy because I thought the game was over,it was a pleasant surprise.

Never seen so many people upset about another team's loss!

Ridders

Coach
bloody penrith, can even hold onto a hold on with 10 point lead with 5 mins remaining. that wallace kick that was accidental off-side was the shifter i reckon, can't believe he just didn't get a kick off, no matter how sh*t

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Cowboys are probably the most undeserving 4th place side I can remember. How the f**k is this team 4th? Just shows how good Thurston and Matt Bowen are. Maybe Webb is ok but geez they have some nuffies. Faumuina isn't a footballer he looks more like a criminal.

Caged Panther

First Grade
ah my beloved panthers snatching defeat from the jaws of vicotry. If it was any other team I would be laughing at them.

And Jarrod Maxwell you sir are weak as piss. You will never get a more obvious case for a send off then you did tonight and you still took the easy option.

CowMan

Juniors
pantherz9103 said:
The Cowboys are probably the most undeserving 4th place side I can remember. How the f**k is this team 4th? Just shows how good Thurston and Matt Bowen are. Maybe Webb is ok but geez they have some nuffies. Faumuina isn't a footballer he looks more like a criminal.

just shut up and lick your spoon little boy

Mr Saab

Referee
pantherz9103 said:
We played well tonight for most of the game and this is better football than we have been playing for most of the year. Still quite unbelievably threw in enough bonehead plays as well as dumb refereeing by Maxwell for us to somehow lose.

Enjoy Wallace next year :lol: - his needless offload at 14-10 stopped momentum and they scored and at 26-16 he came up with a pathetic kick into the back of one of our forwards to hand possession over in our own 30. Not to mention the dropped ball from Waterhouse's offload which was catchable in extra time. On the positive side Clinton had a solid game and I think he has a future at the Broncos, pity about Peter 'I'm the next Brett Seymour' Wallace :crazy:

When they play for a great club that has good structures and coach...they will be just fine.
Enjoy...................well i dont know what you will enjoy in 2008.

Shorty

Staff member
I wouldn't say that...we're definitely on and off and we have been very lucky to be in the top four the last couple of games however a lot of teams have been the same.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
When they play for a great club that has good structures and coach...they will be just fine.
Enjoy...................well i dont know what you will enjoy in 2008.

Yeah a great defence I'd agree if you said that. The Broncos always a professional performer as much as I dislike them, I admire that they always make it hard for the opposition and don't hand out charitable wins like the Panthers did tonight and a few other times in '07.

But my point was - when have you had a great halfback, well there was Alan Langer a champion player for 13 years - but who has there been since 2002?? Berrigan, Seymour, Perry, Ennis and now presumably Wallace. See my point? He'll be no better than Seymour.

Missa

Juniors
dr_dre86 said:
Fu*k I hate the Cowboys, especially Bowen. That little bastard.

I loooooooooooooooooooooooove matty bowen...he is phenomenal to watch....wish he was our fullback

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Matty Bowen is a champion and congrats to the Cowboys but damn that would have been hard to watch for the Panthers fans.

Mr Saab

Referee
pantherz9103 said:
But my point was - when have you had a great halfback, well there was Alan Langer a champion player for 13 years - but who has there been since 2002?? Berrigan, Seymour, Perry, Ennis and now presumably Wallace. See my point? He'll be no better than Seymour.

You dont need a great halfback when you have a dominant leader in Lockyer.
See 2006 as evidence of that.
Wallace will be 100x the player Perry is and thats enough.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Dragonsfire said:
Matty Bowen is a champion and congrats to the Cowboys but damn that would have been hard to watch for the Panthers fans.

Not as hard as you might think. Its almost as though I expect them to self destruct. I want to try and be positive. WE DID NOT PLAY THAT BADLY tonight we just did a few stupid things and Bowen and Thurston put on some magic at crucial times. Also Faumuina should've been sent that came back to haunt us to. Having said that, shouldn't have lost when 10 up with only 6 to go. So frustrating but there's no point in being too angry, I was angry earlier in the season now I'm just learning to accept it. If there was an award for finding ways to lose in the Olympics we'd score 10's with the judges :lol: :(

pantherz9103

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
You dont need a great halfback when you have a dominant leader in Lockyer.
See 2006 as evidence of that.
Wallace will be 100x the player Perry is and thats enough.

2006 was a rare exception to the rule. What about the finishes to the season of 2001-2005. 1 golden late run with no injuries doesn't come along every year.

But back on Wallace he can't blame his inconsistency solely on playing in a losing team that aren't gelling as a unit, he looks good with his passing game but in my opinion he would get in the way of Lockyer, he'd be a very average halfback.

Mr Saab

Referee
pantherz9103 said:
2006 was a rare exception to the rule. What about the finishes to the season of 2001-2005. 1 golden late run with no injuries doesn't come along every year.

Broncos have been hammered with injuries every yr bar 2006...and there proof was in the pudding.
It didnt have anything to do with not having a gun halfback.

Latest posts