What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R26: Sharks vs Raiders

azza

Juniors
I expect that what will in fact happen is that Zillman will drop off the bench and play PL instead.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
woodgers said:
He hasn't been in the best form to be honest. Having said that he is still a thousand times better than Kahler. Only 1 coach in the NRL would play Kahler. Not only is he dominated badly in every tackle, him and Mark Minichello are having a competition to see who can give away the most stupid, bone head penalties. Why play a forward who gets you no metres and doesn't intimidate even Preston Campbell?

I thought Chalk had one of his better games against the Storm. Punt Kahler and Hodgson IMO, Ben Jones is a far better option. He has the ability to put opponents on their arse one on one and is certainly no less than effective in attack.

Alan Shore

First Grade
George Roper is developing Beau Scott as a backrower for the daddy's Queens next season.

He's guaranteed to give away at least 3 penalties and knock on twice in his 15min on the paddock. Kimmorley will get the ball then become frozen like the deer in front of headlights, with absolutely no idea what to do whilst Dykes and the rest of the backline catch colds. If we're lucky Gallen might show some aggression and team up with Pomeroy to take their anger out on some hapless Raider like Purtell.

Tip:
Canberra 48 d. Cronulla-Sutherland 4

Bay56

First Grade
Zillman limped off in PL last week ... quite frankly he wasnt at his best when he was on the field ... mind you Zillman on one leg is more potent than Withers ... funny how Elliott has chosen him this week.

YOU'RE STILL A DICKHEAD ELLIOTT !!

Stonecutter

First Grade
skeepe said:
Sharks team is out.

1 Darren Albert
2 Mitch Brown
3 Ben Pomeroy
4 Phil Bailey
5 Luke Covell
6 Adam Dykes
7 Brett Kimmorley (c)
8 James Stosic
9 Kevin Kingston
10 Luke Douglas
11 Reece Williams
12 Lance Thompson
13 Paul Gallen

Subs:
14 Richard Villasanti
15 Nigel Vagana
16 Beau Scott
17 Brett Kearney

3 backs on the bench? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raiders by 50.

Stuart Raper seriously has sh*ts for brains.

I hope for the Raiders sake that youse win to maybe get a higher top 8 position, so good luck guys. :)

Timbo

Staff member
If that interchange bench lines up like that, we'll win by 100.

That is seriously disgraceful team selection, he could only be doing it to try and catch us off guard.

raidz3r

Juniors
i thought chalk had an outstanding game on the w/e. He hits hard in defence and doesn't get dominated in attack. add to that his support play and his great speed. He could really develop into a great impact player.

thickos

First Grade
ugh.... putting the cart before the horse guys. That Sharks team is not that bad and could definitely knock us off. I'm not confident, never am down at Cronulla.

You'd think with Zillman in jersey 18 and Jones in 16 that it will be Zip Zip who misses out. I'd be surprised if he made the final 17 to be honest.

Just a shame that I'm boarding a plane at 4pm for 20-odd hours and will have no idea how this game is gonna pan out! :(

reptar

Juniors
thickos said:
ugh.... putting the cart before the horse guys. That Sharks team is not that bad and could definitely knock us off. I'm not confident, never am down at Cronulla.

You'd think with Zillman in jersey 18 and Jones in 16 that it will be Zip Zip who misses out. I'd be surprised if he made the final 17 to be honest.

Just a shame that I'm boarding a plane at 4pm for 20-odd hours and will have no idea how this game is gonna pan out! :(
Was in the paper today, Jason Smith isn't playing this weekend, so given that team sheet you'd hope Zillman comes in for him. Who knows what Elliott is up to, though?

Raider Ultra

Bench
The Souths game comes to mind immediately. Our record at Shark Park is abysmal, I'll be happy with a good performance leading into the finals.

SOULS 04

Juniors
i just wanna beat the sharks and get some consistancy going and then really put it to the bulldogs or storm in week 1

Freddo

Juniors
1 Clinton Schifcofske (c)
18 William Zillman
3 Phil Graham
4 Adam Mogg
5 Craig Frawley
6 Todd Carney
7 Lincoln Withers
16 Dane Tilse
9 Simon Woolford
10 Troy Thompson
11 Kris Kahler
12 Jason Croker
13 Alan Tongue

Subs:
14 Marshall Chalk
15 Ben Jones
19 Willie Raston
17 Michael Weyman

The immediate injury news was not so positive for William Zillman.

Zillman, who Elliott named on an extended five-man bench for tomorrow's Raiders game, was yesterday struggling to overcome a hamstring injury which has plagued him for three weeks.

He has not trained this week, being restricted to light jogging and gymnasium work.

The 20-year-old will decide today whether he is capable of playing or not. "There's a fair chance I won't play," Zillman said. "I've been getting a fair bit of physio work done on it which has helped but whether I'm ready for an NRL game or not I'm not sure yet."

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/de...ry_id=506536&category=Rugby League&m=9&y=2006

---------

I'd believe the CT over the Telegraph, so I wouldn't say he's officially ruled out yet, but it doesn't look likely.

Bad timing for the kid.

Raider Azz

Bench
you know, i was thinking, after the little first grade zillman played this year i kinda wish he didn't debut until next year so he'd have a shot at rookie of the year. because of his one game for newcastle this year it means he won't be eligable for the award.

BSB Raiderman

Juniors
Raider Azz said:
you know, i was thinking, after the little first grade zillman played this year i kinda wish he didn't debut until next year so he'd have a shot at rookie of the year. because of his one game for newcastle this year it means he won't be eligable for the award.

3 games Azz, Knoughts, Panfers and Dogs.