What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R25 Sat - Penrith v Warriors

Jono078

Referee
If you want to take something out of it as I did when we won it in 2005...

You guys are now the newest 'greatest spooners' EVER overtaking the 2005 Knights.

Best attack and defence and F/A and = highest my wins by a spoon team.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Bicey_18 said:
Knights 9 wins on 20 points
Panthers 8 wins on 18 points

That really states you guys are the worst team.....

True the Knights are better at winning and that's the bottom line. They got flogged alot more than we did but we all know the rules.

I guess we are the best wooden spooners ever. Better than the Knights of '05 with 8-16 but a better F/A. Cold comfort though :? but we finished the year well. I'm trying to be positive about our chances of success in '08, this year is over for Penrith and thank god for that.

Rovelli

Bench
Saints have won some good games this season, but for most of the season, they were awful when it came to scoring. This was until Soward came.

Saints beat Manly and Canberra with good performances, beat the Broncos when no-one thought they would, and of course the favour they did the Warriors on Monday.

Newcastle were in the top-8 for two-thirds of the season, and of course injuries ravaged their season. Understandably, the way they played towards the end of the season (until last night) was to be expected, and probably lingers most in my mind.

Penrith weren't having much/any luck for the first-half of the season, then we smashed them in Auckland (igniting our attacking flair) and then they had a hellish month. They played well towards the end of the season, but the damage was already done.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Jono078 said:
Although I felt like killing Luaki and Koopu.

You and me both, brother. How stupid was that???

Thank God we got through that one. Now it'll either be the Broncos or the Eels in Friday Night Football at Mt Smart Stadium!!!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Better than the Knights of '05 with 8-16 but a better F/A. Cold comfort though

That would make a cracking game. The 2005 Knights finished the season as one of what Gould described as 'only three sides capable of winning the competition on form'.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Misanthrope said:
That would make a cracking game. The 2005 Knights finished the season as one of what Gould described as 'only three sides capable of winning the competition on form'.

If we're doing this, 2004 Warriors vs 2006 Souths

pantherz9103

First Grade
Penrith premiers 2009?? spooners in '01 to premiers in '03, spooners in '07 to premiers in '09. No crime to dream.

Rovelli

Bench
pantherz9103 said:
Penrith premiers 2009?? spooners in '01 to premiers in '03, spooners in '07 to premiers in '09. No crime to dream.

Penrith won GF in 1991.
Penrith won GF in 2003.
Penrith won GF in 2015.

Munky

Coach
Luke Rooney has sealed up a wing spot in Premier League for next year after last night.

I counted 3 times where he was put clean into space and three times he didn't have the speed, acceleration, power or flair to make it count.

Another for the scrap.

Matt Bell can f**k off aswell. He starts his tackle two seconds before he even makes contact with a player and always allows a quick play the ball.