What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R24 Sun - Warriors v Manly Warringah

spartan

Juniors
After watching the rabbitohs match and now this one i fear the eagles are hitting a blip and they'll do well to recover lost momentum even with the returning players.
getting hammered in the posession count,just as well you have the dragons next week

Garts

Bench
We will be ok, but jesus we have handed the game to the Warriors in this second half. Stupid play everytime we get the ball.

spartan said:
After watching the rabbitohs match and now this one i fear the eagles are hitting a blip and they'll do well to recover lost momentum even with the returning players.
getting hammered in the posession count,just as well you have the dragons next week

how many teams in the last 3 years have rested players and won a premiership??

why would u wanna lose momentum anyway :?

spartan

Juniors
feel hasler has rested his players at the wrong time,2nd place was sown up weeks ago and that was the ideal time to rest them,think he would have as well if it weren't for the storm having a brief dip in form

t-ba

Post Whore
joel caine number 1 fan said:
how many teams in the last 3 years have rested players and won a premiership??

why would u wanna lose momentum anyway :?

I'd imagine losing momentum would be better than having some of your star players break down in the final rounds of the regular season.

It's a bastard of a balancing act.

Hopefully there's a full strength side on the park next week.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Some of the best from the afternoon

Robertson pass to Hicks, 2m forward, Manly try
Rubbish penalty on Robertson playing the ball, Warriors try next set
Monaghan passes ball 1m backwards, forward pass called, Warriors try from Scrum
Menzies stripped of ball by Swann, called as lost, Warriors try that set
Robertson scores 1 of the nicest set play tries of the year, No try Manly

Those were just the obvious ones. Sadly there was a lot more poor calls than that as well. Penalty count must have been what, 10-3 in the end ?

Garts

Bench
I cant blame the ref, sure he was sh!t but it was our dumb play that cost us in the 2nd half.

Rovelli

Bench
That Robertson no try changed the game. It was Koopu who jumped out of the line (again) and left the gap open.

Wai was great on offense after coming on for Ropati.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Can't blame the ref fully, sure we had some dumb play, but the majority of that was after all those calls, i dare say that if we were closer on the board a lot of those passes wouldn't have been thrown.

Garts

Bench
Thats true.

Anyway well done Warriors.

As for us I am not concerned, we did damn well for 60 minutes then we just lost our cool. We will towel the Dragons up at Brookie on a Sunday afternoon with our players back.

Frederick

Staff member
bboy_insane said:
what happened with the warriors try? all i have to go off is the leagueunlimited live update which looks to be written by a very pro-warriors guy.
Not so much pro-Warriors...I'm more anti-Manly ;-)

theicemandanno

Juniors
Beavers Headgear said:
Some of the best from the afternoon

Robertson pass to Hicks, 2m forward, Manly try
Rubbish penalty on Robertson playing the ball, Warriors try next set
Monaghan passes ball 1m backwards, forward pass called, Warriors try from Scrum
Menzies stripped of ball by Swann, called as lost, Warriors try that set
Robertson scores 1 of the nicest set play tries of the year, No try Manly

Those were just the obvious ones. Sadly there was a lot more poor calls than that as well. Penalty count must have been what, 10-3 in the end ?

:sarcasm: I know.....and when you add to that just how injury ravaged Manly were beforehand it makes you think that fate has it in for you.:sarcasm:

Rovelli

Bench
Penrith next week will be a hellishly tough game.

We can still fall to 7th (and have to play Manly in week one, with no life) if we lose.

A win, and we will come 4th or 5th.

Manly fLIP

Juniors
The refs are a funny lot. You see a blatant penalty to manly and nothing is given. Then a warriors tackle us, nothing in it and they somehow find a penalty.

The you see us flop in on a tackle and hold down... nothing. Then we go in, make a textbook tackle, get up in time and there goes the whistle.

Today almost looked like the Homer Simpkins was penalising non-penalties and letting sh*t go.

How about burns grapple on McKinnon. Dirty little prick. His off the ball tackle will see him get 3 or 4 weeks in my opinion. What an idiot.

Cletus

First Grade
t-ba said:
I'd imagine losing momentum would be better than having some of your star players break down in the final rounds of the regular season.

It's a bastard of a balancing act.

Hopefully there's a full strength side on the park next week.

I agree, I'd rather win finals games. Same as last week really, sh*t refereeing and a mountain of possession against us. Our completions in the first half was 60%, it's not good enough to win games. Didn't help losing Hall either.
Good to some of the young guys, I guess Bani should replace Hicks and he looks pretty handy.
Warriors played well and it was a pretty good game, just blew out at the end.

Latest posts