What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R24 // Broncos 48-6 Knights @ Suncorp // Sat 5.30pm

Spot On

Coach
You must have missed the infamous Souths presser a couple of weeks ago. :lol:

I wouldn't let last night form your opinion on anything. We all knew we were screwed last night, Bennett being no exception. Completely expected outcome. Completely depleted side, nothing left to play for and away from home. We stuck in there for the first 60 despite obviously looking very depleted, but as soon as the game got out of reach we gave up and and the scorline blew out. No surer bet in the game.

I hope for your mob's sake they don't start thinking it was any indication of Brisbane's credentials. I've already heard your supporters saying shit like the NRL is on notice :lol::lol::lol:

Salary cap scandal??? What are the on notice about?

Knightmare

Coach
I was walking around the perimeter of Suncorp with half an hour to go before kickoff, on the verge of lining up to get a ticket in the cold and the teeming rain when I thought "F**k it." I went to the Caxton instead and got even more liquored up for less than the cost of admission and a watered down cup of XXXX Gold. As soon as I made the decision to turn back up the street I had a feeling I'd just made a good move- and I turned out to be right!

Bennett should just pack his bags and leave now. Let Stone manage them for the last two weeks. Last night just showed that Wayne's heart was never really with us to begin with. Getting beaten 48-6 should be more of a concern to a coach of Wayne's standing but I get the impression he saw last night as the chance to rug up in the coaches' box and make some extra notes on the cattle he gets to work with next season- while getting paid for it.

If you weren't a Knights fan already, I don't know what would endear you to this club and it's a damn shame because I still remember well the days where we were "Everybody's second favourite team". Instead the club has become exactly what it worked so hard to avoid being in its' foundation years- a mediocre bunch of plodders from up the F3 with a comfortable chip on our collective shoulders and low expectations...

Last edited:
On notice! They are ninth and need a miracle to make the 8 with results going their way. Memo Broncos knobs. You cop Melbourne at AAMI in round 26 and they may need to win to make the 8 themselves. Good luck. Enjoy Mad Monday the following week.

Knightmare

Coach
The melodramatic, glass-half-empty attitude of many Knights fans is laughable at times, but at least we're not afflicted with the child-like, wide eyed sense of entitlement that seems to afflict a lot of Broncos fans. They think going 8 seasons without a Premiership is a drought? :lol:

That's cute...

Tryhard

Juniors
Forget about the Coach & get back to the team (although if Stone wanted to he should be given the last 2 games) - how are theinjuries & not sure if they should bring (risk) any on the list for the last 2 games & just give these guys some more NRL (experience)!

undertaker

Coach
Just watched the press conference, Bennett seemed more than happy to answer questions about Brisbane and was offering his comment regarding the ASADA situation when it was asked to Gidley

I think it's safe to say that Wayne just doesn't give a f**k about Newcastle, in the past when his team has been towelled up he's had a dark sombre persona about him, not so much on this occasion.

Getting beaten 48-6 should be more of a concern to a coach of Wayne's standing but I get the impression he saw last night as the chance to rug up in the coaches' box and make some extra notes on the cattle he gets to work with next season- while getting paid for it.

Good old Wayne must've been licking his lips at the Broncos performance last night, looking at what he has to work with next year.

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Speaking of top notch Bronco supporters. I overheard a guy at halftime on his phone proclaiming how great the Broncos were thrashing us 14-0. Now if he made that same declaration at full time I get it.

That's the biggest problem with the Broncos, not the team, I don't mind some of the players, just the "were so great, we've won 6 comps" attitude of a lot of their supporters.

Surprised we haven't seen broncos2010 in here since last night.

Knightmare

Coach
Speaking of top notch Bronco supporters. I overheard a guy at halftime on his phone proclaiming how great the Broncos were thrashing us 14-0. Now if he made that same declaration at full time I get it.

That's the biggest problem with the Broncos, not the team, I don't mind some of the players, just the "were so great, we've won 6 comps" attitude of a lot of their supporters.

Even more frustrating if that if you call them out on their sense of entitlement, they presume it's just because you're from NSW and jealous- because that's what their media have been telling them since day dot.

I'd love to see the Cowboys go all the way this year- my flatmate is a long-suffering Cowboys fan and it'd be awesome to see them finally usurp the Broncos as the "flagship team" in Qld with no comeback. Until they (or the Titans, but that looks pretty far off) win a GF, those Broncos fans will become more and more like Qld's version of Souths- living off past glories to tell themselves that they are still the #1 team in Qld...

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

But but, we are his second favourite team remember. Hed never want to rub it in:roll:

Latest posts