What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R24 // Broncos 48-6 Knights @ Suncorp // Sat 5.30pm

perverse

Referee
Of the list of players we expected to have this year - the following were missing tonight:

Jarrod Mullen
Darius Boyd
Alex McKinnon
Kade Snowden
Jeremy Smith
Russell Packer
Akuila Uate
James McManus

Am I missing someone? Half our team wasn't out there tonight. I thought we missed Snowden and Mullen in particular, but the others are all at least handy players in their own right. We've been playing above our weight the past few months, and we should be proud of it. All we can do is reboot and hope for the best in the next 2 weeks. Mullo would have helped immensely tonight, Dobson was very harmful to us outside of a few bombs he put up.

Swarzey

Bench
Mullo plays and we're only just beaten. Maybe we could have even won. We had no structure in attack, we couldn't mount any pressure. Everyone just looked lost.

It's just that simple IMO.

Nuffy

Bench
Of the list of players we expected to have this year - the following were missing tonight:

Jarrod Mullen
Darius Boyd
Alex McKinnon
Kade Snowden
Jeremy Smith
Russell Packer
Akuila Uate
James McManus

Am I missing someone? Half our team wasn't out there tonight. I thought we missed Snowden and Mullen in particular, but the others are all at least handy players in their own right. We've been playing above our weight the past few months, and we should be proud of it. All we can do is reboot and hope for the best in the next 2 weeks. Mullo would have helped immensely tonight, Dobson was very harmful to us outside of a few bombs he put up.

We could use that refrain for most of the last 10 years, so what have we done to change our luck or professionalism.

Oh that's right, we've reappointed a CEO because it seems he is a good bloke and a coach who is part of the Newcastle clique.

The CEO has now announced that the roster is settled for 2015, even though we are letting go of 4 FG forwards maybe more.

The coach's first decision is to bring back an assistant who's resume now shows he was a failed FG coach and a club legend with a coaching resume which is as thin as the CEOs business resume.

Mediocrity begets mediocrity. If you settle for second best, you will be second best.

Apey

Staff member
The players and coach have to wear much of the blame, they don't control external issues but they do control what happens on the field, some of our efforts this year have been laughable.

It was 18-6 at the 57th minute and we lost 48-6 so we leaked 30 points in 22 minutes.

I meant do you blame them for giving up in this game. I don't really. No home crowd to play for, season already f**ked beyond comprehension, and now ASADA shit on top of all that... pretty obvious it has all well and truly taken its toll.

Dobson, Roberts and Gagai. The three worst defenders in our team?

perverse

Referee
I totally agree with you Nuffy - shit decisions all over the place. I'm just saying, we could have been much better tonight. It's reasonable to expect a performance like tonight.

perverse

Referee
Looks like we're going to bank pretty heavily on youth next year in the forwards. Could backfire immensely.

Apey

Staff member
I'll take youth over plodders. At least we don't know if they're plodders or not yet.

Noname36

First Grade
Meh. Was always gonna happen. Don't care at all about this game.

We're so screwed next year though if we don't get a better run with injuries. I know the score line blew out at the end but before that when the game was in the balance you could see how under strength we were. The squad is gonna be even worse next year. We've only made one addition in Tariq.

Can't believe so many people were actually calling for us to let Mullo go a few weeks ago after we had a couple of spirited wins without him. We actually look ridiculous most games when he's not there. Dobson is a terrible player.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
I'll take youth over plodders. At least we don't know if they're plodders or not yet.
Yep, it's pretty much the best we can do at this point. Fingers crossed we still have our eyes on a few under 20's kids from other clubs... but with our current decision making record off the field, I'm doubting it.

Stone did say at his press conference when he was announced coach next year that he wanted to go shopping for props. I wonder what has changed since then?

undertaker

Coach
We could use that refrain for most of the last 10 years, so what have we done to change our luck or professionalism.

Oh that's right, we've reappointed a CEO because it seems he is a good bloke and a coach who is part of the Newcastle clique.

The CEO has now announced that the roster is settled for 2015, even though we are letting go of 4 FG forwards maybe more.

The coach's first decision is to bring back an assistant who's resume now shows he was a failed FG coach and a club legend with a coaching resume which is as thin as the CEOs business resume.

Mediocrity begets mediocrity. If you settle for second best, you will be second best.

This

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

Jarrod Mullen
Darius Boyd
Alex McKinnon
Kade Snowden
Jeremy Smith
Russell Packer
Akuila Uate
James McManus

^ The mans got a point.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Disgraceful last 1/4. No excuse for that kind of drop off

Dobson is just so shit across the park it is astounding. Like Dureau, his ESL form has got him a contract he never deserved

f**k I hate losing at Suncorp

Zoidberg

First Grade
1st Knights game I've walked out on before the final siren (and I was at the '07 Broncos 60 point thrashing).

No heart in that final 20, and "what did they have to play for" you ask, how about play for me, sitting there in the f**king rain, hoping to see my team win, or at least play well.

Good riddance to Bennett.

So mad right now.

Haffa

Horrible last 15 minutes sitting there in the cold and rain watching us fold. Some of those tries were luck others were just pure garbage.

That light at the end of the tunnel keeps getting further and further away.

Knight Vision

First Grade
chin up boys, the season is almost over ( thank f**k ) and we start with a clean slate, no more Bennett and a bunch of promising young kids coming through. Good time ahead.

Rod

Bench
I hope serious Broncos fans didn't think was any sort of indication of their ability to to do any damage to the top teams come finals time....

blaza88z

Coach
Just watched the press conference, Bennett seemed more than happy to answer questions about Brisbane and was offering his comment regarding the ASADA situation when it was asked to Gidley

I think it's safe to say that Wayne just doesn't give a f**k about Newcastle, in the past when his team has been towelled up he's had a dark sombre persona about him, not so much on this occasion.

Noname36

First Grade
Just watched the press conference, Bennett seemed more than happy to answer questions about Brisbane and was offering his comment regarding the ASADA situation when it was asked to Gidley

I think it's safe to say that Wayne just doesn't give a f**k about Newcastle, in the past when his team has been towelled up he's had a dark sombre persona about him, not so much on this occasion.

You must have missed the infamous Souths presser a couple of weeks ago. :lol:

I wouldn't let last night form your opinion on anything. We all knew we were screwed last night, Bennett being no exception. Completely expected outcome. Completely depleted side, nothing left to play for and away from home. We stuck in there for the first 60 despite obviously looking very depleted, but as soon as the game got out of reach we gave up and and the scorline blew out. No surer bet in the game.

I hope for your mob's sake they don't start thinking it was any indication of Brisbane's credentials. I've already heard your supporters saying shit like the NRL is on notice :lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts