What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R26: Sharks vs Raiders

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think from memory you have to have played 4 games to be discounted for ROTY, so he might still be a chance next year

either way i dont care, ROTY can be a curse of sorts at times
Many a rookie of the year has been named after a great debut season and then they have struggled to consistantly play at that level

edabomb

First Grade
Yea, cos Carney would of played 3-4 games in 2004 and he still got ROTY last year.

aussies1st

Staff member
Thats bad luck for Zilly, just when he looks set to come back into FG hes got an injury.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ed i think Azz ment the NRL ROTY, not the club
But your right, so maybe they work on the same rules and regulations

raidersforme

Juniors
Raiders ready to run rampant: Woolford
September 1, 2006 - 4:47
With last week's emotional farewell out of the way, Canberra hooker Simon Woolford says the Raiders can now focus on wreaking havoc in the upcoming NRL finals series.
A crowd of over 21,000 turned up to Canberra Stadium for last weekend's clash against Melbourne to send off departing quintet Woolford, Clinton Schifcofske, Adam Mogg, Jason Smith and Jason Croker, who all ran out in front of their home fans for the final time.
With their goodbyes now said and done, Woolford said it was time for the Raiders to knuckle down to the job at hand, starting with Saturday night's trip to Cronulla to take on the Sharks.
"There was a lot of attention given to last week," Woolford said.
"I don't think it affected our performance in any way but it is good to have it out of the way and look forward to more important things which is the semi finals.
"We always believed we were good enough to make the semis and have an impact when we got there, now that the rest of the stuff is behind us we can concentrate solely on that - it's the most exciting time of the year."
Exciting would be the last word used to describe the mood at the Sharks right about now with the club trying to avoid a record-breaking tenth straight loss.
The knives are out for coach Stuart Raper, who still has a year to run on his contract, with Cronulla management to conduct a review of the club's coaching structure over the coming weeks.
The last time they played in front of their home fans the Sharks were booed off the ground after they forfeited a 28-8 lead to lose 32-28 to Penrith in round 24.
Their chances of atoning for that performance have not been helped by the late withdrawal of key forwards Paul Gallen and Ricard Villasanti.
Gallen failed to overcome a quadriceps injury while Villasanti continues to be plagued by a long term knee injury.
The Raiders will know before they run out against the Sharks whether they will have anything more than form and momentum to play for with any hope they may have of moving out of eighth spot dependant on Friday night's clash between Parramatta and North Queensland.
An Eels win in Townsville and the Raiders are doomed to finish eighth with a trip to Melbourne in the first week of the finals their reward.
An Eels loss and a win for the Raiders would see the green machine leapfrog Parramatta into seventh.
Either way Woolford said it was important the Raiders didn't lose sight of the bigger picture.
"We need to go into the semi finals with a bit of confidence and a couple of good performances under our belt - we need that no matter the result in Townsville," Woolford said.
Veteran five-eighth Jason Smith is rated no chance of making a dramatic return from a knee injury to take on the Sharks. Smith hasn't trained with the side all week but Woolford said he should be right to go for week one of the finals.
source:http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Raiders-ready-to-run-rampant-Woolford/2006/09/01/1156817086781.html

edabomb

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Ed i think Azz ment the NRL ROTY, not the club
But your right, so maybe they work on the same rules and regulations

Well in that case I'd say lets wait and see how he goes before we start wondering if he is eligible for ROTY :)

raidersforme

Juniors
Highlight if you want to see score of parra game

22-8 cowboys win destiny is in our hands beat sharks and we play bulldogs at telstra great best chance for us imo will be there with shaved green head
:cool: :cool: :cool:

sydraider

First Grade
raidersforme are you going to the game tomorrow?
Will you be travelling down heathcote road or the m5 to get there?

If all of these questions point to yes can you get back to me?

Bay56

First Grade
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
could be a smoke screen..but i doubt it.

there is always next season.

I dont think it is a smoke screen ... Zilly limped off last week in front of our bay and quite frankly did not a huge impact in the game.

It is bad timing and it is best he has a weeks rest with not much riding on this game.

Raiders_mat

Juniors
Bay56 said:
I dont think it is a smoke screen ... Zilly limped off last week in front of our bay and quite frankly did not a huge impact in the game.

It is bad timing and it is best he has a weeks rest with not much riding on this game.

If you are talking about FG well we have alot riding on this 1 seeing we can now sneek into 7th and avoid the storm in Melbourne.

But if it's PL that you refer to then I can see you point, but if it was up to me, I would want my best 17 out there 1 week from the finals. If Zilly is not 100% then I would'nt risk him

raidersforme

Juniors
sydraider said:
raidersforme are you going to the game tomorrow?
Will you be travelling down heathcote road or the m5 to get there?

If all of these questions point to yes can you get back to me?

Sorry mate i've got neices birthday in mosman at 2 so going doing southern cross

balmainbenny

Juniors
It is the clash of my two most disliked teams in the league.

However, I hope you keep Cronulla's losing streak up this week. Ability-wise, you guys should romp it in. Very unucky not to beat the storm in the end.

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Yeah I really hope you guys can make it past the first week of the finals and I think you'd have a better chance of doing that if you play the Dogs in Sydney instead of the Storm in Melbourne. With Parramatta going down last night you just might do that. Good luck.

Knights V Raiders GF

aussies1st

Staff member
I agree, Dogs don't look as dangerous with all their injuries, Storm will be very hard to beat for us so I'd definitely prefer the Dogs.

I just hope the raiders have there head screwed for this game...cause when we play teams below us on the table we seem to get to complacent and play poor and more often than not we lose.

if we can grab 7th i think we all know we will be the suprise packets of the finals series